Xtreme Gaming Network

S241R4 - Feldbergring Race Chat

Author Topic: S241R4 - Feldbergring Race Chat  (Read 19765 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S241R4 - Feldbergring Race Chat
« on: October 02, 2018, 10:54:02 PM »
Joe maintains his championship lead, and Freezer moves up into second place after Kcender's technical problems caused a DNS. Other big improvers on the standings were Killagorilla (+8 places), and Keith, Wally and Brad (+4).

RACE 1 RESULTS
SEASON STANDINGS
SEASON STATS

Round Points
killagorilla   58
Keith   48
Freezer   42
ab156   36
Joe   32
bradc   30
Bacchulum   28
Wally   26
Rob   24
Mael   22
Seanus   20
Doobs   18
Mac87   16
AbleArcher83   14
Simone   0
buellersdayoff   0

Congratulations to Killagorilla on pole and the race 1 win - his first (and also first podium) for the season.

Penalties

Race 1
Mac ran into the back of Seanus, causing him to leave the track – 15 kg penalty.

Season Standings
1. Joe, 145
2. Freezer, 123
3. Kcender87, 118

Oct 9: Feldbergring Enduro [DOWNLOAD]

This will be a single, 50 minute (plus 1 lap) race. You will probably have to pit for fuel and/or tyres. There are no pit restrictions.

Damage will be 50%.

The track is 11.6 km long, so don't leave it too late to start learning the track!

"The Feldbergring race took place every year in Taunus, Germany, from 1920-1928, from 1934-1936, and lastly from 1950-1954. I have made the last version they raced on. The circuit was 11.6km long and held on public roads, with a height differential of 280m. It was used for the German Motorcycle Championship, as well as single-seater sports cars.

For 1955, the authorities demanded that a bypass was built around the village of Oberreifenberg, which was not made. This meant the end for the Feldbergring, and as a result of the terrible accident at the 1955 Le Mans race, many motorsport event throughout Europe were cancelled or suspended in subsequent years.
"
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 10:40:23 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline RussG

• View Profile
Re: S241R4 - Feldbergring Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2018, 11:05:07 PM »
Unfortunately, I will be away for the next 2 weeks ....

Have fun guys ...
Some days you're the pigeon,
Some days you're the statue ...

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2018, 10:23:19 PM »
Unfortunately, I will be away for the next 2 weeks ....

You missing out Russ. What a great track, a sort of rural short green monster. Even just hot lapping is addictive.

So far I'm the quickest with a 4:27 but there a lots of time to gain so get practicing, it will be required!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2018, 05:27:49 PM »
It will be a small miracle if I finish this race.  :-X

Fuel is no issue, but I'm expecting to have to pit for tyres at some stage.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2018, 10:49:05 PM »
What a fun and good looking track. Managed to snap part of my clutch spring off though which is a bit distracting. There is about 1cm of travel with no feel before it hits the spring  :-\

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2018, 01:32:01 PM »
What a fun and good looking track. Managed to snap part of my clutch spring off though which is a bit distracting. There is about 1cm of travel with no feel before it hits the spring  :-\
How did you break your clutch spring? Jabbing at the clutch pedal with your foot?

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2018, 03:08:06 PM »
How did you break your clutch spring? Jabbing at the clutch pedal with your foot?

I have no idea... There was a weird sound one time when I pushed the clutch in then the pedal felt loose. I looked and the spring doesn't fit the length of the arm anymore. Either a part broke off or it's warped. I won't have time to fix it tonight before Tuesday's race, but I'll take it off and head to bunnings at the weekend and see if I can get a similar spring.

EDIT: Actually just remembered I took a day of leave tomorrow so maybe I can try and fix it before the race  8)

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2018, 08:19:40 PM »
Yeah the spring is definitely snapped in the middle and I now have zero resistance on the clutch. Will need to fix it before tomorrow as the clutch keeps half engaging...

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2018, 10:55:37 PM »
Yeah the spring is definitely snapped in the middle and I now have zero resistance on the clutch. Will need to fix it before tomorrow as the clutch keeps half engaging...
Can you just adjust the clutch pedal min and max range in the AC controller settings?

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2018, 08:37:49 AM »
Can you just adjust the clutch pedal min and max range in the AC controller settings?

I did try and  make a few adjustments but the lack of feel in the pedal led me to....

Offline Ablearcher83

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2018, 09:17:18 AM »
 Don't know about you guy, but every time I pass the Pub in the woods in the uphill section, I get a urge to stop for a cold one and kransky.   :)
Intoxicated by the exubrance of my own verlocity

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2018, 09:39:19 AM »
Don't know about you guy, but every time I pass the Pub in the woods in the uphill section, I get a urge to stop for a cold one and kransky.   :)
Ha  ha, like it :)

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2018, 11:07:45 AM »
Haha, there's a spot there somewhere on this track where I've just got to stop and load the car up with hay bails, every time

Offline keithsgillan

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2018, 01:25:15 PM »
I'm not sure whether it will be an issue tonight... but I was running some laps last night and it never seemed to register a time on the tracker. I noticed when circulating there were 2 micro sectors that never registered.

I assured I didn't go off track and kept it between the lines, although it still never registered  :o anyone else have this issue?

I hope it won't count as a PLP cut track

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2018, 02:22:31 PM »
I'm not sure whether it will be an issue tonight... but I was running some laps last night and it never seemed to register a time on the tracker. I noticed when circulating there were 2 micro sectors that never registered.

I assured I didn't go off track and kept it between the lines, although it still never registered  :o anyone else have this issue?

I hope it won't count as a PLP cut track
My time on the laps page is from a few days ago, none of my better times have appeared!!  But others have in the meantime...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal