Xtreme Gaming Network

Future Season Ideas

Poll

Which future series do you like the sound of?

GT2 - Ferrari 458 GT2, BMW M3 GT2, Corvette C7R
25 (14.6%)
GT - Single make - Lotus 2 Eleven GT4
5 (2.9%)
GT - Single make - Lamborghini Huracan ST (Super Trofeo series)
4 (2.3%)
Track day - Lotus 2 Eleven/KTM X-Bow
9 (5.3%)
Open Wheeler - Single make - Ferrari F138
17 (9.9%)
Multiclass - Mercedes-Benz C9 1989 LM vs Mercedes-Benz 190E EVO II
6 (3.5%)
Track day - Mazda MX5 Cup
13 (7.6%)
Road - BMW M3 E92 Step 1 vs Alfa Romeo 4C vs Lotus Exige 240R
14 (8.2%)
Road - Abarth 500 Assetto Corse
3 (1.8%)
Road - Audi S1
2 (1.2%)
Open Wheeler (Single Seater) - Praga R1
10 (5.8%)
Supercar - Ferrari 488 GTB
7 (4.1%)
Race - Porsche 911 RSR
13 (7.6%)
GT - Porsche Cayman GT4
7 (4.1%)
Race - Porsche 917/30 CanAm 1973
11 (6.4%)
LMP1 - Porsche 919 (+ others?)
10 (5.8%)
GT - Porsche 911 GT3 Cup 2017
15 (8.8%)

Total Members Voted: 63

Author Topic: Future Season Ideas  (Read 170640 times)

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: Future Season Ideas
« Reply #75 on: October 30, 2016, 05:37:06 PM »
I like that idea Wally.  Or you could do an F1 and have the final round as double points to keep things interesting right to the end.  Although it probably only matters if there are larger points gaps between positions.

It doesnt really matter what the points gap is, you win every race you start. Make the gaps bigger and it just means nobody will be close enough that it would make a difference.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 30, 2016, 05:40:40 PM »
Yeah, I'm not really a big fan of increasing points for higher positions. It just makes the leaders even harder to catch in the points. I suppose the thinking is that it provides an incentive to push for one more position, but everyone's going to try to do that anyway. I prefer the scoring with just 1 pt between each position.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 30, 2016, 06:07:04 PM »
personally I like the points like in this season. You can "fight to be in the points" and fighting for 2nd or 3rd becomes very meaningful for the championship, which is cool.

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 11, 2016, 05:10:00 PM »
How about  GT2 and GT3 cars together in a season but limit the numbers available for each category. And have placings overall plus per category with a mixture of tight circuits, endurance rounds, Nords, and GP tracks.  With customs skins perhaps.

Each persons picks their category to compete in with a backup car in the 2nd category.  The top 5 in each race have to switch to their backup car. Maybe the last 5 places if in GT2 switch to GT3.  And you could still throw in reverse grids for the tighter tracks where the GT3 cars couldnt pull a big lead on GT2.  Would this help in bringing the racing closer?

--- A quitter never races and a Racer never quits. ---

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 11, 2016, 09:18:05 PM »
Gt2 should be quicker then gt3 at most tracks but there isnt really that much in it. I dont think its withh running them together a future mixed class season would be good with gt2/e cars and Prototypes once we get some modern ones. I think there will be Porsche 919 and recent toyota.

There is also the option for historic gt and prototype series but its classes where a few cars will be coming in the future.

If enough entered you could even run 3 classes such as Prototype, Gt2/e and gt4. With each class having its own individual championships. The classes could be set by choice or by past season average finishes per driver. Only have a certain amount of cars in each class and so the top 8-10 in prototypes, next 8-10 gt2/e and the rest in gt4.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 11, 2016, 09:28:21 PM »
Or Can-Am.......

8)

2+2=√16

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 11, 2016, 09:48:42 PM »
I did some testing on Vallelunga Classic and my GT2 car was faster than toms GT3 by 200ths of a second.  He was holding me up.. So yeah on a tight circuit the gt2 is supreme, on long circuits like Spa the gt2 doesn't have the top speed, only the cornering ease over a gt3.

I like the gt2 cars and on tight circuits they could provide some really close racing, gutzy passing.

But if im not mistaken there is only the 2 gt2 cars. the m3 and the 458.. I'm really itching for a race with more than 1-2 makes. The videos are more interesting not only to watch but to make as well.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 11, 2016, 10:04:54 PM »
I did some testing on Vallelunga Classic and my GT2 car was faster than toms GT3 by 200ths of a second.  He was holding me up.. So yeah on a tight circuit the gt2 is supreme, on long circuits like Spa the gt2 doesn't have the top speed, only the cornering ease over a gt3.

I like the gt2 cars and on tight circuits they could provide some really close racing, gutzy passing.

But if im not mistaken there is only the 2 gt2 cars. the m3 and the 458.. I'm really itching for a race with more than 1-2 makes. The videos are more interesting not only to watch but to make as well.

GTE is current the evolution of gt2 spec and we did lots of testing in these prior to the current season as it was close to being the option but in the end Wally chose the gt4 Maserati. With the GT2's and corvette c7 gte cars there was a small amount of ballast needed mostly to the corvette which is a bit quicker it wasn't a huge amount of ballast but I think I would have enjoyed those more then the Maserati.

Gt3 has more top speed as it has less aero, Possibly Spa could be close as is Nords between them and gt3. Still on most tracks the GT2 and GTE cars are a bit quicker even if down on top speed by a bit. They can brake later and cornering speeds are also much quicker due to the aero.

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 12, 2016, 12:26:03 AM »
Sorry please explain what GTE ? is. 

And I just wish they would bring out dlc packs like DTM etc so that people could set up races by cars that are already matched like gtr2 and gtl had with their FIA GT.

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 12, 2016, 12:42:04 AM »

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 12, 2016, 02:11:04 AM »
Thanks,  the only cars I see with GTE in its title is the lotus evora,, which also has a GTC version.  Only 2 GT2 cars and a large number of GT3.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 12, 2016, 10:44:17 AM »
Thanks,  the only cars I see with GTE in its title is the lotus evora,, which also has a GTC version.  Only 2 GT2 cars and a large number of GT3.
The corvette C7R is GTE, or LM GTE, as they are officially called now, I think. If I remember correctly, the Lotus GTE is substantially slower.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 12, 2016, 10:48:36 AM »
The corvette c7r is gte class, I thought it even had this in the name in AC somewhere. Street cars are confusing though as many are called gt1, gt2, gt3, gt4 gte when they are in no way associated with that class as are those lotus cars. There are also the other lotus gtc and gx evoras which are both race spec cars from other series. Gtc is closer to gt3 and gx to gt2 yet the cars are a bit underpowered against those.

There are also some cars that are gt3 race class but dont have that in their name like the Audi r8 alms which is a full gt3 spec race car but doesnt have gt3 in its name. There is the SCG03 which is made to gt3 rules but isnt actually classed as gt3 even in real world and it raxes in its own class yet is made to be within gt3 regulations.

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 12, 2016, 09:35:42 PM »
yeah its a tad messy in assetto.. the corvette c7r race car though keeps up with GT3. The naming has just got too complex really.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 12, 2016, 09:52:38 PM »
Its not really a problem with AC car naming as they are named as the real cars are, car manufacturers name cars in such a weird way that people that dont know the actual cars wont understand what they really are.

Here is the Porsche naming code just to confuse you some more confusions.  ;D
https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/products/porsche-model-name-type-number-12087.html

Original GT2 model was made for GT2 race spec but then road and trackday cars were made based off the race car also named GT2 using the other codes after that to signify road, trackday and race cars.

GTS (e.g. Cayman GTS)

GTS stands for Gran Turismo Sport and is originally a homologation class from motor racing. The 904 Carrera GTS received this epithet for the first time in 1963. In 1991, the 928 GTS revived the tradition. The GTS suffix is currently used to designate the especially sporty and exclusive models of a Porsche model series.

RS (e.g. 911 Carrera RS 2.7, model year 1972)

The RS (stands for RennSport[=racing sport]) and is a street-legal model that has been derived from the motor racing version. The designation is, however, also used for particularly sporty models, e.g. the 911 RS America.

RSR (e.g. 911 Carrera RSR 2.8 model year 1973)

The RennSport Rennwagen (RSR) [literally: racing sport racing car] is a purely competition version and is not street legal.

S (e.g. 928 S, model year 1979; Macan S)

S for “Super” or “Sport”: a version with a more powerful engine. Today the S consistently stands for “Sport” and, in addition to the extra-sporty engine, additionally includes enhancements to the equipment compared with the basic model.

All the GT2 models
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porsche_911_GT2

GT3 Models
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porsche_911_GT3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal