Xtreme Gaming Network

S17R2: Red Bull Ring GP - Post Race

Author Topic: S17R2: Red Bull Ring GP - Post Race  (Read 9721 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S17R2: Red Bull Ring GP - Post Race
« on: June 06, 2017, 10:02:50 PM »
RACE RESULTS
SEASON STATS

Penalties
Race 1: Bacchulum came into T2 too fast and ran into Mael, pushing him off the track. 25% restrictor for next round.

Race 2
After T1, a messy incident, which I put down to Kcender87 being too impatient. He was a little boxed in and should have backed off a fraction, but ended up pinballing between Grat and Phil causing all 3 to spin off track. 25% restrictor for next round.

Round Points
Matthew111   69
Jeremy   59
Joe   58
ab156   57
Kcender87   55
Grat   53
Seanus   53
Mael   47
Phil.8   45
Simone   45
Wally   44
RussG   43
Shayne   37
Doobs   37
Dave O   36
AJ   33
KeRo   29
Freezer   26
Gratulin   21
Bacchulum   19
Rob   0

Congratulations to Matthew for pole position, fastest laps and race 1 win, and Jeremy for the race 2 win. Matthew's round!

Season Podium
1. Matthew111, 69
2. Kcedner87, 65
3. Jeremy, 59

Teams
1.    Struggle Street Racing Crew    247
2.    Krahl Racing    103
3.    Infinity+1    101
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 10:50:31 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: S17R2: Red Bull Ring GP - Post Race
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2017, 10:06:30 PM »

2+2=√16

Offline kcender87

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2017, 10:08:18 PM »
Hey all - mic was dead during race for some reason :P I think good race all round but for my self induced off through the compression on final turn in race one. Then found a big impact after turn one a few laps later after avoiding a sausage kerb victim :P

race 2 - not sure if my fault turn 1 exit? I was in the middle of 3 wide and suddenly the gap wasnt as wide as the car and closed before i could nail the brakes to pull out - Ill let the stewards investigate that one :P Otherwise good run to the finish and good run with Matt over final 2 laps for 2nd....which he got :P

To Belgium!

Offline ab156

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2017, 10:13:29 PM »
Finally didn't embarrass myself - some decent controllable laps netted decent results. Enjoyed the clean racing.   

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2017, 10:14:44 PM »
What a difference it makes doing some prac before a race lol car was fantastic but then again I love Austria so we see how we go next round I must test again :D

Was super pumped over my qual lap that felt great haha not much more in it, race 1 was all about getting a clean get away on lap 1 which I managed and from there I managed the race to the fin for a nice win :)

Race 2: A bit tricky from 8th was behind the grat and kcender spin and just missed them, parting my way through the middle. Knowing Jeremy was out front it was difficult to keep momentum picking people off 1 by 1. I think lap 6 I got to p2 about 6 secs behind Jeremy and set hunting him down I got it down to the 2 sec mark by the end but got distracted going into the final turn and had a lame half spin lol so lost my time and had to settle for 2nd in front of kcender :) But 2 nd was all I would of got anyway Jeremy started to pick up his pace so it was a nice 1 2 either way :)
do you even motorsports?

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2017, 10:15:14 PM »
Both pretty good races for me. Qualified 5th but was reading the chat window at the start then got swamped off the line. A few people spun off and I ended up behind Jeremy and Phil for a while. Had DRS on Phil in the second zone quite a few times but difficult to make a pass there, and seeing he's my teammate I didn't want to take us both out. Phil pitted after several laps trying to pass Jeremy and soon after I got past Jeremy when he ran wide coming out of the final turn. He pitted next lap and I stayed out for a few as I had a decent gap in front but didn't manage the best laps. After my stop Phil was 4 seconds ahead and Jeremy around 10 seconds behind due to his pitstop woes. I took it easy from then on to finish 4th (i think).

Race 2 was in the middle of 3 wide around turn 1 and was watching Helicorsa like a hawk when all the cars behind me disappeared. I had a little off in the gravel and lost a couple of positions but made them back up. Had a good battle with Seanus for a good chunk of the race. DRS didn't help me at one stage as I got right on his tail before T1 and didn't expect him to brake as hard as he did and I had to nearly stop and kcender made his move past me. I eventually got past Seanus but by then the others were too far ahead. Finished 5th. (maybe)

Offline Shayne

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2017, 10:21:53 PM »
Disappointing night for me. Still battled on throughout both races anyway but both races were decided at T1.

Race 1: I looked at the replay on this one because I wasn't exactly sure what happened behind me. I was rear ended which broke my rear wing, but the guy behind me was also rear-ended and looking at the positioning of most cars following, it was a very tight bunch of cars trying to navigate that rubbish corner together. I tried to keep going but that rear wing didn't help me and the following lap I spun at T1, so I pitted and continued on to see how many spots I could get back.

Race 2: That big crash happened ahead of me, I had plenty of time to choose where I wanted to go. I went to the right side of the track but there was one car that was still spinning across the track when I was going through the wreckage and I got a tap on my left side which broke my front left wheel and I ended up in the fence. I did the same as Phil and just pitted at this point, waited for the countdown in the pits and then went out to just do some laps by myself.

I hope next week goes better, cya's then! :D

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2017, 10:31:52 PM »
Car felt very good here and I like this track.
R1 After avoiding to many problems I found myself battling Wally for the middle part of the race.  But........ my PC crashed completely on around lap 18 whilst coming 8th I think..  >:( >:( >:(
So all chance of a good result was gone there...
R2 Again kept it clean at the start and avoided the big pile up to move from last into the top 10.  Pushed on and with few laps to go caught my team mate Mael who kindly let me slide by to what ended up being a 7th I think.  Certainly enjoyable coming through from the back.

DRS Fail - Wally, about lap 7 of race 2 I momentarily hit DRS but immediately switched it off.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2017, 10:38:09 PM »
All in all, not a bad night.

Quali and Race 1 were excellent. I was a bit scared of engaging in a duel with kcender on the opening laps, so when I saw him in the mirror at t2, I opened up and let him go. I then missed a DRS chance to get closer next lap, but he solved the problem spinning ahead of me a few turns later. The rest of the race I was keeping an eye on Phil who went to the pit early. I rejoined 3 seconds ahead of him and could match his laps. He almost got me when some traffic scare made me lose almost 2 seconds. But he never got withing 2 seconds (bar the last lap when I slowed down a bit). Great race, for my tastes!

I was ready for a good race 2 in traffic, but the mess at t1 ruined it for me, as the car was really hard to drive after that---and even more after the DA racing incident (I watched the replay and can confirm: for some reason I went on the brakes some 20 meters earlier than usual... no idea why. Sorry Wally).

About the t1 incident: I don't think there is too much wrong. Perhaps, all you can see is that I lift a bit when I see there is no space between me and Joe. Maybe Kcender could have done the same. Instead he tries to find a space on my right, between me and Phil. Honestly: I think it was a completely legitimate move in any race, but given Wally's strict rules for t1 and t2, maybe we should avoid changing lines to go for a gap there. Again: just because of Wally's rules. Otherwise, I personally think it was a fair---though tough---move and I have no problem with Kcender or with the crash in general. It happens.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2017, 10:42:42 PM »
DRS Fail - Wally, about lap 7 of race 2 I momentarily hit DRS but immediately switched it off.
I did the same, thinking it was the radio button to speak to Wally (I have DRS on the far left and radio on the far right). Obviously I gained nothing like you, but what can we do?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2017, 10:58:50 PM »
Race 1 was a cracker, a bit of rubbing on the 1st lap but it was all under control. I'm not surprised that I was the "busiest" in that race - I had lots of battles around Freezer, Simone and Kcender. It's a pity Freezer's PC crashed, because that was good racing with him. I kept getting close enough to Kcender to activate my DRS, but couldn't put it to good enough use to make any pass stick. All it did was keep me a little close to him. I stayed out on track as long I was close enough to Freezer to get the use of the DRS, but once he pulled away more than 1 second, I decided to pit.

Race 2 started off good, close to other guys, but as the race wore on I ended up being a little more alone, watching the gap back to Doobs. I ran into the back of Grat at turn 2 when he slowed unexpectedly in front of me, and towards the end of the race when he caught up to me again, I let him passed. As it turns out, Grat conceded the early braking was his fault so I hadn't needed to redress, but hey, it's all team points, right?

Re DRS penalties, I can't unravel all the guys who said they pressed it by accident. You do the crime, you do the time :) Like I said, round 1 was just warnings, but this round all DRS discretions were penalised.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2017, 11:18:07 PM »
As it turns out, Grat conceded the early braking was his fault so I hadn't needed to redress, but hey, it's all team points, right?
I tried to tell you immediately that it was my fault. But... as you know... it was not the radio button :(

I noticed you let me pass there. No need... ;)

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2017, 12:22:53 AM »
I really love that track but I had no rhythm and no pace which was disappointing.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2017, 10:21:01 AM »
Race 1 crashed into a wall while adjusting pit strategy, got a 10 second cut penalty. Race 2 ran out of fuel. Enough said  ;D

(I drove bad enough in the first part of race 1 that Bacchulum's T2 push had no effect on my race Wally. A penalty for two races in a row is a bit tough so can we let that one slide?)

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2017, 11:34:25 AM »
Nah Mael, I deserve it, sorry. :(
I was on the inside of Simone and just missed my brake marker.
(the downside of practicing alone, not used to obscured vision)

And sorry to everyone else who suffered at turn 1, lap 5.
I bellied it on the curb and just spun into the middle of the track and couldn't get her going quick enough. :(

2+2=√16

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal