Xtreme Gaming Network

Anyone sim raced one of these?

Author Topic: Anyone sim raced one of these?  (Read 9516 times)

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
Anyone sim raced one of these?
« on: December 19, 2013, 12:04:13 PM »
Record-setting, championship-winning “Rebel Corvette” heads to auction -

In the late 1960s, it was possible to walk into a local Chevrolet dealership, write a (substantial) check, and order up a factory lightweight Corvette, purpose-built for racing. In the early 1970s, perhaps the most famous of these Corvettes were the American-flag liveried cars of the John Greenwood team, but serving as a counterpoint was a Corvette owned by Floridian Orlando Costanzo, painted in a daring Confederate flag motif. This underdog “Rebel Corvette” would set speed records, capture the IMSA GTO Championship and be immortalized in plastic by model maker Revell; and on January 18, it will be offered to the public by Barrett-Jackson as part of its Scottsdale, Arizona, sale.

Available as a Regular Production Option (RPO) since the 1967 model year, the L88 engine option for the Corvette also required checking a few more boxes. To get the 430-horsepower, aluminum-head V-8, buyers also needed to order the C48 heater and defroster delete (which saved weight); the M22 heavy-duty transmission with close-ratio gearing; the K66 transistorized ignition (minus shielding, because radio interference wasn’t an issue); the J50 power-boosted brake system; the J56 heavy-duty brake calipers with semi-metallic pads and a proportioning valve; the F41 suspension (which came with stiffer springs, larger shock absorbers, a larger front anti-roll bar and a rear anti-roll bar); and a G81 Positraction rear end with 3.70:1 standard gearing (though other final drive ratios could be ordered).
- See more at: http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2013/12/18/record-setting-championship-winning-rebel-corvette-heads-to-auction/#sthash.zJ4JtJaG.dpuf
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone sim raced one of these?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2013, 02:40:15 PM »
Looks familiar :)
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Glen73

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2013, 04:29:20 PM »
Yer I have drove it, wasnt my cup of tea  ;)

Offline gawaterman

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2013, 09:22:35 AM »
Watch it, reckon its a repaired write off.
I know cos I wrote it off, several times  :'(

Offline Glen73

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2013, 12:59:05 PM »
Watch it, reckon its a repaired write off.
I know cos I wrote it off, several times  :'(

Very good GW.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal