Xtreme Gaming Network

S241R4 - Feldbergring Race Chat

Author Topic: S241R4 - Feldbergring Race Chat  (Read 19776 times)

Offline Dave O

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: S241R4 - Feldbergring Race Chat
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2018, 02:28:51 PM »
I'm not sure whether it will be an issue tonight... but I was running some laps last night and it never seemed to register a time on the tracker. I noticed when circulating there were 2 micro sectors that never registered.

I assured I didn't go off track and kept it between the lines, although it still never registered  :o anyone else have this issue?

I hope it won't count as a PLP cut track

Did some laps the other night and had trouble staying on track  :o but managed a couple of legit laps ( or so I thought) ?
But no times up for me either  :-\
NEVER TOO OLD TO RACE ... being competitive can be a PROBLEM though.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2018, 02:42:07 PM »
I have had laps not register that I thought were valid but assumed I just cut somewhere and didnt notice.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2018, 05:12:30 PM »
Maybe it's all just an stracker issue. Dunno. But we don't use stracker on the night anyway. I'll keep an eye out for any screwy results.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2018, 06:10:54 PM »
Server's up.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2018, 07:02:24 PM »
put my pedals back together and neither clutch or accelerator worked... had a small heart attack and took the hall sensor off the accelerator and put it back on and both working... weird

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2018, 10:06:20 PM »
Good fun while it lasted, made a few small mistakes running a bit wide on the exit of some corners, minor damage, didn't slow me. Then did another, brushed a fence on exit and it dragged me through it, ended up flipping under the map and couldn't get back to pits...all over

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2018, 10:26:22 PM »
Some good close racing for the first half of the race chasing Freezer and Killa with Keith close behind. At nearly the half way point Freezer had a wobble coming out of the final turn allowing me and Keith by, but it did seem like the tyres were going a little and I went wide into the wall on that tight right downhill turn allowing Kieth by.

With Killa, Kieth and Freezer all so close I thought I'd pit and hopefully get some clear space. I was in 3rd and pitted and came out in 5th. I kept watching the delta to the 4 in front wondering when they'd pit and to see where I'd be when they did.. that never happened as they never pitted so the last half of the race was just hot lapping. I just assumed based on the tyres going off on the sprint races we'd need to pit, but I guess they just degraded to a point where they were still manageable  :o

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2018, 10:40:38 PM »
Results are up in the 1st post.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2018, 10:44:41 PM »
Good fun while it lasted, made a few small mistakes running a bit wide on the exit of some corners, minor damage, didn't slow me. Then did another, brushed a fence on exit and it dragged me through it, ended up flipping under the map and couldn't get back to pits...all over
That's a bummer  :(

My race was good. I think race nerves/adrenalin made me back off a fraction so that I largely kept the car off the barriers. The only times I hit anything were on the 2 outlaps on cold tyres, hitting the straw bales at the hairpin. I had a little bit of close racing with Mac and Rob, but for the most part, I was glad to be alone and just put in consistent lap times. Near the end, I was watching the (closing) gap back to Mael to make sure he didn't ambush me, but he pitted very late in the race, which took the pressure off. Overall, very happy with my race.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2018, 11:00:34 PM »
Great nights racing for me.  Qualified 2nd behind Killa.
Got away cleanly and was a bit surprised to be able to hang on to Killa given he had a pretty fast qualy time.  But hang on I did for the first half of
the race or so.  Fluctuating between 0.3 and 1.5 sec gap it was a pretty tight battle with me hoping he would make a mistake!
Following close behind was Joe and Keith but after a powerslide out of the final hairpin they slipped by.   Joe then pitted for tyres so I slipped back up to 3rd.
The run to the flag was a close battle with AB.  Killa and Keith were now to far ahead.  Ended up 3rd which was a great result.
As for tyres, not sure how many pitted but I decided to hang out and see.  Tyres dropped to 98 fairly early but didn't get lower, I actually grabbed fastest race lap on
the final lap!!
P.s. Great track Wally, not sure where you found this one !!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 11:03:32 PM by Freezer »

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2018, 11:38:46 PM »
Would never have thought I can do so many laps without properly wrecking the car.
I've made quite a few changes to the setup of my new wheel base just recently and based on the result of my last two qualies it seems it's paying off. I found it strange that the change a few month ago has made me less competitive for the last couple of seasons. Hopefully that's not just a one off thing.
I was trying to crack Kcender's time on the practise server, was well in the 4:08, but screwed it in the last hairpin...going through there in 2nd gear is not a good idea.
Was probably a bit nervous there at the front, but managed to keep Freezer and Keith behind me. Keith, that thing was close...was lucky...would have been a pity if that had ended my/our race. I didn't see an opportunity for you there. Well, we both got away with it...
The strategy without pitting worked well. Was pure luck as I never have managed to do more than 4 consecutive laps.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 11:44:28 PM by killagorilla »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2018, 07:18:37 AM »
Freezer, I just looked at the newest tracks on RD, as I do from time to time.

Well done Killa. Great driving to keep your nerve and lead the race the whole way.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2018, 07:18:55 AM »
Hey Wally. Nothing against Freezer of course but just wondering how the scoring works when he missed last round. was surprised the points were still so close with a missed round so looked back and he picked up 37 points at imola without being there?

edit: actually looks like it's the drop round thing?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 07:31:32 AM by Joe »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2018, 09:46:39 AM »
Hey Wally. Nothing against Freezer of course but just wondering how the scoring works when he missed last round. was surprised the points were still so close with a missed round so looked back and he picked up 37 points at imola without being there?

Yeah, don't forget that everyone's worst round is dropped.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2018, 10:49:38 AM »

Yeah, don't forget that everyone's worst round is dropped.

Yep I figured that out afterwards. I usually don't pay much attention to the points as I'm way down. Got lucky this season so far.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal