Xtreme Gaming Network

A1 pedals no longer detected by Windows

Author Topic: A1 pedals no longer detected by Windows  (Read 12572 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
A1 pedals no longer detected by Windows
« on: January 19, 2014, 01:56:11 PM »
Anyone with A1 pedals seen this? I've tried different USB ports that I know are working with other devices... my pedals are just no longer detected as a USB device.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
Re: A1 pedals no longer detected by Windows
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2014, 03:03:24 PM »
sounds weird...possibly the circuitry in the pedals gone bust.

Offline Glen73

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2014, 03:27:19 PM »
I never had that issue with my A1's

Time to pull out the T500 pedals...

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2014, 04:23:25 PM »
Yeah, it might be if I can't get the A1's working. I gotta figure out why the pedal throw in my T500's was so short.  I know you like the pedals.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Glen73

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2014, 04:32:22 PM »
Pedal throw, like travel distance physically or in game.

Im using F1 style now and they feel good, although pots need a clean because I haven't used them for a long time.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2014, 06:29:55 PM »
Physically. That's what I didn't like about the pedals... the throttle in particular wouldn't move very far, physically. I ought to take a look at them again one day.

I think the A1's are working, but the usb plug might be a bit dodgy, broken wire or something. I cleaned the plug connections with metho, and it might be ok now.

I also cleaned 5 years or whatever of dust and hair out of the pedal unit. It was not a pretty sight.

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2014, 11:19:01 PM »
Physically. That's what I didn't like about the pedals... the throttle in particular wouldn't move very far, physically. I ought to take a look at them again one day.

I think the A1's are working, but the usb plug might be a bit dodgy, broken wire or something. I cleaned the plug connections with metho, and it might be ok now.

I also cleaned 5 years or whatever of dust and hair out of the pedal unit. It was not a pretty sight.

I know what you mean Wally......any pubic hair inside?... :o

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2014, 12:50:17 PM »
Could have been :p

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2014, 02:16:04 PM »
Few weeks ago I cleaned the G27 pedals with an air gun and since then the potentiometer stop working,it would spike and sometimes would get stuck at 20% of braking during racing,so I threw them away and got myself this CSR elite pedals from fanatec...vey nice pedals Wally,,if you are interested in a set of new pedals

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2014, 06:33:19 PM »
I've the fanatec basic pedal, whatever it's called and tbh even that beats the old A1 - and it came free with the wheel (the combo deal has exactly the discount that's the price of the pedals)  shame about the fanatec support though, for two weeks now I'm waiting for the RMA process to be started on the wheel, which was DOA.  The pedals are nice, though.

Offline Glen73

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2014, 07:11:41 PM »

I cleaned my Pots today and they have come up well, while I had them apart I took a look at ways you could increase pedal travel. I found a simple enough way but would involve some cutting into your black backing panel (not the checker plate floor panel). I didn't complete this as I'm happy with the travel on my pedals.

Remove retaining plate, this plate determines the pedals return resting point/position. (there is nuts on the other side of the cap screws for the retaining plate, be sure to remove those first other wise the cap screws will break) You could also use these nuts as spacers so in fact the mod would cost you nothing.

Add 2X 4mm nuts or washers. This will allow the pedal to return further than normal, the cap screws will still have enough thread bite to be effective.

Now you can see the extra travel distance

And again you can see how much further the pedal is sitting out compared to the others. The pot still had extra rotation so I'm assuming this will be effective.

At the end of the day you could probably mod these pedals many ways being full steel and alloy but this is probably the easiest way I found. (there could be easier)

« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 07:17:47 PM by Mr Fox »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2014, 08:43:31 PM »
Thanks for that - I should get the T500 pedals usable to my satisfaction at least as a backup should the A1's pack up.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal