Xtreme Gaming Network

S28R1: Hockenheim 60's

Author Topic: S28R1: Hockenheim 60's  (Read 22362 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S28R1: Hockenheim 60's
« on: May 01, 2019, 02:21:34 PM »
Congratulations to Guybrush on Pole, Kcender and Bacchulum for their race wins (Bacchulum's 10th Tuesday race win), and Kcender's overall round win.

RACE 1 RESULTS
RACE 2 RESULTS
RACE 3 RESULTS
SEASON STANDINGS
SEASON STATS

Round Points
Kcender87   122
Bacchulum   112
Guybrush Threepwood   109
Phil.8   92
ab156   88
Seanus   86
Joe   78
bradc   70
AGK   66
Wally   60
Freezer   60
Bird   58
RussG   56
rooshooter   32
Doobs   32
Mael   28
Gratulin   26
Dave O   26
Rob   22
JamieP   18
AbleArcher83   18
Simone   0

Lap 1 Penalties

Race 1
Russ had gone off at the fast right hander, and was rejoining the track from the side road, when DaveO came around the corner. Dave had left some room; Russ was rejoining; it wasn’t one party’s clear fault, so a racing incident.

Bacchulum turned in a bit too soon; Guybrush went a bit too straight; again it wasn’t one party’s clear fault, so a racing incident.

Same corner, similar incident between Joe and Freezer; again a racing incident.

Race 2
Bradc ran into the back of AGK and spun him – 30 kg penalty ballast for next race.

Race 3
DaveO and Mael had a wheel to wheel contact that ended in tears; racing incident.

Guybrush spun after putting a wheel in the grass and collected Kcender – racing incident.

Guybrush ran into the back of Rob, spinning him - 30 kg penalty ballast for next race.

Wally and Freezer had a side-to-side wheel contact – racing incident.

Season Standings
1. Kcender87, 122
2. Bacchulum, 112
3. Guybrush Threepwood, 109

3 x 11 laps

Track download: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/60s-hockenheim-grand-prix-circuit-f3-classic-tracks.13105
Plus extra pitboxes (Thank you Seanus!): https://drive.google.com/open?id=1lETV84B5FwxZ3JV3dX81b4jdpvHv15Fn

Weather is mild: 18 to 23 degrees.

Remember to sign up and make a car choice at the Car Dealer.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 11:11:57 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
Re: S28R1: Hockenheim 60's
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2019, 01:31:19 PM »
Bacchulum, looks like the Eagle is killing the Brabham, huh?

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2019, 03:14:48 PM »
Horses for courses. ;)

2+2=√16

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2019, 06:25:06 PM »
Horses for courses. ;)

I hope so because I won't get the Brabham into the .50s lets alone the .49s
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2019, 08:23:04 AM »
Gee Guybrush didn't take long to find his legs...

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2019, 06:37:32 PM »
Just got lucky.  Still hoping to get a shifter to make up some time on the gear changes though.
Thought I could use my old G27 one but I can't run that with the Fanatec wheel.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2019, 08:05:37 AM »
Thought I could use my old G27 one but I can't run that with the Fanatec wheel.

Technically if you plugged the entire G27 in with the shifter attached to it, you would be able to use both. Think you can also get adapters for the G27 one too, but I do recommend the Fanatec shifter it feels so much better.

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2019, 11:19:28 AM »
No idea how Guybrush gets the Ferrari to 310km/h and be 1.4s faster than me. Not that I want to say I'm a good reference of course ;-)
It's not a surprise seeing Guybrush and kcender on top, but the Eagles really do seem to be faster here. So after tweaking my Ferrari setup and trying to get in the best time possible I tried the Eagle for a few laps...and failed...was 4 to 6km/h faster on the straights (that's easy), but couldn't beat my time in the Ferrari. I don't think that's because the Ferrari is the faster car at Hockenheim, it's just I'm sort of tuned into the Ferrari too much. So, not wanting to do 100 laps in the Eagle and learn how to drive it, I will stick to the Ferrari...and be slow...easy prey for the fast Eagles on the long straights.
Wonder what time Guybrush would be able to do in the Eagle with a lot less preparation than me...maybe very low 1:48's or high 1:47's...it's frustrating  ;)

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2019, 12:04:30 PM »
No idea how Guybrush gets the Ferrari to 310km/h and be 1.4s faster than me.

The rest of us have been wondering that for years.. especially when he's running a single monitor.

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2019, 12:47:18 PM »
No idea how Guybrush gets the Ferrari to 310km/h and be 1.4s faster than me.

The rest of us have been wondering that for years.. especially when he's running a single monitor.
Yeah, you can buy immersion, but not speed :-)

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2019, 01:02:06 PM »
KCender really should be your reference.  I just had the chance to do a bit of practice.  I haven't properly tried it but I think getting the Lotus up there in time is probably more of an achievement.

And...points are only handed out on Sunday... Or Tuesday as it were.

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2019, 02:46:48 PM »
KCender really should be your reference.  I just had the chance to do a bit of practice.  I haven't properly tried it but I think getting the Lotus up there in time is probably more of an achievement.

Was just using you because you've done 310km/h in the Ferrari and I can just get 307km/h sort of flickering at best...sometimes. I think I'm doing not so bad in the curvy area, but top speed is a problem for me as the Eagles are so much faster...in the areas where overtaking is actually possible....then take slip stream into the equation...yeah, not good at all.
Well, I'll try the Lotus later today and see if I can get that one it a bit faster. With the Ferrari I'm at my wits' end...and skills of course ;-)

So why should I use kcender as a reference again? It seems you've had quite a break from sim racing (may have raced elsewhere, dunno), "...just had the chance to do a bit of practice", then the shifter issue on top...yeah, don't really get it ;-)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 02:56:31 PM by killagorilla »

Offline ab156

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2019, 03:40:13 PM »
Can't look at times at the moment, seems the tracker server has finally given up the ghost - time for a purge?

There is so much required to get the ultimate top speed, in my view it might be a mistake to focus on that.  The corner exit speed, how fast you can get to your "top speed" and ability to also make it around the stadium all contribute to the lap time. And, as stated above, you then need to finish the race(s).

I can get the Eagle a bit faster in a straight line by tweaking a few things but the .x I can make up on the straights goes away in the stadium, plus some.  Also, I see a massive variation in my T1 apex speed in the Eagle, a few laps in the Ferrari and I was pretty consistent which doesn't surprise me a the braking and turn in stability of the Ferrari is a massive advantage over the Eagle.

This and Monza are unique tracks.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2019, 04:50:31 PM »

Was just using you because you've done 310km/h in the Ferrari and I can just get 307km/h sort of flickering at best...sometimes. I think I'm doing not so bad in the curvy area, but top speed is a problem for me as the Eagles are so much faster...in the areas where overtaking is actually possible....then take slip stream into the equation...yeah, not good at all.
Well, I'll try the Lotus later today and see if I can get that one it a bit faster. With the Ferrari I'm at my wits' end...and skills of course ;-)

So why should I use kcender as a reference again? It seems you've had quite a break from sim racing (may have raced elsewhere, dunno), "...just had the chance to do a bit of practice", then the shifter issue on top...yeah, don't really get it ;-)
I can only get 309km/h in the eagle after many attempts . . so with those extra 2km/h I will blow past you! :) :)

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2019, 05:23:55 PM »
Can't look at times at the moment, seems the tracker server has finally given up the ghost - time for a purge?

There is so much required to get the ultimate top speed, in my view it might be a mistake to focus on that.  The corner exit speed, how fast you can get to your "top speed" and ability to also make it around the stadium all contribute to the lap time. And, as stated above, you then need to finish the race(s).

I can get the Eagle a bit faster in a straight line by tweaking a few things but the .x I can make up on the straights goes away in the stadium, plus some.  Also, I see a massive variation in my T1 apex speed in the Eagle, a few laps in the Ferrari and I was pretty consistent which doesn't surprise me a the braking and turn in stability of the Ferrari is a massive advantage over the Eagle.

This and Monza are unique tracks.

I have restarted the whole server and it seems ok for now
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal