Xtreme Gaming Network

S28R3: Spa 1966

Author Topic: S28R3: Spa 1966  (Read 22488 times)

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: S28R3: Spa 1966
« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2019, 11:06:49 AM »
Race 1:
WOOHOO!

Race 2:
AARRGGGHHH!!!

2+2=√16

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2019, 11:18:55 AM »
Qualified 4th with my 30kg ballast so was happy with that.

Race 1 on lap 2 I came off; I put a rear tyre on the grass on that big sweeping right before the back straight starts (I suck with names). Got really loose and I knew Freezer was close behind and didn't want to take him out so pulled onto the grass on the other side of the track to try and let him get by not know that lead into a ditch and a wall which I t-boned the wrecked the car. Back to the pits and a 40 second penalty and came out just in front on kcender a lap down. Let him by, then a little later let GB by. Bacculum was the a little way back and wasn't really gaining much but I'd hate to have spun a lap down and ruin his race so I pulled over on one of the straight to let him by. After that I kept in that spot not far behind Bacculum until the end of the race. Think without my wreck that's likely where I would have finished.

Race 2 was much better. Picked up a little damage with the pileup at the start but then slipped through in 5th I think. Was chasing AGK and killa for a while until AGK made a pass on killa. A couple of laps later I passed killa at the same spot. Then the chase was on with AGK; he was 2.8 seconds ahead and was chipping away at it lap by lap. Bacculum then fell off getting promoted into 3rd, then kcender did the same thing and was up into 2nd. By the final lap was right on AGKs tail and we went around la source nearly side by side. I got really sloppy on exit and I think had I not it would have been possible to have got him on the line. Great chase though AGK and great consistency.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2019, 12:01:12 PM »

My question as to the penalty to me is did my squeezing left cause it or did Bird miss the brake mark and was going to hit me anyway ( I only ask this based on Bird's suggestion post race that this may have been the case).  From the cockpit at the time I felt I was well past him and attempted to carefully take the turn and was hit from behind.

Bird was braking quite early before the corner, and the point of the "keep to your side of the track" rule is to avoid these kinds of incidents while the opening two corners are congested. So I think the penalty is justified because you did move across to the left of the track mid-corner.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline kcender87

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2019, 12:38:22 PM »
good fun at spa - super tense to get a clean and fast lap in here as you are punished for not carrying max speed through the corners as they are all followed by mega straights

First run was good - my starts still have Webber written all over them but can usually be cured with a good draft

Second race had a great run with Bach 2 wide through Burnenville and also into the Masta Kink which was ... terrifying :P relly good racing though :) Later on I had a lapse in concentration and woke up in the middle of Burnenville and took a trip to the house followed by a visit to the ditch.

If anyone wants a looksee - I have attached the setup for the Lotus I used here - same for qual as for race as the fuel load changes all the heights and therefore alignment but they stay within the range where they work so was good for the whole race :) ** edit - should be a reasonable starting point if not well suited for imola as well depending on gearing on the 'straight'
« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 12:43:46 PM by kcender87 »

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2019, 12:46:11 PM »
I lifted into turn 1 and admittedly went slightly left but was hit from behind by a late braking Bird.
My question as to the penalty to me is did my squeezing left cause it or did Bird miss the brake mark and was going to hit me anyway ( I only ask this based on Bird's suggestion post race that this may have been the case).  From the cockpit at the time I felt I was well past him and attempted to carefully take the turn and was hit from behind.

It is a fair question; I've blamed myself for the accident first, I thought I did not give you room.  I've tried to brake hard as I saw you coming across the track, and tried to squeeze to the left even more, but that was all I could do.  You were indeed slightly ahead, but as the accident shows; not much.
It seems you automatically assumed the corner was yours, while I assumed I had the inside line clear, and the two were incompatible.  Unlucky.

The reason the blame landed with you is solely the rule that you need to keep your line in the first couple of corners.    Which is interesting when we start 3-wide, btw. :)

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2019, 01:16:45 PM »
It is a fair question; I've blamed myself for the accident first, I thought I did not give you room.  I've tried to brake hard as I saw you coming across the track, and tried to squeeze to the left even more, but that was all I could do.  You were indeed slightly ahead, but as the accident shows; not much.
It seems you automatically assumed the corner was yours, while I assumed I had the inside line clear, and the two were incompatible.  Unlucky.
The reason the blame landed with you is solely the rule that you need to keep your line in the first couple of corners.    Which is interesting when we start 3-wide, btw. :)
Thanks Bird, yes I did assume that somewhat as you were initially a cars length behind, the next . . contact!
I am cool with the rule, just thought there may have been more to it . . . on to Imola!

Offline ab156

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2019, 02:23:36 PM »
Shocking night.  Hard to believe that the only requirement was to do each corner 8 times.  Too much for me...

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2019, 02:25:49 PM »
Congratulations to al the podium people here, just to finish is an achievement in itself :)
Thanks for the replay Wally, there was some jaw dropping high speed ,side by side racing to watch , brilliant  :o :o 8) 8).
social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 22, 2019, 05:46:53 PM »
Congrats to everyone who finished.  What a great track.  They certainly don't make them like that any more... with good reason judging by all the crashes.

Unfortunately I was getting stuttering which got progressively worse.  I didn't have this issue offline so I can only imagine my comp couldn't handle all the extra cars.  In the end my screen skipped from me entering a corner to the barrier which put me out of the first race, but I enjoyed watching Bird and co. battle it out in close proximity.

Second race I was considering not starting as I didn't want my computer to skip me into the back of someone, but instead I got tangled up in the first corner chaos.  I managed to get going again with broken stuff and was coming up on someone - Freezer maybe - who spun in front of me and I collected on my way through.  I don't think it was going to end well regardless anyway.

So still had some fun, and truth be told I was glad to finish up at a reasonable hour.

Looking forward to the next track.

BIG CONGRATULATIONS to AGK on his (I assume) first race win.  Great to see!

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 23, 2019, 08:58:47 AM »
Not very good,i cant finish a race and maybe the cause of it is that i am not drinking vino anymore during races but hey!!......here a positive outcome!!!   I was much faster than wally and thats itself is an achievement.
 First race.......cant remember  what happened?

Second race i was nice in 10th when guybrush text message appeared on top of the monitor(guybrush left the race).....look at it for a fraction and after that i found myself chewing grass with the cows. i am happy i still doing those classic mistakes cause it means one thing only.......i am still a farking idiot!!!

lololol   see you at imola.......wally........you better get your act together mate!!!!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 23, 2019, 09:21:49 AM »

lololol   see you at imola.......wally........you better get your act together mate!!!!
You've set your bar too low Simone!
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal