Xtreme Gaming Network

Round 4: Monza race chat

Author Topic: Round 4: Monza race chat  (Read 60385 times)

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: Round 4: Monza race chat
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2014, 08:39:17 PM »
Here is my telemetry for a recent lap Wally - 1.51.1
Thought you may want to do one of those awesome telemetry analysis again :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o3n9m8bg8yneodm/Tatuus%20Monza.nkt

Also, I'm fairly settled on my setup now if anyone wants to try.  If it's a bit tailey then try decreasing the rear ARB to 0.
Is there a link to the uber setup  . . . :)

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2014, 09:55:58 PM »
Here is my telemetry for a recent lap Wally - 1.51.1
Thought you may want to do one of those awesome telemetry analysis again :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o3n9m8bg8yneodm/Tatuus%20Monza.nkt

Also, I'm fairly settled on my setup now if anyone wants to try.  If it's a bit tailey then try decreasing the rear ARB to 0.
Is there a link to the uber setup  . . . :)

First post in the "setups" thread in the forum.

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2014, 09:56:38 PM »
Wally..
At the end of the day.
we want to see where Guybrush is cutting.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2014, 10:21:06 PM »
Seeing I dont think I will be running softs in this race at all here is my Telemetry for a 7 lap race on hards, Last lap was low 1:52 and the last few laps were all in the 52s or close to.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/oh1l3en7wft5nmx/Marty+7+lap+race+hards.rar

Offline Glen73

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2014, 06:51:46 AM »
It would have been nice to some how leave the softs and mediums as they are and be able to adjust hard wear rate only. I am also interested to see where the three tires cross over for grip, ie softs at 92% is equal to optimal hard grip and where exactly does this leave the mediums.

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2014, 07:12:05 AM »
I reckon that softs at about 97% is equivalent to the hards in terms of lap time.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2014, 11:46:18 AM »
As always I struggle for pace on the softs as my best lap on softs is 1:51.8 and best on hards is 1:51.9  :) so not being able to use softs isnt something I will miss too much.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2014, 11:52:59 AM »
TIRE WEAR SETTINGS

I've been testing this morning, and I found that the hard tire wear drops off rapidly at about 96, but then won't go below 90. If all of your tires are at 90 (i.e. still balanced), the car is quite drivable. But the rears wear faster (especially the left rear) - so you can find yourself at 97 front and 90 rear, which is a spinfest.

So here's what I'll do:

I'll have tire wear set to 5x for RACE 2 ONLY, to simulate an enduro with greasy tires at the end of a long stint. If you look after your rears, that will still be quite manageable on hards. It should make the race interesting, especially in the closing laps.

If you want to test this yourself, you can edit Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\assists.ini and set TYRE_WEAR=5.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 12:02:14 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2014, 11:59:30 AM »
What's your lap there, Wally?
I've managed a 53.3 after a few laps with a modded guy setup (raised it by 2cm again against sudden death, added a bit of fuel and straightened the rear toe-out, it was bugging me a bit, hehe - oh and set the brake a bit towards the rear.)  But all in all I think I could potentially do better with this set.  Still, I dunno where I'm effing up.  Here's my telemetry if you want to analyse me :)
Actually, this is the wrong file. It's a TC file instead of an NKT file.
ops.  I thought that the telemetry will be in the folder that says telemetry.    :)

I've found this one in the "aim" folder, I guess this is it:
http://ysumail.com/ac/telemetry_dump.rar

Altho I can see the results already..."Guy brakes later, carries more speed and gets on the throttle earlier" LOL.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 12:03:00 PM by Bird »

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2014, 12:04:28 PM »
Will you be making the practice server 5x tyre wear Wally?

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2014, 12:07:07 PM »
I've been testing this morning, and I found that the hard tire wear drops off rapidly at about 96, but then won't go below 90. If all of your tires are at 90 (i.e. still balanced), the car is quite drivable. But the rears wear faster (especially the left rear) - so you can find yourself at 97 front and 90 rear, which is a spinfest.

So here's what I'll do:

I'll have tire wear set to 5x for RACE 2 ONLY, to simulate an enduro with greasy tires at the end of a long stint. If you look after your rears, that will still be quite manageable on hards. It should make the race interesting, especially in the closing laps.

If you want to test this yourself, you can edit Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\assists.ini and set TYRE_WEAR=5.

I did notice that with tye wear, if the wear balance front to rear is a bit off then your going to have lots of trouble. One good thing I noticed with my setup is very even wear but still when running softs by accident over 7 laps I had issues locking rears into parabolica but this was more due to them overheating. The hards dont overheat but I will put up my server tonight with very short qualy and 14 laps race and 5x wear to give it a try.

Seeing that will be the rule for race 2, pit stops should be a dq as doing a 1 stop race on hards would likely be much quicker over 14 laps then grinding out the last half on worn tyres.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2014, 12:36:13 PM »
Will you be making the practice server 5x tyre wear Wally?

Yep, it's already got 5x wear on it.

Seeing that will be the rule for race 2, pit stops should be a dq as doing a 1 stop race on hards would likely be much quicker over 14 laps then grinding out the last half on worn tyres.

Yep, you already can't pit because it buggers up the race standings and results.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2014, 02:43:16 PM »
I just ran a couple race stints on the server, had no issues running much the same pace all race and my wear was quite even just playing with brake balance through the stint a little. Finished on 97% which I get to after about 5 or 6 laps then it just stays there for me. I could still set a session best on the last lap and could get into the 1:52's easy enough most of the race if I was to push a little harder but ran low 53's from lap 2 to 14 only a couple mistakes here and there that cost a few more tenths.

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2014, 02:53:40 PM »
I just ran a couple race stints on the server, had no issues running much the same pace all race and my wear was quite even just playing with brake balance through the stint a little. Finished on 97% which I get to after about 5 or 6 laps then it just stays there for me. I could still set a session best on the last lap and could get into the 1:52's easy enough most of the race if I was to push a little harder but ran low 53's from lap 2 to 14 only a couple mistakes here and there that cost a few more tenths.

You sure it was on 5x wear? That would be the equivalent of running 70 laps for only 97%?

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2014, 02:56:48 PM »

You sure it was on 5x wear? That would be the equivalent of running 70 laps for only 97%?

and how much cutting did he do?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal