Xtreme Gaming Network

S29R5: Barbagallo

Author Topic: S29R5: Barbagallo  (Read 14528 times)

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: S29R5: Barbagallo
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2019, 07:28:59 AM »
I won't be taking the starts anymore.
There's obviously something wrong with my Car Radar.
2 weeks running it has shown Killa behind me yet it results in side to side contact.
If I can't trust my tools, I can't be safe in a pack.

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2019, 08:02:25 AM »
2 weeks running it has shown Killa behind me yet it results in side to side contact.
I wouldn't be too hard on yourself or your tools. Last night, it was 3 wide, not all exactly lined up side by side, cars moving a little bit tot the side... Killa was a little to the rear, but there's not a great deal he could have done to avoid a slight touch. That's touring car racing!

I had some great racing last night, despite a few knocks. Chasing Simone for laps glued to his rear bumper with my angry lights on, until he finally ran a little wide and I could squeeze past. Caught in the Phil train with Killa's Nissan and Rob's Merc, jockeying for position to try to pass Phil. That was awesome racing, until I oversteered just a little at the bottom of the hill, tagged the back of Phil's Hyundai and came off. That sent me back to second last because the group was so close behind me.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Ablearcher83

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2019, 09:45:19 AM »
Race 1 was a quiet affair with Kcender getting the jump on me in the first turn, but was able to pass the Nissan in the back Straight. Then it was 19 more laps of hot lapping. (Nil contacts)
Race 2 turn 1 first time around Mael internet glitched and he flotted across the track, I braked heavily making contact with Mael and also Phil and Bacchulum. Then going into T6 with cold tyres I slide the the outside of the track and at the same time slide back to 12. Once the tyres were warmed up the Seat was make short work of the Nissans and Hyundai on the back straight. Joe had a moment coming out of T6 on to the back straight, I thought I had cleared his rear end  but my windsheild smashed (sorry Joe).  I had to work to get passed Bradc to get back to fourth. The last four laps was spent holding Mael off.
Race 3 ab had a moment in the first lap and I found my self in 3rd :) . I could not keep pace with AGK and Freezer, so settled in a rhythum. Then Mael caught me in lap 9 had a great battle to keep him in check. Lap 15 the tyres of the Seat started to go off and in T6 I locked up and Mael was able to get a run down the back straight. I didnt have the speed that Mael had so slowly feel behind. So I settled for fourth.
So all up two fourths and fifth. A good fun night racing.
Intoxicated by the exubrance of my own verlocity

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2019, 11:20:20 AM »
Record night for me.  Getting a win is fairly rare let alone getting three!!
I had cash for the Merc, but the felt much better in the BMW.  Just missed pole in qualy to AB but new the great launch of the BM
would sort that out!!
Each race was a case of getting the good jump and pulling a gap.  From there I focused on keeping it, although it got a bit small at times.
Had solid pressure from AGK and also AB with whom we shared a number of corners side by side, but just managed to prevail.
Formation finish in R1 for Maki Engineering with team mate Mael, but his pc drop out in R2 dropped him back unfortunately.
Now to Croft in the Nissan!

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2019, 11:43:33 AM »
I had cash for the Merc, but the felt much better in the BMW.  Just missed pole in qualy to AB but new the great launch of the BM
would sort that out!!
Each race was a case of getting the good jump and pulling a gap.  From there I focused on keeping it, although it got a bit small at times.
Had solid pressure from AGK and also AB with whom we shared a number of corners side by side, but just managed to prevail.
Formation finish in R1 for Maki Engineering with team mate Mael, but his pc drop out in R2 dropped him back unfortunately.

Nice job Freezer. I've been hoping to get in the BMW one day but I never have quite enough  :'(

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2019, 11:51:28 AM »
would sort that out!!
Yes, rear wheel drive is nice! :)

Nice job Freezer. I've been hoping to get in the BMW one day but I never have quite enough  :'(

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2019, 12:05:47 PM »
Last night, it was 3 wide, not all exactly lined up side by side, cars moving a little bit tot the side...
That's my point Wally.
Car Radar at no point showed any cars beside me, just 2 (side by side) behind, when I had to take my eyes off it to see my turn in point.
but there's not a great deal he could have done to avoid a slight touch. That's touring car racing!
He did have the option to do what I did in R1 with you, at least try to pull out.
That's why I spun then, I was fully off the gas, so the rear was light.
From now on I'll just plow through the car in front.

2+2=√16

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2019, 12:26:56 PM »
Sorry, so it was you again. I thought it was Wally. Have you tried Crewchief? I'm using it and I really like it. He's telling you if there's someone next to you or, when overtaking, once you're clear. I rely on it with a bit of a buffer and it works.
Yeah, the races, in short, Phil has done a great job and I pretty much the opposite. Just couldn't get past him. Tried different lines...then made mistakes...it was frustrating. Then of course other faster cars caught up, passed me easily on the long straight, which meant I lost additional positions. That's all Phil's fault ;-)
However, there was a lot of close racing, which was fun.
Hope I got enough money to get the beemer again.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2019, 12:42:58 PM »
Last night, it was 3 wide, not all exactly lined up side by side, cars moving a little bit tot the side...
That's my point Wally.
Car Radar at no point showed any cars beside me, just 2 (side by side) behind, when I had to take my eyes off it to see my turn in point.

Heliocorsa is still the gold standard in my exalt opinion

Offline Ablearcher83

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2019, 03:20:20 PM »
Sorry, so it was you again. I thought it was Wally. Have you tried Crewchief? I'm using it and I really like it. He's telling you if there's someone next to you or, when overtaking, once you're clear. I rely on it with a bit of a buffer and it works.
Yeah, the races, in short, Phil has done a great job and I pretty much the opposite. Just couldn't get past him. Tried different lines...then made mistakes...it was frustrating. Then of course other faster cars caught up, passed me easily on the long straight, which meant I lost additional positions. That's all Phil's fault ;-)
However, there was a lot of close racing, which was fun.
Hope I got enough money to get the beemer again.

+1 for Crewcheif (spotter) no need to look at radar. So you can keep your eyes on the road.
Intoxicated by the exubrance of my own verlocity

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2019, 03:20:36 PM »
I use Helicorsa and find it shows very accurately what's around me.

He did have the option to do what I did in R1 with you, at least try to pull out.
That's why I spun then, I was fully off the gas, so the rear was light.
From now on I'll just plow through the car in front.
That's the eternal judgement call, isn't it. Whether to pursue the pass or pull out, all decided in the split second heat of the moment. Won't be the first, won't be the last
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2019, 03:29:31 PM »
I also use Helicorsa. Does all I need and never had an issue with it.

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2019, 08:58:58 PM »
Possibly my best night of results in a very long time. Had the races only been 10 laps long each, then I know I would have had a night filled with top 4 finishes. Never the less, as the laps progressed, so to did the faster guys recovering from their early lap dramas. Whilst I didn't move over and wave the white flags as they all caught up to me, I knew that I was taking a knife to a gun fight! Sure it was fun, but in reality my nights results reflected that the fast guys are still fast in very slow cars and snails like me are still snails even when riding in rocketships!

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2019, 05:48:21 PM »
I wonder what Helicorsa's resolution is, because Car Radar's is 20mm. That's right folks, (barring any other mistakes I happen to make) I am repeatedly driving within 20mm of other cars*#. Judging from encounters with other drivers I would say Helicorsa's margin of error is over a metre and VR users seem to need four or five metres clearance to be safe.

*and that is the actual collider be it accurate or not.
#and of course I am leaving more wiggle room than that, to allow for said mistakes.

20mm, that's fantastic. I watched the replay of us, Wally, Bacchulum and me, going side-by-side. To be honest, I don't really know what to say about it. One thing is clear though, car radar should have indicated me being next to Bacchulum and not behind. I was there one the inside and Bacchulum shut the door pulling in towards the apex. Crewchief would have told him that there's a car to the right. The Nissan is a lot faster there, I saw a gap and went for it...wasn't dive bombing.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 05:52:10 PM by killagorilla »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal