Xtreme Gaming Network

S6R3: Imola Race Chat

Author Topic: S6R3: Imola Race Chat  (Read 16096 times)

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: S6R3: Imola Race Chat
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2015, 08:59:08 PM »
plus one beer to many maybe?  :P
No such thing. >:( :P

2+2=√16

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2015, 08:16:08 AM »
Ran a few laps last nite with Wobbly and Guybrush, doesnt look like the alfa is the car to be here vs the ferrari's. Real shame that  :' (but f40 and 458 were very close.

Its the first track I have been able to pass an Alfa from behind without them needing to make a mistake.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2015, 08:46:11 AM »
Laptimes please? Especially Guy's ?
I've been able to get around 1s per lap-minute to the wr, again, but BenCornett is still a friggen alien, and I couldn't squeeze any more out of it.  That is 1:56.260

Oh, and Guy, I'd like to know what tyre pressures you're running.  I've tried them everywhere low, mid, high, and I've no  decisive answer.  Altho the current 22/25 seems fairly good.

Edit: ah ok, Guy is 2nd on RSR with .1 behind the wr at 1:54.037.   Farkenell, good one!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 08:48:42 AM by Bird »

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2015, 09:41:55 AM »
Just checked RSR and noticed Ben is at 1:53.673 in the 458 so not much between these cars, Ive only ran it online so in SP I think I should be able to get a bit closer with the extra grip. SP track temp can be 37c with ambient of 26c also you can do the hotlap with new tyres rather then lap 2 where they have already gone off a little so hotlap mode is generally a little quicker then online sessions. RSR always logs temps for online to whatever you have set in sp yet all servers have fixed 26/32 track conditions.

Either way GB is normally a bit quicker then me but I managed to hold him off a couple times in the few practice races we did.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2015, 10:01:54 AM »
I'll put my set up in my Dropbox next time I'm on Bird.

The thing about the F40 is its all about playing the percentages.  It's probably the most unstable car in AC so you can't really hotlap it over the course of a race, especially at a track like Imola where there are so many braking zones where you are turning at the same time.

The F40 is a hell of a lot of fun though!

Offline Wobblyone

• Adrenalin is brown...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2015, 11:50:58 AM »
Yea I think Ferrari track for sure with that monster straight,  and the faster turns here it's a match for the Alfa, I'm struggling to get the car to work here, but done 55s so far and I'd say if I can get a setup 54 quali time, altho that will still be in Ferrari territory...and in the practice races so far...even with 4wd you don't hold position for long on the run to the first chicane....and it's going to be interesting passing a Ferrari here lol....depressing watching guy And Marty come past and change up, and Then bugger off when you are in top lol.

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2015, 11:54:19 AM »
Setup is in the dropbox now Bird, although there was one there from ages ago which may have been updating automatically with each change.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2015, 12:05:01 PM »
Thanks Guybrush, I'll have a looksie.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2015, 12:53:56 PM »

Yea I think Ferrari track for sure with that monster straight,  and the faster turns here it's a match for the Alfa, I'm struggling to get the car to work here, but done 55s so far and I'd say if I can get a setup 54 quali time, altho that will still be in Ferrari territory...and in the practice races so far...even with 4wd you don't hold position for long on the run to the first chicane....and it's going to be interesting passing a Ferrari here lol....depressing watching guy And Marty come past and change up, and Then bugger off when you are in top lol.
Wobbly, would you mind posting your setup.? I copied a bit of what you were doing at Silverstone and that worked well for me. thanks.

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2015, 04:25:58 PM »
In all honesty, I'm pretty happy with it...  ;D

Potentially I can get a .5 sec better time on this track with it, but I always loose the plot and muff some corner.

I think I've just over driven today and lost focus... plus one beer to many maybe?  :P

WR is 3.8 secs faster... I have no idea how they can do that.

There are more skilled drivers here racing the Merc this season and I'd just love to hear their thoughts and what they would set differently.

Not a bad setup its very pointy with the rear guiding it in a lot, could be because of less downforce or less rear camber, I notice the merc is better with 26 27 pressures too.

Heres my set its fairly simple, just comfortable to drive.
do you even motorsports?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2015, 05:54:42 PM »
Reversing the Race 3 Grid

What I'll do in race 3 (for a bit of an experiment) is reverse the top half of the grid, and the bottom half of the grid, based on race 2 qualifying positions. There will be no qualifying for race 3, but a brief 10 minute practise session before the race.

I.e. based on race 2 qualifying order, the race 3 grid order will be 12 to 1, followed by 24 to 13.

Anyone who doesn't post a qualifying time for race 2 will be at the back of the race 3 grid.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2015, 06:01:28 PM »
Sounds good, I like it.

Offline Wobblyone

• Adrenalin is brown...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2015, 12:21:53 AM »

Wobbly, would you mind posting your setup.? I copied a bit of what you were doing at Silverstone and that worked well for me. thanks.

How do I share my setup sry newbie

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2015, 08:25:54 AM »
@ Wobbly, attachments section is under the reply box  :D
@ Wally, sounds excellent  :D
@ Rolz, like Mathew said, good setup but a bit too loose at the rear for my liking (I like em extra tight!!  :P)
@ The World, I love you man, keep turnin...  :'(

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal