Xtreme Gaming Network

Re: S7 R6 - Bruno - 16-02-2017

Author Topic: Re: S7 R6 - Bruno - 16-02-2017  (Read 15724 times)

Offline Phil.8

• Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2017, 11:12:03 AM »
I'm ecstatic to announce the next race would be the last ever I drive the F40, Ferrari should be ashamed for producing that piece of ......

I love Ferrari, but will admit I have had enough fun in the f40 to last me a lifetime  :) 
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2017, 01:18:45 PM »
Race 1, start 1, almost managed to get through the tangles and just caught a richocheting car as the restart was called, had a good place :)
Start 2, picked up a PB, so that was good, but out classed and stumbled a couple of times on the closing laps. next week!

PS: Love the GT40!  :D
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2017, 01:47:48 PM »
I'm loving the GT40 as well.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2017, 10:24:46 PM »
Had an interesting race night. The new changes to the game has made a big difference to the F40 in my opinion and I've found it now quite drivable provided I'm patient with the throttle. Got a blinding start for the race one managing to be second on the exit of the first corner only for the race to be restarted. On the second restart I got just as good a start but with all the chat on teamspeak about people calling for another restart due to something down the back, I missed my braking marker and hit seanus which resulted in him running wide at turn 1, apologies.  Unsure of what was actually going on, I hung back and waited for him expecting a restart as on teamspeak was there was some voices calling for and asking the question but none never came. Whilst I understand this is supposed to be a fun night, hearing the comment of "shut the fuck up" when asking about what is going on is not what I'd expect in the spirit of these nights.  Some consistency in when a restart is called and an explanation of why/when one is activated could be helpful. After waiting to readdress with Seanus I was deep down the back of the pack and it was fun racing to the flag.

The reverse race was a lot of fun, there seemed to be some disparate moves on cold tyres and I managed to fluke my way around some spinning cars to 3rd rather quickly. I had a tense battle with Phil, until he made an error and spun gifting me 2nd. I managed to chase down Seanus on what became the final lap but was unable to pass him in the last 1/3 of the final lap.

The results of race 2 need to be adjusted as Seanus was first across the finishline.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2017, 08:01:40 AM »
... "shut the fuck up"...
That was me and as it so happens it was directed at you, although no personal injury was intended.
Your Teamspeak was acting up and all we got was 194db noise.

As a League voice com's may need some rethinking/rejigging? Seperate thread perhaps?
The results of race 2 need to be adjusted as Seanus was first across the finishline.

There's another app called Discord. I've never tried it, and have no idea if it's better or worse than TeamSpeak. These static problems, I don't know if that's a problem with TeamSpeak or the person's hardware.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline rob

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: Re: S7 R6 - Bruno - 16-02-2017
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2017, 10:32:05 AM »
Brad, don't take it personally, it was just that your TeamSpeak was playing up on Thursday night. Every time you spoke all that came through was incredibly loud, and I do mean LOUD static. It was so annoying and distracting that I almost disconnected from the server.

By the end of the night it was working fine, so its all good now.

rob

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2017, 10:43:05 AM »
Apologies for the sound - it's beyond my control and certainly not intentional.

First race my old Logitech USB headset/mic died and so upon the advice of a tech friend I bought a Corsair Gaming VOID 7.1 and team speak doesn't seem to like it, perhaps it's just too new for the aging teamspeak? I don't know why this is happening because I can set it up, test and everything is fine. Then for no reason I get absued because something has changed by itself during a race! I've also noticed that when this happens in testing I need to use different settings to get It working again, however there is no consistency in which setting make my headset every time. For teamspeak it appears to be more random in terms of which settings it wants to use.

I've since tried my headset in other games and even used it with Skype and there are not the problems here like with team speak. I can't but think it's a team speak problem. I noticed this morning there is an update for team speak and I will try that, but I don't know what else I am supposed to do as teamspeak gives no warning or indication as to why it chooses to go mental and I don't know how to replicate the problem outside of a race night so I can try to find a fix. As teamspeak is a requirement of racing I will need to work out a solution before racing again.

Just a final question. Does AC have its own radio software like iracing?

Offline Phil.8

• Δ8
    • View Profile
Re: Re: S7 R6 - Bruno - 16-02-2017
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2017, 12:13:10 PM »
I have a Gamevox server for backup we can use if you like

https://www.gamevox.com/GKPX-8AB
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline imperious

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2017, 02:02:49 PM »
I just use an extremely cheap $1 headphone/mic set from msy, but only for speaking on, the audio comes from my Logitech speakers.

I had a Very good nights racing, and don't know whether the update had anything to do with it or not, but I found the Porsche very
nice to drive on this track. It was more than a match for the F40 at Brno. Picked up a 3rd in race 1 so very happy with that.

Race 2 was a bit of a mixed bag, I had made up a few places till I tagged a spinning Mael F40, that put me back a bit in the field, but
some carnage amongst some of the cars in front in the 2nd last lap got me up to 4th.

Overall a good nights racing.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2017, 02:44:26 PM »
I just use an extremely cheap $1 headphone/mic set from msy, but only for speaking on, the audio comes from my Logitech speakers.
Same as me but I obviously overpaid for my headset @ $14 on eBay. It IS a Plantronics though!!

Got the same Logitech speakers. I think the ones Wally recommended a few years ago  8)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2017, 04:28:12 PM »
Same as me but I obviously overpaid for my headset @ $14 on eBay. It IS a Plantronics though!!

Got the same Logitech speakers. I think the ones Wally recommended a few years ago  8)
How are you going with those speakers? When they work, all is good, but occasionally one of the speakers (usually the centre) stops working and I have to jiggle/replug the speakers into the sub.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2017, 06:06:52 PM »

How are you going with those speakers? When they work, all is good, but occasionally one of the speakers (usually the centre) stops working and I have to jiggle/replug the speakers into the sub.
They work well. Could be a cable issue. Have you got surround sound configured correctly? I set the speakers to "small".  I have Realtek control panel.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2017, 06:29:35 PM »
Yeah, it all works well in general. It probably is a cable problem, although I think at one stage I tried plugging different speakers into different jacks in the sub, and determined that the problem appears to be more in connections in the sub than any individual cables/speakers. But I can live with it - it mostly works OK.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2017, 12:41:40 AM »
Maybe I drunk one too many glasses of wine, but I love the name of this thread.

Bruno: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruno_(name)

Brno: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brno

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2017, 09:12:43 AM »
Good pickup grat.
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal