Xtreme Gaming Network

S4R1: Imola Results and post race

Author Topic: S4R1: Imola Results and post race  (Read 18357 times)

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: S4R1: Imola Results and post race
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2014, 05:19:03 PM »
As another option I ran a different track map which colour codes those that are in front or behind you.
Good nights racing regardless....
Can we have a link to that app please?

Pretty sure that would be the same one as this.
http://www.xgn.com.au/index.php?topic=452.0

I have been running it its good but found it quite confusing still during the last race, especially after the pitstop but I also just got damage and was trying to figure out if I needed to pit again or see if it was driveable enough to continue. Made it kind of hard to focus on the track map much and so I did get into Matthews way just before he pitted as he lapped me. I didnt know who I was passing for position or lapping but I onoy gained 15 spots during the race but made quite a few more passes then that so likely a few were cars I was lapping.

The blue flag app would be more handy and if it works should be encouraged for all to use it. Id love a proper real time leaderboard app showing your gaps to the 3 cars ahead and behind also showing what position they are in. This wouod also be good to see who is pitting and post their last lap time. This would be about all Id need and is similar to what all other sims have, the mp timing in AC is I think easily its weakest part.

Its almost like the game doesnt even know where anyone is most of the time, just has a transponder updating at the line and thats all it knows.
Have a look at this Marty.  Haven't tried it yet but it shows the gaps etc...
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ferito-livecartracker.3420/

Just tried that app and its pretty good, it actually also has the blue flag app combined with it and gives live splits plus lap number of each driver ahead and behind. I only tried it with AI but its pretty much what I was looking for well worth giving it a try.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2014, 06:18:25 PM »
Race 1 I tapped Krahl into T1 L2, sorry for that. :-[
You had only just passed me on the inside then moved back in front of me right at the braking zone.
I tried to get onto the grass to miss but just didn't have enough time.

Race 2 the only incident was some rubbin' with Guy as he fought back through the field.
It was only rubbing, but my screen cracked, rear wing red, spoiler yellow and left rear suspension yellow.
I dropped off the pace after that (I think, didn't really see anyone after the pit stop....)

And I think I need the blue flag app, I let Marty past at the end think I was getting lapped by Guy. :o :-[

2+2=√16

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2014, 07:17:10 PM »
A suggestion for the next race Wally as I think some people didnt get time to cross the line is make the server go for much longer after race. It can even be 5 minutes or more as there isnt really any need for the server to bounce back to next session after the race, this will also allow everyone to save their replays even if finishing the race a couple minutes after the leader.

Offline Vipergod

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2014, 08:13:54 PM »
For me it was a good night.
I spun by myself after the pitstop in R2 ended up on my own (apart from Marty screaming past me "with a damaged car")
R1 one was ok
So all in all i am much happier with the game

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2014, 08:53:08 PM »
A suggestion for the next race Wally as I think some people didnt get time to cross the line is make the server go for much longer after race. It can even be 5 minutes or more as there isnt really any need for the server to bounce back to next session after the race, this will also allow everyone to save their replays even if finishing the race a couple minutes after the leader.

Yes, I've already bumped it up from 2 mins to 3 mins.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2014, 08:10:24 AM »
As another option I ran a different track map which colour codes those that are in front or behind you.

I have been running it its good but found it quite confusing still during the last race, especially after the pitstop but I also just got damage and was trying to figure out if I needed to pit again or see if it was driveable enough to continue. Made it kind of hard to focus on the track map much and so I did get into Matthews way just before he pitted as he lapped me. I didnt know who I was passing for position or lapping but I onoy gained 15 spots during the race but made quite a few more passes then that so likely a few were cars I was lapping.

The blue flag app would be more handy and if it works should be encouraged for all to use it. Id love a proper real time leaderboard app showing your gaps to the 3 cars ahead and behind also showing what position they are in. This wouod also be good to see who is pitting and post their last lap time. This would be about all Id need and is similar to what all other sims have, the mp timing in AC is I think easily its weakest part.

Its almost like the game doesnt even know where anyone is most of the time, just has a transponder updating at the line and thats all it knows.

That app looks excellent. It gives you a really good picture of who's around you, showing names, positions and time splits, as well as blue flags. I'll give it a go in the Cobras tonight, but I can see this becoming mandatory on Tuesdays to manage lapping traffic better.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2014, 09:19:32 AM »
race 1: i did a crap job in qualy which is not handy around imola lol so i was stuck in 4th but i didnt really have the race pace to challenge marty anyway so i had a lonely time in 4th until aiman had a issue and i finished 3rd

race 2: Didnt nail qually again but at least this time i was on the front row. Got a decent start and slotted in behind Aiman in p2 but soon realised my setup that i hashed together an hour before the race had to much aero to challenge or defend lol and had edwood all over me down the straights which then put the pressure on me to really hustle the car through the turns to get a decent air gap before the next straight lol. Eventually pulled a buffer on him and chased down aiman car had good pace and i was right on his bumper before he pitted, i stayed out a extra lap but ran into traffic but didnt really matter as i stuffed up my stop in the rush to click all the right buttons i must of missed the "fill" button so i got no fuel in the stop so i had to reverse the car and drive it back in and do it again lol cost me 20secs was kinda annoying. So i finished a lonely 4th
do you even motorsports?

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2014, 10:13:28 AM »

That app looks excellent. It gives you a really good picture of who's around you, showing names, positions and time splits, as well as blue flags. I'll give it a go in the Cobras tonight, but I can see this becoming mandatory on Tuesdays to manage lapping traffic better.

For some reaon that app wasnt working for me at golf course last nite when I ran a couple laps with ed. It was working at mugello when we ran on the practice server. It has a strange issue in the pickup mode server during qualy as it listed a car that wasnt in there but must have made a lap earlier until you crossed the line. In a race it was all good though but at golf course the app just went blank. It may have been because I didnt have a track map for golf course it seems unlikely to use that data but i will try again after having made myself a map. I will need to give it another go there but seemed fine on other tracks I wonder if it will work for others.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2014, 10:21:47 AM »
Yes, I jumped on the Thursday prac server at Golf and noted the placing app didn't function either, just a very large opaque box.
Not sure why, maybe due to a mapping of the track missing some points  :o
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2014, 10:50:23 AM »
So at least it wasnt just me Bruce as I do seem to find odd bugs nobody else. Its strange as Im sure the golf track has a working AI file which is most likely whats used for positional data. This is used for replays and telemetry, actually will need to check if ingame telemetry is working.

Also I will try it on that track offline as I wonder if possibly not having the AI file added to the server could disable the AI file for all when in an mp session. Not sure if you uodated the track checksum files on your server but thats just a hunch as I rememeber snoopy did make AI for that track.

Offline gawaterman

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2014, 03:56:13 PM »
Not trying to blame GWyar, I would really like to hear his side of that, I think lag may have played a part in it.

Oh well, guess I will just have to do better in the 599 next week.

Just saw this and it jogged my memory. Pretty much as you said we were side by side and gently touched but it shot you right off track, but had little effect on me. Just one of those internet lag things I am guessing

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2014, 04:57:43 PM »
And I think I need the blue flag app, I let Marty past at the end think I was getting lapped by Guy. :o :-[

Lol that makes sense, it took me about 4 laps to get passed m8r then I saw you were next in line. Ive always found it hard getting by you in the past so was quite suprised it was as easy. I assumed maybe you were more damaged then I was but looks like you just did the sensible thing and moved over without a fight.  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal