Xtreme Gaming Network

S22R7: United States Grand Prix at Watkins Glen Post Race

Author Topic: S22R7: United States Grand Prix at Watkins Glen Post Race  (Read 10705 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S22R7: United States Grand Prix at Watkins Glen Post Race
« on: June 26, 2018, 06:28:00 PM »
Kcender87 takes the win over Phil to take out the season 22 championship trophy.

RACE RESULTS
SEASON STANDINGS
SEASON STATS

Round Points
Kcender87   45
Phil.8   38
Grat   32
RussG   27
Freezer   23
Bacchulum   20
Mael   18
Shayne   17
Wally   16
buellersdayoff   15
Doobs   14
Seanus   13
Dave O   12
Keith   11
ab156   10
AbleArcher83   9
Jeremy   8
Matthew111   0

Congratulations to Phil on pole and fastest race lap, and to Kcender for the win.

Penalties
None - no contacts at all in the opening laps.

Season Podium
1. Kcender87, 249
2. Phil.8, 238
3. Matthew, 176
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 10:14:30 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: S22R7: United States Grand Prix at Watkins Glen Post Race
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2018, 09:59:55 PM »
Very good race with a race-long battle between Freezer and Bacchulum. Unfortunately messed it up by bumping into Bacchulum two laps from the end, thought he was going to defend the inside line which did not eventuate and thus got myself into a tangle and (not for the first time) bumped him. My fault  :'(

Other than that it was fun, both Freezer and me had too much wing which made for interesting battles between Bacchulum and Shayne with the cars making their speed in different sectors of the laps.

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2018, 10:15:27 PM »
Well done Kcender, was an interesting season with not a lot of close racing for me, Some tracks the Tyrrell was mighty and felt like I could lead and control the race pretty easy and other tracks like this one and monza to a small extent the car was average, I feel I lost the championship at Monza with Matthew and Jeremy both having bad luck and running out of fuel while leading the race which both times lost me a bit of time having to brake to not run into them to a fast closing Kcender and my sloppy driving under pressure.

I am annoyed with myself a little because as I get older the chances to win another championship slip away more and more and I sorta feel like I blew a good opportunity .

Well done Kcender well deserved win
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 10:20:26 PM by Phil.8 »
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2018, 10:21:49 PM »
Very good race with a race-long battle between Freezer and Bacchulum. Unfortunately messed it up by bumping into Bacchulum two laps from the end, thought he was going to defend the inside line which did not eventuate and thus got myself into a tangle and (not for the first time) bumped him. My fault  :'(

Other than that it was fun, both Freezer and me had too much wing which made for interesting battles between Bacchulum and Shayne with the cars making their speed in different sectors of the laps.
Good to see you finished a race . . :)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2018, 10:24:31 PM »
Here's some post season stats:

Most wins: Kcender and Phil on 3 apiece.
Most podiums: Kcender, 6
Most poles: Phil, 3
Most fastest laps: Phil, 3
Most consistent: Kcender, 2
Biggest Hunter (attacker): a whole bunch of guys, no standout!
Biggest Hunted (defender): Bacchulum and Matthew, 2
Busiest (closest action): Bacchulum
Loneliest: Dave O
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2018, 10:26:20 PM »
So I said to Mael, "If I can't get past Bacchulum, you know what to do!!"  :) :)

My challenge tonight was to try and take some points of Bacchulum who I was behind on the leaderboard.
We had a great race where I put a tonne of laps in right behind him ( Hunted: Bacchulum ) but as is often the case I
had great difficulty getting past.  I had a yellow engine in the first stint, but a fix at the stop brought back some pace!
Didn't feel as comfortable at this track as I have in the others but overall with some practice managed to be pretty
consistent and even put in my best time on the last lap.
Bad luck to Bacchulum with the Mael tap, but congrats on a solid season.

Congrats to Kcender and thanks again to Wally!

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2018, 10:28:08 PM »
Looking at the results not knowing Nordschleife was my downfall
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2018, 10:33:44 PM »
Firstly, congratulations to Kcender. It was good to see such a close finish to the season for the championship.
And welcome to AbleArcher - it's tough to join the last race of a season where everyone is used to the cars and has them well set up and so on. Thank you for your courteous driving when being lapped.

That was a very entertaining race for me. Early on I was chasing Seanus who started to seem to realy struggle with the car after only a few laps, with some very loose moments coming out of some corners. We swapped positions but then he fell back.
Then I had this pest of a blue car driven by Bueller in my mirrors for 10 laps, always less than a second behind me. Great pressure - I couldn't afford any mistakes. I didn't want to pit berfore Bueller as I had track position, and was probably holding him up a little. Finally I saw Bueller pit, so I pitted the next lap, and still managed to come out in front of him. He chased me for another 5 laps, and then passed me, so I could follow him for the next 4 laps. Then Phil came up and I let him past under blue flag, thinking that Bueller would also eventually slow to let Phil past, but Phil pitted before he could pass Bueller! I wuz robbed.

But then I had a tank slapper in the back half of the circuit and bounced off the walls a few times, letting Shayne past and dropping about 9 seconds, which was a bummer. My nemesis Bueller chased me home for the last 3 laps after he had an off. Great race.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2018, 10:34:42 PM »
Looking at the results not knowing Nordschleife was my downfall
Like I've said, it's every sim racers duty to know Nords :)

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2018, 10:53:01 PM »
Thanks Wally for another great season of racing.
Got a PB in qual but it was a little messy, felt like another couple hundredth in it, couldn't put it together and crashed.
One of the best races for sure. Decided to go with soft/soft just for the hell of it, rear tyres were pretty shagged by the end of each stint. After getting a good slip stream I went in hot up the inside AB1 and over compensated on the brakes a little which got me turned around, no big deal but I ended up with red f/r wings. Then battled with Wally for the first half of the race, I just couldn't get past even with soft tyres. Put too much fuel in again while pitted and forgot to fix damage. Then battled Wally again for the second half, managing to get past only to miss a gear near the end, turned myself around and let a couple cars go by. Thanks everyone for the good racing!

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2018, 10:11:48 AM »
Hey guys,sorry for leaving the season but i simply could not do it.i could not keep that car on the track for an hour and the pain on my neck and elbow were unbearable  so...ye...sorry  but i know that i am still in love with XGN and thats important    ;D

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2018, 11:25:28 AM »
Hey guys,sorry for leaving the season but i simply could not do it.i could not keep that car on the track for an hour and the pain on my neck and elbow were unbearable  so...ye...sorry  but i know that i am still in love with XGN and thats important    ;D
No worries Simone. I hope you can get fit enough to get back on track :D

Offline kcender87

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2018, 11:42:30 AM »
Thanks for a great season all - really enjoy these old things ... anyone up for a season in the old Maserati F1 cars.....?

Spent a hell of a lot of laps on this one to ensure i had a fighting chance over race distance against Phil who is always better on fuel (Tyrell seems to be an early Tesla) and I hate low downforce things :P luckily it all worked out with a breath of fuel in it across the line

Really enjoying the seasons here - keen for the next one

Thanks again guys

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2018, 04:44:18 PM »
had no knowledge of the track and had 45mins to learn and setup the car while being very tired from being awake from 3.30 lol so was never going to work well, qual was average and i forgot to put fuel in the car in all my tiredness so i had 7 laps of fuel at the start which gave me a nice pace advantage so i started to get motivated with the challenge of making a 2 stop work but as i passed phil i had some kind of lag jump going into turn 4 that ended my race.
Was a good season shame it ended like that for me lol even monza with the fuel issue on the last lap lol still kicking myself! but congrats to kcender drove well all season and had many a good race with.
do you even motorsports?

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2018, 05:10:26 PM »
A very intense and good race 8), up until......

Unfortunately messed it up by bumping into Bacchulum two laps from the end
:-X

2+2=√16

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal