Xtreme Gaming Network

S15R1: Zandvoort Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S15R1: Zandvoort Post-Race Chat  (Read 22738 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S15R1: Zandvoort Post-Race Chat
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2017, 11:12:19 AM »
so is race 2 still counting towards to season points, doesn't seem fair if it is
Yes. The race was long enough that people could make up ground. I made it from last to 5th.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2017, 12:10:13 PM »
Yes. The race was long enough that people could make up ground. I made it from last to 5th.

And is that not a good enough reason to make it a non-scoring race?  ;D

I'm very happy with a 5th on the standing but you managed to outscore me again! Well driven Wally.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2017, 12:38:19 PM »
...I nearly T-boned Seanus from what I saw it was a very dangerous re-entry, or he was spun due to collision and was driving forward as I few of us came screaming around the corner...
Can anyone please upload a complete race two replay?
As it is I can neither deny nor confirm(and apologise for) said incident as that whole race was so exciting and first lap so busy that I can't remember it.
My replay file starts at lap three, is this because I use the ultra replay setting and would using a lower setting actually save space allowing the whole race to fit into the daft one gigabyte limit?

I need to apologise to Shameless for a rear ender later in race two braking into the last corner. I yielded by waiting for Dez to get going again which was quite quick as I gave him an extra kiss to his front corner to straighten him up mid spin :o
Yes, if you use ultra settings for replay, you will probably miss the start of the race due to size limitations.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2017, 01:03:47 PM »
Great car and track,i had fun practicing with and doing some laps in the first and second race and actually i had a decent pace as well so...all good.
Not very lucky again i was really really enjoying myself in the first race chasing Joe when someone fark me from behind under braking and push me on the sand big time and soon after i hear the little silly voice,,,,,i am sorry......i mean the feeling of being pushed and hit and sent on the sand out of the blue is devastating especially in the first few laps and watching all the car passing by....MEH!!!   I pressed escape.
(DO YOU GUYS PAY ATTENTION WHILE RACING? OR YOU ONLY WATCH MY ASS?

Race 2 was fun ,again i missed a couple of cars scattered around(do not ask me how) and while battling Wally i saw the yellow flag but i could not avoid 2 more cars....scattered....around this time so........fuck it i opened the fridge and i got myself a cold beer,see you next week guys....

Simone

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2017, 03:06:49 PM »
Great car and track,i had fun practicing with and doing some laps in the first and second race and actually i had a decent pace as well so...all good.
Not very lucky again i was really really enjoying myself in the first race chasing Joe when someone fark me from behind under braking and push me on the sand big time and soon after i hear the little silly voice,,,,,i am sorry......i mean the feeling of being pushed and hit and sent on the sand out of the blue is devastating especially in the first few laps and watching all the car passing by....MEH!!!   I pressed escape.
(DO YOU GUYS PAY ATTENTION WHILE RACING? OR YOU ONLY WATCH MY ASS?

Race 2 was fun ,again i missed a couple of cars scattered around(do not ask me how) and while battling Wally i saw the yellow flag but i could not avoid 2 more cars....scattered....around this time so........fuck it i opened the fridge and i got myself a cold beer,see you next week guys....

Simone

You do always seem to attract chaos Simone, not sure what it is  ;D

REDRUM

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2017, 03:31:47 PM »

Surely nothing to do with him braking late and locking up infront of us   ???  ::)

At least his attitude has rid me of any guilt, thanks Simone.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2017, 03:40:22 PM »
L

Surely nothing to do with him braking late and locking up infront of us   ???  ::)

At least his attitude has rid me of any guilt, thanks Simone.

Not nice.

Also not correct in your assumption.  Locking up makes the braking distance longer - therefore hitting someone while they're locked up makes it twice as bad. 

What you should say is "very sorry again mate and will try to do better next time"

REDRUM

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2017, 03:43:41 PM »
That's precisely what I did do, at the time, only to be abused. Perhaps this is not the league for me, but I'd like to thank Wally and Marty for the opportunity anyway.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2017, 04:13:03 PM »
That's precisely what I did do, at the time, only to be abused. Perhaps this is not the league for me, but I'd like to thank Wally and Marty for the opportunity anyway.
There's no angst here. Everyone's here to race fair and have fun, as we've been doing for years as a group.  Keep a friendly attitude, cut people some slack and take some time to get used to them, and don't take anything personally, and you'll enjoy yourself.  Simone doesn't mean anything personal against anyone. He's made us all laugh for many years with his outbursts.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 04:16:45 PM by Wally »

Offline RussG

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2017, 04:37:01 PM »
Can anyone please upload a complete race two replay?
I have a Race 2 replay which I could upload when I get home.
I personally would like to get a hold of the Race 1 replay as I missed getting it.
Some days you're the pigeon,
Some days you're the statue ...

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2017, 05:01:09 PM »
This has to be added if AC is to become a true simulator.   I could never understand why you would punch another driver if they are wearing a helmet, but hitting them with the steering-wheel, now that would be my style ;D

« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 11:47:28 PM by Mael »

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2017, 05:50:24 PM »
Car was a pile of shit lol first time in it tried chucking a heap of setup changes at it but always responded worse, was so edgy and wouldnt turn for me so i struggled race 1 trying to keep up with the leaders to the point where the rear of the car would randomly snap on me so i just kept looping the stupid turd, ended up behind shameless drilled his car and quit lol. Told team to burn the car to a crisp

Race2: Didnt end up burning it down like i should have instead went with a thousand different changes trying to soften and stabilise the nugget which kinda worked I could keep a consistent pace and put my head down and make up ground without having to worry about the shit box looping on itself. Found my way to 2nd ahead of diehard on softs and had a good battle holding him back to the last lap.

This is going to be a long season for me in this car doesnt suit me at all lol
do you even motorsports?

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2017, 05:58:31 PM »
I forgot to post up penalties last night:

Opening lap penalties
Race 2, Shameless ran into the back of Shayne and spun him - 100 kg penalty ballast for next race.
Seanus hit Chap, but Chap was in the process of spinning on a kerb, so deemed a racing incident.

Yeah it was an unfortunate situation, the car in front of Shayne slowed and we were close and I had no room to avoid it. I offered to redress but Shayne told me to go. Accidents happen though and happy to accept the penalty.

Looking at the Seanus and Chap incident I was a bit concerned about Seanus as I nearly slammed into him, he had already attempted a re-entry and parked himself in the middle of the racing line, I locked up trying to pull the car up to avoid him. Wouldn't that also constitute a 1st lap penalty for dangerous re-entry?

And in race 1 lap 8  on the 2nd/3rd corner chicane where Matthew punted me off to the wall under brakes and no redress is the ruling out on this?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 06:06:11 PM by Shameless_1 »
--- A quitter never races and a Racer never quits. ---

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2017, 06:54:25 PM »
hard to redress when im no longer in the race lol ;)
do you even motorsports?

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2017, 08:06:27 PM »
hard to redress when im no longer in the race lol ;)

you did? lol thought you quit a little later.
--- A quitter never races and a Racer never quits. ---

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal