Xtreme Gaming Network

S28R1: Hockenheim 60's

Author Topic: S28R1: Hockenheim 60's  (Read 22348 times)

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
Re: S28R1: Hockenheim 60's
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2019, 10:21:53 PM »
Well, I gotta say it was/is an awesome start to this season, great number of cars & very careful, gentlemanly driving from everyone!

The 3rd was the race I almost beat Guybrush! Loved every bit of it while it lasted.   I was up to 4th somehow and thought: "this is not going to last, but I'll hang on whatever".   Great racing, just great! :D

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2019, 10:27:08 PM »
Best night racing I can remember having in a while.

R1 had a coming together on lap one into the stadium with Freezer and someone else; no idea who was at fault there but I couldn't safely re-enter and was back in last place in 22nd but made it back to 9th so was great fun coming through the pack.

R2 started well and had a few really good laps side by side with Freezer before he pulled ahead then maintained the gap until the end. Finished somewhere around 6th I think.

R3 was going great up into 4th. Kcender was coming through the field and bird had dropped back a bit behind him so decided not to really fight the inevitable with kcender and keep a bit of a gap to bird, but the draught must have thrown me off somehow and when I braked it all went a bit pear shaped and into the trees. Rejoined in 10th I think and maybe finished 9th due to Freezer crashing out a few laps later.

All in all awesome night.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2019, 10:28:04 PM »
Yep. Great night of fun guys. Good to be back in the saddle.  Although I'm a bit rusty!  Apologies to anyone I tangled with - including the barriers on the outside of turn 2 multiple times...

Will done to KCender, Bacchulum and ab on the podiums.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2019, 11:14:21 PM »
Results are up in first post.

My racing was intense but uneventful, except for race 3 where I got a couple of wheels on the grass at over 300 kph on the fast section before the bend, and slid for about 3 km before ending up backwards in the fence. I managed to regain a few places from there though.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline ab156

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2019, 12:03:08 AM »
If’s, but’s and maybe’s....

As others have stated, great nights racing. Awesome to have a big field and great choice of first track as it gave space for people feel out the racing vibe of the cars.  Clearly some cars were better than others here but the slipstream was a bit of a leveller.

Quail was ok for me, not great.

Race 1 I just wanted to stay clean ..... over thinking it.  The Eagle seemed to get a better jump on the starts so I was out of lap pace position after the first corner.  Once i saw we had built a bit of a gap to the pack I slipped back to 4th which was were I was happy to run.  All went well until the entry to the stadium where a few in front went off so I thought I should follow.  It is gentlemanly racing after all.  Had a great race coming back through the field, got into some interesting fights as I could pass ppl on the straight only for them to grab the slipstream and have more confidence in the braking zones. Made it to a respectable position after a great battle with bradc only to go off at Sachs just after I cleared him and then looped it on the first corner of the last lap.  Idiot.

Race 2 was much better.  Started near the back of the pack and had a clean race back to where the car should have been.  Good clean racing.

Race 3 was one of those intense races by yourself.  The leaders decided to make it interesting at T2 so I stumbled into position 2 behind Bacc on lap 1 about 3.5 seconds back.  The next 1,100 seconds were spent clawing 1.9 seconds back while watching KCender close the gap behind.  Never really got side by side with anyone but it was great fun.  Well done to Bacc for holding his nerve, not one mistake.

Hopefully a track with corners doesn’t create too much chaos!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 12:07:15 AM by ab156 »

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2019, 08:15:15 AM »
A huge congratulations to Bacchulum and congratulations to Kcender and Guybrush on the wins ;D.

Great night of racing with gentlemanly behaviour from where I was at least, R1 was as good as simracing gets, with very close racing in a pack with Wally ,ab and Doobs, Doobs and I swapped place quite a few times ;D. I felt quite drained by the finish it was very intense.
R2 was not as good as R1 but still lots of fun and I just did not trust my ability to concentrate enough for the third race.
Looking forward to see what the track for next week will be.

NB. PLP is now working Wally.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 09:42:31 AM by rooshooter »
social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline rob

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2019, 08:21:33 AM »
Mixed night for me.

The Cooper was always a bad choice, but I worked out a nice stable setup and thought if I could keep it clean I might pick up a point or 2.

R1: Started last, finished 14th, nice clean race, good fun.

R2: All good until someone decided that the Stadium Section was a good place to try and pass. Bumped wheels several times and ended up with some damage which left my lap times a bit down from my usual pedestrian pace. Filtered back to finished near last.

R3: Taken out twice in the first few laps. The Cooper being comparatively slow meant that there is no catching up and I was going to spend the next 10 laps hot-lapping by myself. Decided to have an early night.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2019, 10:13:45 AM »
Some highs and lows last night.  When the flag dropped in R1 it was the first time in these cars with others on track and it showed.
Lap 1, contact with Joe (apololgies Joe), Lap 2 contact with JamieP (apologies again) and Lap 3 ran myself off onto the grass!!!
However, from there in 22nd I managed to charge back to  finish 11th grabbing 5 spots in the last two laps!
Race 2 saw contact with Gratulin at T2 where I think he turned down slightly from the outside and we touched wheels, nothing in it but
unfortunately he went off.  Battled with Joe and was unable to catch AB in front for what was otherwise a far cleaner race.
Race 3 I found the grass entering the stadium on lap 1 and then tangled with Wally at the next corner.  Felt Wally gave me fair but minimal room on the inside
and I tried to hold it tight but it wasn't to be and we both went around, so apologies for my part in that.
Pretty solid from there on until lap 8, I got a double tow down the big straight and completely missed the braking a fired into the fence.  Front left wheel at right
angles and escaped to the pits . . night done!
Way to many apologies for minor taps that caused grief so will have to work on that for next week!

Offline JamieP

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2019, 01:24:54 PM »
Had a shocking run, new cars, new wheel and pedals and lots of image tearing and stuttering on VR. Sorry to those I tangled with, I tried to keep out of the way as best as I could but the Honda seemed to drift all over the track. Will have to have a play with the wheel settings and find something that has a better feel. May even go back to the G27 if I can't get the feel I am after.

See you all next week

Offline doobs

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2019, 05:30:16 PM »
Race 1 was awesome, and then I made a stupid mistake on the last lap and lost a handful of spots.

Race 2 was good.

Race 3 kinda sucked.

Overall it was a lot of fun driving these cars.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2019, 06:33:08 PM »
Weirdest thing, when I went to sleep last night, I had a dream I was racing Kcender and Guybrush. ??? :o
A good dream, but must've been a dream. ;)

2+2=√16

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2019, 09:10:07 PM »
Disaster round, one of those where trouble seemed to follow me  :(

There was too many incidents to mention, mostly my own mistakes but the rear shunt by Russ race one  was memorable. I wanted to be upset by it but since I missed my braking marker by at least 10m with the added speed of a massive tow there was no way I was ever going to make the corner into the stadium sector,  Russ just provided some company for a picnic on the grass.  ;D

Race three probably got a bit late at night for me, ran out of concentration and after bumping AbleArcher I though it best to watch from the sidelines.

Race 3
DaveO and Mael had a wheel to wheel contact that ended in tears; racing incident.

Hey Wally I did an unsafe track re-entry with this one, was hoping Davo would see me and give a bit of space but he was under no obligation to do so.

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2019, 10:48:51 PM »
Great cars on a great track. I really enjoyed these cars  8)

Race 1 was epic going from 14th to 8th on the opening lap, dodging and weaving around other people's accidents and then onto having some great battles with Gratutlin and Ab in their Eagles. Whilst they had the outright speed, if I could stay in the tow I had enough under brakes to make a clean pass and then hold them off until the next straight. Great respectful racing with just enough racing room given by all  8) 

Race 2
Bradc ran into the back of AGK and spun him – 30 kg penalty ballast for next race.

Race 2. Well. Yep. I sure did!
On the opening lap as I raced towards the stadium I was in a line of 4 cars which became 2x2 side by side about 600m before the braking zone. I had a good tow behind AGK and started to brake a little earlier to avoid any potential contact and then in the braking zone AGK appeared to lock up in front of me. In my panic of fearing the 'big wreck' I stepped on the brakes too hard, locking myself up and then skidded into the back of AGK seeding him off on a John Deere exploration tour. At the time I apologised and I did wait and readdress seeing I was clearly in the wrong. Knowing it was lap 1, the evil part of me did think about not readdressing knowing I was going to be punished and push for a better race result, but that's not how I race.....

Race 3 I had another epic start going from 11th to 6th and I'll be honest and say I shat myself racing with the 'faster' guys and eventually fell off in the stadium section 4 laps later. When Joe had his 'off' I thought I was a chance of a better position, however I just couldn't quite get his tow and so the last couple of laps were spent trying everything to get closer but ultimately resulted in nothing.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2019, 08:50:00 AM »
For 'readdress' read 'redress'.  :P :-* :-*
One of my pet peeves too.

@Mael, I dont remember the incident off the top of my head. There were a few like that!
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Ablearcher83

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2019, 01:21:22 PM »
Started the session with a fail. Forgot to select the car in cardealer before six pm, so got to enjoy the Mclaren which I had spent zero time in so no setup. It is a slippery pig and would not travel in a straight line ever.
So I resigned myself to the rear of the field. Found myself in the middle of the field acouple of times after others misadventures, but would be passed again as the mclearn would top out well under 300km.
Mael must have passed me 10 times in the three races untill......
Race three probably got a bit late at night for me, ran out of concentration and after bumping AbleArcher I though it best to watch from the sidelines.
We were close so just as likley that the Mclearn was wandering about.
Last race found myself after touching Mael well back from the field, so slowed down to let Doobs catch so we would have some one to race, but slowed too much on the straight and Doobs blasted by not to be seen again.
looking forward to Sukuza last time I raced here was Grand turismo 1
Intoxicated by the exubrance of my own verlocity

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal