Xtreme Gaming Network

Fun Run - Porsche 911 Carrera RSR 3.0 at Brands Hatch

Author Topic: Fun Run - Porsche 911 Carrera RSR 3.0 at Brands Hatch  (Read 7109 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Fun Run - Porsche 911 Carrera RSR 3.0 at Brands Hatch
« on: June 27, 2018, 09:05:42 PM »
3 x 9 lap sprints at Brands Hatch GP, to try one of the season 23 poll choices.

Practice server is up. Tyre warmers are OFF. The tyres take a few laps to warm up - give the tyres some time!
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Fun Run - Porsche 911 Carrera RSR 3.0 at Brands Hatch
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2018, 06:10:32 PM »
Here's my setup, based on some rooshooter magic that he weaved in the Thursday race to settle the back end down.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2018, 06:30:21 PM »
Sorry for my absence recently had a lot going on. sold my house in the uk, got a new job, bought a house here plus kids needing lots of attention. Hope to be back regularly soon. new house has a lot more room so a more dedicated space for the rig!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2018, 07:08:25 PM »
Sorry for my absence recently had a lot going on. sold my house in the uk, got a new job, bought a house here plus kids needing lots of attention. Hope to be back regularly soon. new house has a lot more room so a more dedicated space for the rig!
Yep, that's a lot on your plate!

Offline Dave O

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2018, 11:22:18 PM »
Thanks for the setup Wally  :) will give it a try ;)
NEVER TOO OLD TO RACE ... being competitive can be a PROBLEM though.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2018, 06:15:14 PM »
Server's up!

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2018, 08:14:16 PM »

Waiting in anticipation to beat you again  :P  But will be good to see you on track again.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 09:56:57 PM by Mael »

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2018, 10:28:43 PM »

Waiting in anticipation to beat you again  :P  But will be good to see you on track again.

that's why you jumped the light right? scared seeing me behind you  ;D

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2018, 10:31:20 PM »
Here's some race results (races 1 and 3):

RACE 1
RACE 3
« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 10:04:20 AM by Wally »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2018, 10:07:52 AM »
I found the main aspects to this car were that it's easy for anybody to make a mistake that can shuffle the field. Miss a gear change, destroy their gearbox, cook their tyres. You need to manage the car to a degree, so smooth driving is rewarded. It takes more skill than simply being fast. It's physically harder work, I found, and rewarding to race.

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2018, 11:20:37 AM »
I found the main aspects to this car were that it's easy for anybody to make a mistake that can shuffle the field. Miss a gear change, destroy their gearbox, cook their tyres. You need to manage the car to a degree, so smooth driving is rewarded. It takes more skill than simply being fast. It's physically harder work, I found, and rewarding to race.
Agreed. Hold the gas flat out + a quick pump of the clutch on the up-shift seems to work, heel and toe down shifts with a fair bit of throttle blip as well. Like most cars you can tune them to be easy to drive or tune them to be fast. I don't mind these cars, as mentioned, rewarding when you can it working

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal