Xtreme Gaming Network

S241R2 - Kyalami Race Chat

Author Topic: S241R2 - Kyalami Race Chat  (Read 15860 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S241R2 - Kyalami Race Chat
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2018, 10:28:29 PM »
Results are up in the 1st post.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2018, 10:34:39 PM »
Sorry Wally. Watched the replay and figured it's my fault.
No worries, it was almost borderline as you were up the inside, but with locked up brakes. I could almost have left you some more room. Almost :)

Sorry for my first couple of turn 1's in the first race. I was coming up the inside on the first two laps and overestimated my grip, sliding towards the outside of the corner and baulking whoever was behind me. I learned...

Race 1 was OK, being chased by Rob and Killagorilla only after they had some kind of incident that let me past, but race 2 was appalling. Killa and I had a collision on the final corner which spun me and dropped me back a few places, but the car also felt really different to what it felt like in race 1. It was really loose in the rear and I had too many spins and near spins. I was off the pace as well, so I was way, way back, effectively the last of the people who hadn't pitted. Very boring, lonely hotlapping kind of race with barely a car in sight. Disappointing. It felt like one of my worst races for ages.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2018, 10:46:36 PM »
Good night for me being up the front for once!  I didn't quite get it together in qualifying with traffic etc so started 4th.
I usually do okay on cold tyres and managed to by Joe and Phil in the early laps of race one.  From there it was just a case
of trying to be super consistent which I was able to do to the end for my first win in quite a while.
Race to after the grid swap again saw me in fourth.  This time however I spent the first half of the race battling with Joe and in
doing so saw Kcender and Phil getting away up front.  After a few position swaps with Joe I eventually pulled a very small gap.
Unfortunately not long after I had a small spin and oddly hit the rear camera button I this was happening which saw me looking out
the back and lost all control.  Got going again in 7th behind Mael and chased him all the way home.
All up pretty good to have some speed and crack my 300th race here at XGN.

p.s. I will be away next week . . . good luck!

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2018, 10:51:53 PM »
Same disappointment for me...crashed into the barrier early in the first race, bent steering. I think I got a little excited because I could actually see pos 1 not too far in front for a change. Both lonely races.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2018, 11:21:25 PM »
Two very exiting races for me  :)

Race one had an exiting first lap, from there I could see, match their pace, but not gain on Russ and Bacchulum. The consistency of the front runners were impressive.

Race two was a bit more odd. Got the dreaded black screen for around 2 seconds just as the lights went out, luckily did not hit anyone but as the lights went back on I found myself stone dead last and parked against the wall with significant damage. Quite happy to have finished 6th mostly through other peoples misfortunes, The Doobs chase was especially entertaining, his offroad excursion ended what was building to a good battle.

For all the new guys, hang in there! these are some of the trickier cars we have used.

Offline keithsgillan

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2018, 11:25:26 PM »
Good haul of points for me tonight all things considered.

Some close racing with ab156, RussG, & Bacchulum.

Race 1 was spent getting a feel for the track again. I felt I drove really consistent and to finish 8th was surprising for the effort it took. Although 8th was very fortuitous for race 2.

Race 2 I had RussG pressuring from behind while I was trying to pressure Bacchulum. RussG and I were trading paint and Bacchulum started to gap us, then RussG succumbed to the fence whilst attempting a pass. I spent the rest of the race tracking down Bacchulum. I genuinely thought I was in with a chance for a podium when I overcooked the pass and gave Bacchulum a little love tap (so small it didn't even register on the PLP/post race results). From there, drove it home for 4th.

A good nights racing. I'm really enjoying these cars and they're producing some great racing.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2018, 08:05:33 AM »
Another good night for me. I didn't expect to still be on top after this round.

Race 1 some early battling with Freezer and Phil managing to get past Phil into T1. After that chasing Freezer till the end hoping he'd make a mistake but he didn't. The gap didn't change much apart from the last few laps where I did back off slightly as my engine and gearbox were the bright yellow colour they go before they go red.

Race 2 I had to back off before T1 at the start due to a heavy kcender and having Phil/Freezer along side me. Had some good battling with Freezer for a few laps before settling in behind him in 4th. Around half way through the race he ended up going wide and on to the grass. Our battling meant Phil and kcender had got a bit of a gap in front but not long after that Phil did his engine gifting me 2nd. kcender was around 5secs ahead at this point and maintained that gap  until the end.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2018, 08:06:24 AM »
Krahl Racing and Maki Engineering are also tied on 73 points apiece, in what's shaping up to be a good team battle.

It would make it a little easier for Krahl Racing if Phil would stop blowing up parts of his car...

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2018, 10:10:41 AM »
Sorry Wally. Watched the replay and figured it's my fault.
No worries, it was almost borderline as you were up the inside, but with locked up brakes. I could almost have left you some more room. Almost :)

Sorry for my first couple of turn 1's in the first race. I was coming up the inside on the first two laps and overestimated my grip, sliding towards the outside of the corner and baulking whoever was behind me. I learned...

Race 1 was OK, being chased by Rob and Killagorilla only after they had some kind of incident that let me past, but race 2 was appalling. Killa and I had a collision on the final corner which spun me and dropped me back a few places, but the car also felt really different to what it felt like in race 1. It was really loose in the rear and I had too many spins and near spins. I was off the pace as well, so I was way, way back, effectively the last of the people who hadn't pitted. Very boring, lonely hotlapping kind of race with barely a car in sight. Disappointing. It felt like one of my worst races for ages.

Actually (not that I want to start an argument), putting a bit of thought into this I think I jumped the gun a baking the blame. I wasn't dive bombing, but you had a bad exit out the S before and that was an invite I had to take. Then it was us being side by side and because I was off the ideal line I just need a bit more space than you were willing to give me :-) So I believe it was just an unfortunate contact ending up in us going off...bad luck.

Offline doobs

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2018, 10:18:26 AM »
Well, well, well. That was a really fun night. All the times were close, although it looked like there were two groups of the 1:26 club and the 1:27 club, but still only just over half a second between the two, with most of the field within a 1 1/2 seconds spread.

Race 1
It was both satisfying and frustrating, being close enough to see a train of cars in front of me but not being able to catch them. Nearly everyone seemed to be driving very consistently. Started 8th, finished 9th.

Race 2
Started 12th , and got lucky with a couple of accidents in front of me and moved up to 7th with Mael and Bueller in tow.
I was doing a reasonable of job of keeping a gap, but was a little slower. I reckon I might have had just enough pace to keep in front with some decent car placement, but I lost the rear when the tyres got a little warm, and lost two possies to Mael and Bueller so we'll never know.
I chased Bueller but he was consistently faster than me and I spent the rest of the race trying to break into the 1:26's but it never happened.
I gained one position back through Phil being a ape man on his gearbox. Keep up the good work. :P

The Doobs chase was especially entertaining, his offroad excursion ended what was building to a good battle.
Yeah, it would have been interesting, I was a little slower, but I may have had enough to keep you behind me........although I doubt it. I seemed to be a little slower through the downhill S so was a bit vulnerable after that all the way through to turn one.

I had a lot of fun last night.

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2018, 11:27:26 AM »
Krahl Racing and Maki Engineering are also tied on 73 points apiece, in what's shaping up to be a good team battle.

It would make it a little easier for Krahl Racing if Phil would stop blowing up parts of his car...

yeah  :-\ :'(
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline RussG

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2018, 09:54:42 PM »
Half a good night for me.

Didn't get the best out of qually, but started 5th. Pretty happy with that.

Race 1: Got away running in 4th due to Kcender having a bad start. After a few laps Kcender caught me and I figured I shouldn't fight too hard for the place. As Kc went past I still had a nice gap to Bacchulum but then Kc was so slow he backed me up into Bacchulum who then had a good run and slipstream out of the last turn and breezed past me down the straight. From then it was really tight stuff with most laps only separating Bacchulum and me by hundreths. Finished 6th which I was happy with.

Race 2: With the grid shuffle I started behind Keith and from the start I was stuck behind him. I was up the inside, up the outside but always having to pull out of the move to avoid a crash. I could see Bacchulum disappearing into the distance in front of us with this battle going on.
After some laps of this, Keith got it loose in the left right combination at the end of the lap while I had a smooth run through it. Somehow Keith managed to keep it on the track and in the right turn I had to steer left to avoid running into him. I clipped the wall which I thought was just a brush, but it completely wrecked the car with the wheel out by 90 degrees. Pitted to fix the car. Basically race over   :(

Bring on the next race ....
Some days you're the pigeon,
Some days you're the statue ...

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2018, 01:17:26 PM »
Race 1:   Wheres mac87 ???

Race 2:  lost it and hit the wall...race over!!

I am really enjoying this car hopefully at Imola i can born again driver!!

good fun guys thx!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal