Xtreme Gaming Network

[UPDATED] Keeper Tracks for Assetto Corsa

Author Topic: [UPDATED] Keeper Tracks for Assetto Corsa  (Read 34623 times)

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
[UPDATED] Keeper Tracks for Assetto Corsa
« on: October 15, 2014, 01:25:02 PM »
There has been a real change in the quality of mod tracks being produced for Assetto Corsa. Therefore I'm updating this topic.

Only tracks that are worth repeated use are now listed.

These tracks have continued to be updated by their authors until it has reached a level of quality where most, if not all, bugs have been fixed and the aesthetics of the track and surrounds developed to a high level.

The tracks that are conversions have been enhanced to meet the higher quality of Assetto Corsa.

Barbagallo download
Donington Park GP download
Donington Park National download
Eastern Creek 2004 download
GenTrack1 download
Grobnik download
Hockenheim 1988 download
Jerez 1988 download (openBETA2)
Prato download
Paul Ricard HTTT download
Pukekohoe Park Raceway 2013 download
Salzburgring download
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 01:36:33 PM by Gratulin »

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
Re: "Keeper Tracks" for Assetto Corsa
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 01:58:31 PM »
I would add the Golf Course track to that list as well, although I don't think we've tested it yet.

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 02:07:16 PM »
I'm keen for us to test Suzuka as well. I think it might be as good as Brands. Would be good to start a topic with all the "keeper" tracks that we all feel are worth including in a main league. We have 4 or 5 now I reckon that have passed the league test. 

GenTrack
Blackwood
Castle Hill
Brands Hatch

I really think it's awesome that there are clever guys out there, doing all this track conversion and track making for free. That's is totally awesome. Takes a lot of time. So perhaps we shouldn't expect too much from them.
In saying that. None of these tracks listed I'd pay money for in the state they are in atm.

Gentrack Looks pretty, nice lay out. Terrible performance.
Blackwood is really nice as a lay out. Too many holes to fall through and performance issues.
Castle Hill. nice layout. Absolute crap performance.
Brands Hatch. Looked very nice. Didn't find any holes. Had CPU warnings on the start line with full grid.

So, my harsh criticism stands. None of these tracks are up to XGN league standards. Maybe Brands Hatch as I didn't find anything that causes you to re-set the game. Gentrack and Castle Hill shouldn't have even made it onto the short list.
Harsh I know. My pc is old I know but AC is the only game that I play that has performance issues.

On a side note. These are all good tracks to shunt Gratulin off track.  ;)

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2014, 02:08:54 PM »
I would add the Golf Course track to that list as well, although I don't think we've tested it yet.

It will be used in Season 2 Cobra Cup.  :)
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2014, 02:27:18 PM »
Dick, buy a bloody CPU. Or rather; a new computer.  Don't you see the pattern?  You've problems with pretty much all tracks.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2014, 02:42:18 PM »
I'm keen for us to test Suzuka as well. I think it might be as good as Brands. Would be good to start a topic with all the "keeper" tracks that we all feel are worth including in a main league. We have 4 or 5 now I reckon that have passed the league test. 

GenTrack
Blackwood
Castle Hill
Brands Hatch

Looks like you have a job Gratulin  ;D
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2014, 02:44:11 PM »
Dick, buy a bloody CPU. Or rather; a new computer.  Don't you see the pattern?  You've problems with pretty much all tracks.

I only have troubles with AC. and no, not all tracks.

I'll upgrade my pc when I'm ready. I just can't justify it atm. I look around at new stuff but, really, for one game when I can do all my photography and film editing no worries. I can play other games no worries. I can do everything except, occasionally, run AC smoothly.
  I'll see what the final build runs like. It has to be better. And if it runs crap I'll just hang up the wheel until I do upgrade.

Even if I didn't have PC troubles, those tracks wouldn't get Dick stamp.

EDIT. I know I'm being very critical of these tracks. They are all very well done, great progress. Better than I could do. But, Things don't improve by pissing in pockets.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 03:00:22 PM by Dick Forrest »

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
PROPOSED TEST: Suzuka
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2014, 03:24:25 PM »
I really like Suzuka as a real track. It is a classic racetrack that stands alongside Silverstone, Imola, Brands Hatch as having its own character. However, Kunos are unlikely to provide a laser scanned version of the track anytime soon and the two mod track versions each have some issues. Suzuka 0.9 is the best of the two mods and in my opinion is worth testing.

Link: http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/suzuka.2877/

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2014, 06:04:56 PM »
I agree that Suzuka is a pretty good mod.  Similar to Barcelona in that you can tell it's an old track converted over - the track textures are very repetitive.  The track itself seems nice though.

@Wally @Bird is there any way you can make a "ratings" type thread where we can put the names of all the mods up and we could rate each one out of ten or similar?

Offline Enforcer-J

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2014, 06:14:13 PM »
Sentul?

Guys are using it over at ARSE for a fun race this Fri night, I downloaded it and was quire impressed.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2014, 06:15:21 PM »
Some balance is required here. We can't just run the same 5 tracks or whatever it is over and over. I think it will be unavoidable to include 1 or 2 mod tracks each season, performance issues notwithstanding. If a track has holes where you can fall out of the world, then that would preclude it.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2014, 06:19:57 PM »
Agreed Enforcer, Sentul is good, I haven't found any issues with it. ;)

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2014, 06:23:07 PM »

@Wally @Bird is there any way you can make a "ratings" type thread where we can put the names of all the mods up and we could rate each one out of ten or similar?

We could create a sub-forum under AC for track ratings, and have a poll for each track, with options being your rating 1 to 5. Its not so easy to sort by track ratings then however. What do reckon Bird?
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2014, 06:33:18 PM »
Sentul?

Guys are using it over at ARSE for a fun race this Fri night, I downloaded it and was quire impressed.

Harris (modder) is making some changes to Sentul which should be released "soon".  Some fairly decent ones as well.  Lippo is already a great track which is being improved.

I think both of these should be added to the "to be tested" tracks.  Harris also said that if we have another night where we are testing any of the mods tracks - his tracks - he would like to come along and listen to our feedback.  So it might be worth organising another test night once he has made changes to Sentul and Lippo?

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2014, 06:40:35 PM »
Comments like "not enough XGN signage"? ;D

2+2=√16

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal