Xtreme Gaming Network

S19R5: Paul Ricard Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S19R5: Paul Ricard Post-Race Chat  (Read 9331 times)

Offline DC

• View Profile
Re: S19R5: Paul Ricard Post-Race Chat
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2017, 07:00:49 AM »
Thanks Wally.
I had a great close race with Freezer for the first half of the Race, thanks for the close racing again Freezer !! Love that Skin !!
A little lonely after the Pit Stop for the second half of the Race with Phil flying toward the closing stages, I'm just glad it wasn't a couple more Laps.
See you next week. 

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2017, 08:06:08 AM »
As you guys pointed out, I seemed to have an advantage on the single lap, but I knew that the race would have been harder. In fact, it was even harder than expected, as it took me a few laps to learn how to deal with traffic in those fast bends. The first attempt was a disaster, and found myself with 3 cuts and in 3rd position with almost 50 minutes to go. I did not drive well after that, but I managed to get a pass on Matthew a little before the pit stop and build a minimal pillow between me and him. After that, I started to drive a bit better, and it seemed I found out a few "safe" lines to pass the GT3s. That said, every GT3 was a stress, with 3 cuts on the bag,... but it worked out ok.

All in all, definitely my best season so far. I do not like too much driving with my thumb, but the cars are nice and the traffic was definitely a huge challenge. Only remorse is that with only 4 races out of 7 I have no chance at a podium even this season... Oh, well...

Big THANK YOU! to Wally for another amazing season.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2017, 09:11:55 AM »
"Driving with my thumb..." :) Good way to put it.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2017, 11:13:45 AM »
Not sure about the start but I heard "Go go go" hit the loud pedal and shot from 4th to 1st of the GT3's.  Did the others miss the jump?  Not sure....
The race progressed pretty well with DC behind until the pit stop.  Despite a clean stop I came out behind DC, and by a reasonable margin. 
Had a good battle with Phil who eventually got by and not long after copped my mandatory hit and spin which whilst not costing a spot, put the two or three
cars right on my tail.  I think the hit cost me some speed as I couldn't match the speed of the first half of the race and eventually lost a few more spots to come
home 15th.
Weirdly I went up one spot in the standings, which after another lost opportunity seems strange!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2017, 12:26:44 PM »

Weirdly I went up one spot in the standings, which after another lost opportunity seems strange!
It might be the dropped round somehow, when people's worst rounds can change week to week.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal