Xtreme Gaming Network

S20R4: Road Atlanta Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S20R4: Road Atlanta Post-Race Chat  (Read 24435 times)

Offline Godzilla

• View Profile
Re: S20R4: Road Atlanta Post-Race Chat
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2018, 12:40:25 AM »
Race 2
  • Godzilla bumped the side of Joe, but given that they were side by side for some time and Godzilla had no real visibility of Joe’s car, this is a racing incident.
  • RussG was off track and clipped the side of Godzilla’s car while re-entering, and then clipped JamieP’s car while correcting – racing incident (while RussG could have re-entered more safely, he was really the only car

Sorry Wally. I must disagree with you here on pretty much every point.
I agree with Joe. Godzilla turned in on him causing the carnage. Yes they were side by side for some time, so all the more reason that Godzilla should have been aware not to turn in.
Then ... the only reason I was off track was to avoid crashing into the recovering Godzilla, but the recovering Godzilla thought it best to go straight to the apex when I was there just trying not to hit him. Who was re-entering????
The tap I got there unsettled my car which meant JamieP had no chance to avoid me and clipped me which sent me into the wall.
I rejoined last again ... with big damage again ...

So last race where I got a good chunk of my car on the inside of Grat on the fast right hander and he turned not expecting me there you deemed as my fault. Now someone gets barely a nose in a place there’s nowhere to go and on the first lap and smashed me off track, essentially the same as the incident with me and Grat but in reverse and MUCH less overlap and you also deem that as my fault? Interesting consistency...

Offline RussG

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2018, 01:02:56 AM »
So last race where I got a good chunk of my car on the inside of Grat on the fast right hander and he turned not expecting me there you deemed as my fault. Now someone gets barely a nose in a place there’s nowhere to go and on the first lap and smashed me off track, essentially the same as the incident with me and Grat but in reverse and MUCH less overlap and you also deem that as my fault? Interesting consistency...

First of all, I didn't comment on the incident between you and grat so you have no idea of my opinion on that.

Then, I think you better check the replay ... this incident isn't remotely like the incident with grat, but I have given my opinion on this one as it impacted me. Are you saying that Joe smashed you off track? The replay shows that Joe even braked - obviously to try to avoid contact - did you ... NO, you just turned in when there was a car there (cars can't suddenly disappear). That will only ever end badly.
Some days you're the pigeon,
Some days you're the statue ...

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2018, 08:12:34 AM »
Race one was an uneventful one...was there pretty much by myself on 3 with a pretty decent gap to the guy behind me, but Phil and Kcender were a tad faster so they were pulling away slowly.
So starting 3rd last on race 2, but a bit too cautious at the start, which moved me back last.
It went good after that and I managed to make my way to the front end somehow. There was some really good close racing. I think I was going side by side with Bacchulum through some turns without contact...was great :-)
Got involved in a crash later where a few guys were battling for position in front of me at the S at the end of the long straight. So they messed it up and one car was suddenly parking square right in front of me in the middle of the track, braked hard, but I couldn't avoid contact. However, luckily enough no serious damage for the both of us (I would think).
Race 3 was lots of action...many changes in position and some very close racing with Jeremy and Shayne. Made a couple of mistakes as well. It was a bit difficult racing close to Jeremy at times as he was lagging quite a bit, but we were lucky and it didn't cause a major collision.
Was fun racing...thanks

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2018, 08:27:03 AM »
Race 2
  • Godzilla bumped the side of Joe, but given that they were side by side for some time and Godzilla had no real visibility of Joe’s car, this is a racing incident.
  • RussG was off track and clipped the side of Godzilla’s car while re-entering, and then clipped JamieP’s car while correcting – racing incident (while RussG could have re-entered more safely, he was really the only car

Sorry Wally. I must disagree with you here on pretty much every point.
I agree with Joe. Godzilla turned in on him causing the carnage. Yes they were side by side for some time, so all the more reason that Godzilla should have been aware not to turn in.
Then ... the only reason I was off track was to avoid crashing into the recovering Godzilla, but the recovering Godzilla thought it best to go straight to the apex when I was there just trying not to hit him. Who was re-entering? ???
The tap I got there unsettled my car which meant JamieP had no chance to avoid me and clipped me which sent me into the wall.
I rejoined last again ... with big damage again ...
I won't comment without looking at the replay again, as the whole start was complex, with Seanus not starting off the line and bottling up the field which then went up the hill. It might be a good point of discussion in the video thread. I'll put up a video tonight.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2018, 09:22:37 AM »
Now someone gets barely a nose in a place there’s nowhere to go and on the first lap and smashed me off track, essentially the same as the incident with me and Grat but in reverse and MUCH less overlap and you also deem that as my fault?

Wow that's how you see it? I wasn't that bothered about it as it happens but rather Wally take another look now. We were side by side from the start and you cut across we with all the room in the world on the other side of the track costing me 10+ place. Race 3 you only hit me in the side twice as we were side by side in the twisties the second time pushing me off track and taking the place. Again didn't even mentioned this before as I don't really care, but seems you may need to work on knowing what cars are around you.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 10:00:53 AM by Joe »

Offline Phil

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2018, 02:24:34 PM »
Anyone got a replay of race two? Even the CR record file from Assetto Corsa will do, I can just load it up here on mine.

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2018, 02:38:00 PM »
Hey guys!!!  Sorry for my no show but i came back home from spraying custard apples at 7.15 pm qld time and the only thing i wish was sitting on a couch with a beer or 2 and watching tennis.
Sorry again!!
Simone

Offline RussG

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2018, 03:34:37 PM »
Anyone got a replay of race two? Even the CR record file from Assetto Corsa will do, I can just load it up here on mine.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/fkh7sz75z9x4xj7/AC_020118-205938_R_ks_bmw_m235i_racing_oulton_park_internationalnochic.7z

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2018, 08:02:45 PM »
Race 2 Video Review

Here's the start of race 2, focussing on Godzilla's orange and white car. Godzilla ends up with Joe's blue car to the left. A little later, you see RussG's white car re-entering the track from the left and clipping Godzilla.

[youtube]YRTY-TDJRQg[/youtube]

Here's my take on it. There's not much in the Godzilla/Joe impact. I always cut a lot of slack for drivers in side-to-side impacts because you can't see the other car at all. In this instance, Godzilla could have shown more awareness that there may be a car to the left, but he may not even be aware that there was a car alongside him.

Suggestion for Godzilla - if you're not already running the Helicorsa app, you should be, to get a graphic warning that someone's alongside you.

In the Godzilla/RussG contact, Godzilla is just driving on his line when Russ re-enters from off-track into the rear side of Godzilla, again out of view of Godzilla.

So I stick with my original opinion - racing incidents.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2018, 08:40:15 PM »
I'm with Joe on this one. Godzilla should have definitely known about Joe being on his left and in this turn there was no need to go for the apex anyway.
As Godzilla was closing in on Joe their speed was leveling off more and more...so where should Joe have gone if not being next to Godzilla? It was actually Joe's line imo...
Wally, of course not my call, just an opinion :-) Would have thought Godzilla should have even clearly heard him being so close right beside him.
I'm using Crewchief (btw. definitely turn swearing on). He would have warned him of Joe's presence as well in this case.
I'm running a quad screen setup and, no doubt, I would have seen Joe in this case without glancing left.
A question to VR users, are you actually looking left and right in a situation like that or are you just focusing on your race line?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 08:50:42 PM by killagorilla »

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2018, 09:29:57 PM »
I accept Wally decision as I did from the start, but was surprised to be accused by Godzilla of 'sticking my nose' in and causing the incident.

In my opinion it's 100% his fault. I knew he was there, and being T2 I was sticking to my side of the track. Godzilla also runs VR and has the ability to look around.

While I accept the decision I disagree with it; after a poor first race it was my chance to recover the round starting nearer the front, and that impact put me down in 17th which also had a known on affect for race 3. Causing that much of a disadvantage to somebody though carelessness as well as anyone else caught up in it should really be penalized.

Offline RussG

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2018, 09:55:42 PM »
Wally's watching a different replay to the one I see.

Offline Shayne

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2018, 11:11:23 PM »
A question to VR users, are you actually looking left and right in a situation like that or are you just focusing on your race line?

I do sometimes, usually down a straight or somewhere that I feel comfortable looking away from the direction I'm going. Mostly though I'm just watching the racing line and helicorsa is right in the middle of my windscreen so I most definitely know if someone is still beside me.
Looking at that replay, I wouldn't of been looking out the side window. I would of kept my eyes on what's going on in front of me.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2018, 11:17:04 PM »
Wally's watching a different replay to the one I see.

lol Its very rare to disagree with Wally  but I'll go Russ. Its all very slight touches, nothing on purpose but majority of error still belongs to Godzilla.

And apologies to Dadio, I made a bad error taking him out into the first chicane during race 2, 100% my fault  :'(

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2018, 12:09:09 AM »
I'll say Godzilla x 2.
Clearly moves left in the first hit, then with Russg coming through quicker up the inside moves left again. (albiet with russg on the kerb, but definitely over lap)
Nothing dramatic but a bit more awareness would have stopped both incidents.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal