3 (18.8%)
Drive each car once
2 (12.5%)
Drive any car each round
1 (6.3%)
Choose one car and stick with it
7 (43.8%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: Season 34 poll - ATCC  (Read 19106 times)

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
Re: Season 34 poll - ATCC
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2020, 08:14:40 PM »
I haven't driven any of the mod cars yet and probably won't until we decide which mod we will be using, but I did vote for one car for the season. I suck at most cars and changing every week will mean I suck more than usual.

How about at half Season we all have one chance to change cars for the second half of the Season.

you don`t suck rob at all!!!

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2020, 01:10:44 PM »
This mod is great!!!   

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2020, 01:21:21 PM »
This mod is great!!!
I think it's a good balance between not too easy and not too hard.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2020, 05:58:45 PM »
Transfer Quota Exceeded

looks like I missed out :(

2+2=√16

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2020, 07:08:52 PM »
Transfer Quota Exceeded

looks like I missed out :(
Try again Bacchulum, I just started a download.
social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2020, 07:33:36 PM »
Yeah, rippin' down now @ 4.3MB/s

2+2=√16

Offline Jarmel

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2020, 10:11:01 PM »
Back on topic :)

I voted for group A and choose one car and stick to it, mainly because the only car i liked driving was the Jag.

My original thought was to drive each car once , however if the default setup is indicative of how some of these cars handle (mainly understeer while braking) ,then I can't suffer them,  In my mind (righlty or wrongly) this is not realistic , during my younger days I use to hoon around the twisty roads through the back of the Otways in kingswoods and falcons and they handled way better under braking than some of these mod cars do.  I do miss the smell of overheated brakes and rubber in the cool forest air. :)

Maybe the default setup is horrid and tweaks can fix the braking issues if so i'd be more inclined to drive each car once.

Just incase others have the same trouble as i did with way too much understeer while braking , After about 2 hours trying all the cars tonight it finally twigged that while braking its almost like less is more ,eg: 50 -70ish Percent brake pressure  seems to stop the cars quicker and allow for better trail braking and the understeer isn't anywhere near as bad compared to if you jump on the brakes hard.

I don't have a favourite car now , so would liek to change vote to any car any race.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2020, 12:33:13 AM »
Back on topic :)

I voted for group A and choose one car and stick to it, mainly because the only car i liked driving was the Jag.

My original thought was to drive each car once , however if the default setup is indicative of how some of these cars handle (mainly understeer while braking) ,then I can't suffer them,  In my mind (righlty or wrongly) this is not realistic , during my younger days I use to hoon around the twisty roads through the back of the Otways in kingswoods and falcons and they handled way better under braking than some of these mod cars do.  I do miss the smell of overheated brakes and rubber in the cool forest air. :)

Maybe the default setup is horrid and tweaks can fix the braking issues if so i'd be more inclined to drive each car once.

Just incase others have the same trouble as i did with way too much understeer while braking , After about 2 hours trying all the cars tonight it finally twigged that while braking its almost like less is more ,eg: 50 -70ish Percent brake pressure  seems to stop the cars quicker and allow for better trail braking and the understeer isn't anywhere near as bad compared to if you jump on the brakes hard.

I don't have a favourite car now , so would liek to change vote to any car any race.
I'm not really having the understeer issue.  Brake straight and they do turn more as you add power.
Found the volvo to be pretty quick (second quickest atm, and could go quicker).  The VL I like for the memories (owned one back in the day) but I wasn't quite as quick.  The Supra was also pretty fast.
I think if we stick in the same cars and mix up the tracks should be some good racing.

Offline Jarmel

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2020, 12:11:14 PM »
I was just trying to brake too hard ACC style , maybe using bathurst to test the cars didn't help either. Think it was a case of jumping from ACC to Ac and not adjusting well at all .
Around Mugello they felt ok once  i got used to how hard to push the brakes.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2020, 02:26:27 PM »
I've got the brake pressure down to 83%

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2020, 03:08:26 PM »
I've got the brake pressure down to 83%
But 83 isn't divisible by anything!
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2020, 07:23:13 PM »
Some interesting cars there, I’m not sure what my favorite is but the sound that BMW makes is simply gorgeous! I liked the Jag but I can’t seem to get in a seating position right as I found all the scaffolding and A-pillars make it hard to see out of. The Volvo seemed super quick and felt rather nimble bit I’m lacking the beard and glasses to race that one...I then tried the Batmobile and thought it was horrible. For mine, the sound is all wrong (& far too overbearing), it also seemed far too nimble for something the size of a block of flats.....still more cars to try but I’m kind of sad we’re not running the big bangers

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2020, 08:14:17 PM »
Some interesting cars there, I’m not sure what my favorite is but the sound that BMW makes is simply gorgeous! I liked the Jag but I can’t seem to get in a seating position right as I found all the scaffolding and A-pillars make it hard to see out of. The Volvo seemed super quick and felt rather nimble bit I’m lacking the beard and glasses to race that one...I then tried the Batmobile and thought it was horrible. For mine, the sound is all wrong (& far too overbearing), it also seemed far too nimble for something the size of a block of flats.....still more cars to try but I’m kind of sad we’re not running the big bangers

lolololol

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2020, 08:58:43 PM »
I'm getting checksum with some cars, could the car pack have been updated since I only downloaded it yesterday.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2020, 10:22:50 PM »
I'm getting checksum with some cars, could the car pack have been updated since I only downloaded it yesterday.
It's possible. I will check soon.

Yep, 1.4 is out.

*NEW CAR – Ford Mustang GrpA – Mustang has been setup very close to the real car with the current owner providing specs, images and testing physics. The game car has very close performance and characteristics to the real car. 

*NEW CAR – Rover SD1 GrpA
« Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 10:25:19 PM by Wally »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal