Xtreme Gaming Network

Jan 13 Season 5 Practice at Paul Ricard HTTT

Author Topic: Jan 13 Season 5 Practice at Paul Ricard HTTT  (Read 24401 times)

Online Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: Jan 13 Season 5 Practice at Paul Ricard HTTT
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2015, 05:13:06 PM »
Why did Bernie buy it?
Way back when testing was a free for all.
He converted it to the HTTT and charged the teams a bundle, but it does have 16 layouts (I think) and built in sprinklers for wet testing, as well as a closed TV circuit where each team only sees their car, not the others team's.

Ecclestone has expressed an intention to return Formula One racing to the circuit by hosting a biennial French Grand Prix at the circuit beginning in 2013 (with a Belgian Grand Prix at Spa-Francorchamps in the alternate years).[1]
It might need a bit of work before that.
There are no grandstands or even any kind of spectator areas at all. ???

2+2=√16

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2015, 05:54:33 PM »
Hey Bacchulum (or anyone else), can you beat 1:54.656 here in the Exos 125?

I just ran a couple laps and got into the 1:53's with the exos standard. I hadnt driven it since DRS was enabled so make sure you map your DRS button to the wheel as it helps around here. You can run fairly high aero for the corners and then DRS all the straighter bits, the fast sweeping right hander at the end of the straight is awkward as you need to brake to disable DRS and this could be taken flat without DRS but with its likely to try and kill you. I found I needed a quick LFB tap while staying flat on the gas into this corner and the next tightening right hander is easily the most awkward corner on the track. I have no idea how to best take this corner as you need to brake a little on entry and then again later but if you brake too early you need to get back on the gas so its one corner thats very hard to do the same way each lap.

It might need a bit of work before that.
There are no grandstands or even any kind of spectator areas at all. ???

There actually are some small grandstands just not many, also there are no grandstands or anything other then a pit building at Albert Park.  ;D

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2015, 06:41:06 PM »
Server's up. It's a passworded server tonight.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2015, 06:42:57 PM »
Does the Exos have KERS as well as DRS?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2015, 10:53:00 PM »
Here are the RACE RESULTS.

Congratulations to Guybrush ('49), EdWood ('98) and Marty (125) on the wins - a mixed bag!

The lesson I learned in the Exos is that it doesn't take much of a setup change to give it too much front grip, making the rear really loose.  It needs a fair bit of rear grip.

Lotus 98 - I was glad to make it to the end without blowing the gearbox (70% turbo in the end) and did well to come 3rd. I ran pretty high wings like Ed, I think it was, who mentioned it on TS.

Lotus 49 was heaps of fun.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2015, 10:59:55 PM »
Just realised that I am not Ayrton Senna and these cars are very tricky to drive.
Based on the amount of spins I had tonight its going to be a long season!!

Offline EdWood

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2015, 02:46:59 PM »
Had fun in the first 2 races, was looking forward to driving the 125 then my net cut out which has only just come back on now.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2015, 04:56:54 PM »
Had fun in the first 2 races, was looking forward to driving the 125 then my net cut out which has only just come back on now.

Wondered where you went for the last race, your connection did seem fine for the first 2 races with no warping that I could see. Shame it went completely after that.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal