Xtreme Gaming Network

Practice race Oct 4

Author Topic: Practice race Oct 4  (Read 33082 times)

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: Practice race Oct 4
« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2016, 06:20:41 PM »
For now Ive left the server with 30 min qul and 6 lap races, you can use the xgn password to skip or restart sessions if needed. If you want to practice just keep it in qualy if there are a few in and they want to race they can vote to skip or anyone with admin pass can force sessions. Session length changes had to be removed however as the feature was causing server issues if done too often and with multiple people having access to that it meant it was always likely to break the server.

It will stay as is until 8pm where I will reset the server and people will need to enter with the password as it will only be open to xgn people at that point. But before then anyone with mr AB level can get in still.

Offline nith

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2016, 08:10:40 PM »
what is the server password guys ?

Offline Shayne

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2016, 08:31:29 PM »
The password is the same as the TS password.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2016, 10:47:16 PM »
what is the server password guys ?

Sorry missed this but seeing you were in you managed to get the password.

Here are the race results, click the little i icon for session data, I just noticed it only shows pit lane time for those that ran ptracker.

http://52.65.162.16:50041/championship

Also contacts reported in the results are doubled up as stracker reports both sides of each collision.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2016, 11:23:32 PM »
Great night, love this track, pretty technical and if you get it wrong you're screwed.

R1 was pretty good overall. Was on the back of Nith for quite a while but then ran straight into Hornbag when he spun and got damage which put me quite off the pace. Slowly reeled Nith in again though with Gratulin and few others on my tail. Think I finished around 6th.

R2 Nith got past me straight off the bat through what Grat called the corkscrew, then spent the first half of the race on his tail, but really hard to pass here, and we both had areas where each other was quicker so it wasn't gonna happen. Jumped into the pits hoping for an undercut. Not sure if I'd have got it as a few laps later I had to retire to go get the baby.... think I was in 5th at the time.

Stupid baby!  ;D

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2016, 11:27:30 PM »
Thanks for the results, Marty. Great races, especially race 1. I have actually watched almost the entire replay!

it seems you were right: no contact between you and Phil. Live following you guys I thought you touched when you went a bit wide at turn 3(the second left hander in lap 1). But in the replay I can see Phil managed to avoid it very nicely. I think instead the little damage Phil involuntarily repaired was a little touch with me when I tried to pass him (badly.... sorry Phil) at t1 a few laps later.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 04, 2016, 11:43:30 PM »
Thanks for the results, Marty. Great races, especially race 1. I have actually watched almost the entire replay!

it seems you were right: no contact between you and Phil. Live following you guys I thought you touched when you went a bit wide at turn 3(the second left hander in lap 1). But in the replay I can see Phil managed to avoid it very nicely. I think instead the little damage Phil involuntarily repaired was a little touch with me when I tried to pass him (badly.... sorry Phil) at t1 a few laps later.

With repairs Best to have these not selected in the pitconfig app unless you actually want to fix them. A possible small rub may not effect performance much but pitlane time will be huge. I also see in results the actual pit time seems all over the place but pitlane time seems correct which really is a stat the game should record for all drivers in a server anyway.

Seems most stops were 39 to 42 seconds pitlane time. This would be effected by how fast people enter mostly and how agressive they are at stopping in their box. With no speeding violations there is a significant gain for coming in too hot but not much we can really do about that its maybe only 2 or 3 seconds.

Tyre life will either need some form of wear multi or pit strategy will simply be kept open as wear is no issue in a 30 minute race. I stopped on lap 4 race 2 and was still at 100% on the tyres. Its possible with raised wear flatspots could be a bigger issue as this is the main thing you need to watch out for tyre wise. You can kill fronts pretty quick with a big lockup so if the multi is raised this will need to be tested, I am fairly sure that flatspots are mainly set by damage level and the server had damage at 100% for the practice races.

Race 1 I did flatspot a bit and so pitted a bit earlier then planned, race 2 I was a bit more careful knowing I had a longer stint and they were still good at the end of the race.

I have set the practice server up for round 1 so here is the link to laptimes in the combo we just ran to show how the relative pace was for all.

http://52.65.162.16:50041/lapstat?track=vir-full%20course&cars=ks_maserati_gt_mc_gt4&valid=1,2&date_from=&date_to=&currservers=acserver
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 11:46:26 PM by marty »

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2016, 12:23:44 AM »
Here are a couple videos showing the formation lap and first couple laps of the 2 races.

Race 1 single file rolling start, no issues but gaps were quite big from the start. Still 1 car locked up at the back of the pack into t1 but luckily didnt take too many with it. Single file likely made the incident smaller due to more spread out field.

This is race 2 with the 2 wide start, only issue happened with someone locking up into t1 and causing a bit of a mess at the back into t1 the formation lap seemed to be no issue for the xgn fellas.  ;) T1 in these cars no matter the start type will always be prone to someone locking up and hitting someone else ahead.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2016, 08:24:16 AM »
Yeah, I was wondering about the tyre wear. The real life races are one hour in duration, so a 2x multiplier might be appropriate.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 05, 2016, 10:09:28 AM »
cool pic joe :) teach them early and if all goes well he will be buying you homes in Europe to follow the f1 season when he is competing in it :)
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #55 on: October 05, 2016, 10:29:07 AM »
ahhh Joe, now we know your secret weapon and why you exit sometimes, it is that the baby looses concentration and FALLS asleeep!
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 05, 2016, 12:00:54 PM »
Yeah, I was wondering about the tyre wear. The real life races are one hour in duration, so a 2x multiplier might be appropriate.

I can try 2x wear on the practice server and see how that goes. This single compound will likely have issues in cooler temps and get some graining as in the practice race it was 21c ambient and around 26c track +-1c and tyres were cold. Higher wear may make graining more of an issue so we may need to test this a little.

Misano forecast was for 17c mod clouds so even colder again then VIR was.

Talking of real series I found these on youtube.  ;)

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 05, 2016, 12:02:30 PM »

I did the second race virtually on one set of tires and was still doing close to pb's at end of race (except when Marty lapped me, too many mistakes trying to keep ahead of him  :-[  )

Offline rob

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 05, 2016, 12:15:50 PM »
Thanks for posting those videos Marty. That first one especially. It shows how good that track has been done and how good the car is.

Braking points and gear changes almost exactly the same as in the game. How cool is that.

rob

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 05, 2016, 01:17:58 PM »
Completely OT, but made me laugh.... thankfully we can't run after each other on teamspeak:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal