Xtreme Gaming Network

June 4th Alfa GTA Fun Run: "Win a Track Raffle Run"

Author Topic: June 4th Alfa GTA Fun Run: "Win a Track Raffle Run"  (Read 16679 times)

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
Re: June 4th Alfa GTA Fun Run: "Win a Track Raffle Run"
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2015, 03:03:30 PM »
okay, out of the 2 possible choices, Grobnik was the random of 2 selected...

but as this is a fun night, we will run both!
Race 1 Grobnik
Race 2 Barbagallo

12 laps of each!

See on on the track, hope to have some sort of timed handicap for Race 2 from the Race 1 results.... (or I might just make it up on the spot!)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 07:34:15 PM by Flattop »
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline gawaterman

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2015, 04:29:40 PM »
Sorry, cant make this, wife has just informed me she has invited son and partner for tea tomorrow night.
But your wife and your son need some quality bonding time catching up together... while you sneak off to your gaming room.

Yeh, that might happen, but maybe after the first race. ;D

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2015, 11:13:03 PM »
Was good fun both were very good combos and I jad some great racing in both. Had to Chase down Krahl and fight off Wally at Grobnik then had fun from the back of the pack at Barbagallo.

I wasnt sure if Id catch Wally and Stan as they got quicker the closer I got. Eventually I got there but sadly Wally had an off so he was put of the battle. The last half of the race Stan and I were switching positions most laps and it came to a dive bomb on the last turn from me.

Stan left a little room and got the run on me and I ended up about .05 short.

I was looking for some real onboard videos from Grobnik as I really enjoyed the layout. I found this gem  of a nutter going very hard in an Enzo. Well worth a watch, the AC track to me looks a little wide still but the flow of the track is really fun.

[youtube]9L-QqcHiWqw[/youtube]

[Wally: fixed YouTube link]
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 08:03:11 AM by Wally »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2015, 07:54:32 AM »
Grobnik had a really nice flow to it in the Alfa. I could put in some very quick laps, but not consistently. The car was a little unstable under brakes, pulling hard to one side or the other. I finally passed Krahl tucking in tighter inside the last tight left hander, where I'd seen that he often took a wider entry than me. Last lap, Marty deliberately put me off by saying something on TS, and I oversteered on that same last corner where I'd passed Krahl, driving off into the countryside, giving second spot back to Krahl. It was a good three way chase for a big part of the race.

Barbagallo started the same... I could put in some fast laps but not consistently. The rear felt very loose here, very oversteery. I was managing to hold on to the lead from Stan for quite a few laps, but then I just lost the rear in a big sweeping arc in that fast right hander going up the hill 1/3 way around and dropped a bunch of spots. I lost the rear again a few more times after that as well. Maybe I just didn't adapt to the tighter corners at Barbagallo quickly enough after Grobnik. Maybe I was just tired. But the two races were like chalk and cheese with the same setup.

Great video! It looks like a great track for a supercar. Nice counter-steering and drifting.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 08:02:45 AM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2015, 08:11:26 AM »
Sorry gents, I was completely knackered by the evening.  I blame too much work, but it could be the lack of good sleeps in the past days combined with the lingering flu.  Anyway.  Hope you had fun w/o me. (altho it's hard to imagine!) ;)

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2015, 08:16:34 AM »
Good fun last night!  ;D
As mentioned, Grobnik had a real flow to the corners and it got better as the night went on and you learned which lines you could take through the corners. I was having an excellent battle towards the end with Mr Rock Solid Connection Gratulin (glad to see you back to normal again!!), until a stone flew up and put a hole in his petrol tank.
Race 2 at Barbagallo (I loves Barbagallo!!) was an excellent race in these cars too. Following Wally, then dicing with Marty at the end, good stuff!!  :D

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2015, 11:09:13 AM »
After a few hickups with the race server (the drive was full!!!!!  Google drive had taken over 50%+ hence all the 'strangeness')

Race 1 at Grobnik saw me getting a good spot on the grid but soon stufffed that up with me over compensating following someone close and then bad to worse... finally Grubbet and I had a battle for the remaining places over the latter half of the race, swapping positions, turned out okay.

Barbagaloo: Pulled PBs for qual in my Alfa Leadslead with dragging it's backside in the weeds!  Learnt in qual to keep off the pit entrance strip, it just belly slide into the walls!

Managed consitent times and avoided a few spinning cars and battled on with only Krahl getting past me... nice combo.

The results for Barbagallo are available if you wish to peruse them. 
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 11:12:05 AM by Flattop »
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2015, 05:43:33 PM »
My night was fairly uneventful.

Race 1:  Went to pub
Race 2:  Ate a steak and red wine.  Except I didn't eat the wine.  I dranked it.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal