Xtreme Gaming Network

Thursday S5R6 Luccaring Pre Race Chat

Author Topic: Thursday S5R6 Luccaring Pre Race Chat  (Read 20510 times)

Offline Joe

• View Profile
Re: Thursday S5R6 Luccaring Pre Race Chat
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2015, 09:38:36 AM »
Awesome last night, probably the best fun I've had. I was quickish, but couldn't match the usual suspects, I got a PB of 2:36.1 on one of the race laps. Got close to Bacchulum a few times but no way I was getting past. Most fun was Wally getting past me, spinning out a few laps later, then catching me and over taking again, think this happened 3 times?  ;D

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2015, 11:09:39 AM »
This was something awesome! :)

Great fun, again, these cars are really nice & fun.

Thanks, Bruce, for the great season it was fantastic, again!
Thanks Bird and I concur, really enjoyed the season, a good mix of tracks and the finale provided for some great close racing.

Well done to your podium too Bird! Nice.
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2015, 11:11:53 AM »
Awesome last night, probably the best fun I've had. I was quickish, but couldn't match the usual suspects, I got a PB of 2:36.1 on one of the race laps. Got close to Bacchulum a few times but no way I was getting past. Most fun was Wally getting past me, spinning out a few laps later, then catching me and over taking again, think this happened 3 times?  ;D

That is really good to hear Joe, it was an exciting night and looking forward to viewing replay.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2015, 11:29:32 AM »
This was something awesome! :)

Great fun, again, these cars are really nice & fun.

Thanks, Bruce, for the great season it was fantastic, again!
Thanks Bird and I concur, really enjoyed the season, a good mix of tracks and the finale provided for some great close racing.

Well done to your podium too Bird! Nice.
Funny thing, that podium actually surprised me quite a bit, I did not think I was doing too well.  Again, by virtue of participation, mostly, I guess.
But hey, a win is a win, right? :D

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2015, 11:37:33 AM »
That was huge fun last night.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2015, 01:42:27 PM »
Awesome fun, especially not being passed by Wally 3 times. :P ;D
I thought you'd fly by and race off into the distance, I was concentrating on keeping Joe at bay. ;) 8)

2+2=√16

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2015, 02:25:19 PM »
Not sure what happened to you Gratulin? I hope the exclusion of you in the results was correct, I am sorry to say, that I miss the micro level of the race on Thursday, concentrating on making it happen. ;(

Thinking of this I would like to apologise if I have missed any individuals' difficulties on any of the nights, I am concentrating on making it happen and get to drive myself and if anything is missed, it is due to... missing things unintentionally.

I hope you all had half as much fun as I did, if so I will put it  to "okay".

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2015, 02:33:05 PM »
Not sure what happened to you Gratulin? I hope the exclusion of you in the results was correct, I am sorry to say, that I miss the micro level of the race on Thursday, concentrating on making it happen. ;(

Thinking of this I would like to apologise if I have missed any individuals' difficulties on any of the nights, I am concentrating on making it happen and get to drive myself and if anything is missed, it is due to... missing things unintentionally.

I hope you all had half as much fun as I did, if so I will put it  to "okay".

Gratulin tagged me in race then one, then left the server. Not sure if he came back for race 2.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2015, 03:54:26 PM »
Really enjoyed the racing at this track, shame the first race GB got disconnected early as I was looking forward to a bit of a battle there.

Race 2 starting from the back I had not much luck, twice I got spun from behind and ended up facing the wrong way needing to wait for all to pass before I could get going. I then managed to run into the back of someone that was going very slow mid track after I turned a blind corner, my car was pretty stuffed and slow so I figured it wont hurt any more to stop and get repairs then stay out and lap 10 a long way off the pace catching nobody.

Credit to the Alf mechanics they fixed the car quicker then the others could put a new set of tyres on, I was miles off the lead but hoped after seeing GB and Bird have a coming together earlier they may have also been a bit damaged and I may catch them. I tried to push, had some fun ftrying to find a way past the guys I caught with a nice little battle with Grubbet. Losing time getting past others didnt help my chase and in the end I gained a few spots ahead of where I pitted but was way too far behind to catch the lead pack. I would have needed a 50 lap race to have any hope lol but even then it would have been unlikely to catch the guys up front if they didnt get damaged.

Id like to include luccaring into some main league nites as its quite a fun track, passing is still doable against cars your a little quicker then but guys at a similar pace is just as hard to pass as anywhere else. The walls around the track add to spice up the racing as guys even with a large lead could make a costly error so any lead isnt a guaranteed win there.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2015, 04:02:15 PM »
Guys, yep I exited early after putting it into the moat twice in two laps. I was on a "triple-critical-low" last night and have been for a little while now. Finding it difficult to concentrate for more than a couple of laps. Hence the tag on Joe when I knew he was there but just mistakenly let the car drift across his path. I had good pace in qual (for me anyway) thanks to a good setup from Marty. This was with still a lot or mistakes in the lap.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2015, 04:04:54 PM »
I don't know why you pitted Marty, I had major damage but it didn't affect my pace in this car. ???

2+2=√16

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2015, 04:19:23 PM »
Guys, yep I exited early after putting it into the moat twice in two laps. I was on a "triple-critical-low" last night and have been for a little while now. Finding it difficult to concentrate for more than a couple of laps. Hence the tag on Joe when I knew he was there but just mistakenly let the car drift across his path. I had good pace in qual (for me anyway) thanks to a good setup from Marty. This was with still a lot or mistakes in the lap.

Sorry to hear Gratulin... looking forward to your recovery.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2015, 07:19:09 PM »
I don't know why you pitted Marty, I had major damage but it didn't affect my pace in this car. ???

After 3 big wacks and slightly bent suspension I could see I was losing 1 sec nearly down each straight and was barley gaining on the guys near the back. I didnt really feel like running 8 more laps like that and hoped some fresher tyres and a straight car may be an advantage at the end of the race. In the end I finished higher up then before I pitted but I was already dead last so it really didnt make any difference, the gap to the leaders before I pitted was still more then I could realistically catch with a good car and with a fixed one I had more chance but still unlikely and I could at least have a crack at a PB. I didnt really calculate the traffic into my idea of catching back up but the lead pack was pretty much out of reach the second time I was hit and went back to last.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2015, 07:24:18 PM »
Aahh, suspension damage. ;)
Panel damage doesn't really effect the aero of a shoebox though (more rounded corners would make it better).

2+2=√16

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2015, 02:06:45 PM »
Saw an Alfa GTA on the road today. At least I think it was, looked like it, but I'm not fully clued up on my old alfas.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal