Xtreme Gaming Network

S17 R13 - Aintree - 09/05/2019

Author Topic: S17 R13 - Aintree - 09/05/2019  (Read 17068 times)

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: S17 R13 - Aintree - 09/05/2019
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2019, 07:37:14 AM »
Did you see this Phil? track has been updated by Seanus.
social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline Phil.8

• Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2019, 05:30:55 PM »
yes and server has been updated
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Dave O

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2019, 05:53:48 PM »
Not going to make this round either Phil  :-[  Sharkies playing Thursday night again in Brisbane  ;)

Have fun all, and thanks for the season Phil, great job  :)  Cheers Dave O.
NEVER TOO OLD TO RACE ... being competitive can be a PROBLEM though.

Offline Phil.8

• Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2019, 10:22:35 PM »
Not going to make this round either Phil  :-[  Sharkies playing Thursday night again in Brisbane  ;)

Have fun all, and thanks for the season Phil, great job  :)  Cheers Dave O.

Me either, I have a wedding to go to,  I know who the hell has a wedding on a Thursday :(

anyway if not enough people to race maybe Wally will have a fun run or maybe a week off,  but I don't mind if the race goes ahead, I am just thinking it might be boring with only a few people

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2019, 08:19:34 AM »
As a gesture of thanks to Phil for putting together a great selection of tracks, including the oval , could we postpone next round so we have a good rollup for the last track in this series with this great mod :).

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2019, 11:47:58 AM »
OK, I'll set up some kind of random fun run. Seanus, do you have any cars you want to try?
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Seanus

• ∞+1|ℵ₀ Seanus
    • View Profile
    • GzeroD's output
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2019, 01:07:20 PM »
Various Fun run cars.  :P

Stick them all on the sever when you get the time. I'll test then and any that turn out to be borked we can cull.
Tracks? Some favourites or something new, anyone else have something in mind?
I always knew the Sun shone out of my arse. Sean's bum is an anagram of Sunbeams.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2019, 07:56:28 PM »
Various Fun run cars.  :P

Stick them all on the sever when you get the time. I'll test then and any that turn out to be borked we can cull.
Tracks? Some favourites or something new, anyone else have something in mind?
OK, I've put those cars on the practice server (just default skins for now) and just left the track at Aintree.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Seanus

• ∞+1|ℵ₀ Seanus
    • View Profile
    • GzeroD's output
Oh oh
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2019, 09:21:06 PM »
OK, I've put those cars on the practice server (just default skins for now) and just left the track at Aintree.

Thanks Wally,.............but I'm getting a mismatch, did you get my updated version of Aintree, see above, or if so perhaps switch to a Kunos track. Soz for the hassles.
I always knew the Sun shone out of my arse. Sean's bum is an anagram of Sunbeams.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Oh oh
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2019, 10:53:08 PM »

Thanks Wally,.............but I'm getting a mismatch, did you get my updated version of Aintree, see above, or if so perhaps switch to a Kunos track. Soz for the hassles.
I downloaded the track from RD tonight, then I got a mismatch on Phil's server. I updated the server, then I could join. The track was updated in March. Maybe you need to re-download the track?

Offline Seanus

• ∞+1|ℵ₀ Seanus
    • View Profile
    • GzeroD's output
Re: Aintree Fixed
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2019, 11:02:40 PM »
...I downloaded the track from RD tonight, then I got a mismatch on Phil's server. I updated the server, then I could join. The track was updated in March. Maybe you need to re-download the track?
Aintree

Physics mesh was merely a copy of the visible mesh and thus redundant, worse, it had been smoothed without being stitched back together so all the seams got separated and most of the bumps you felt were actually holes in the mesh.

Tweaked a few shader values, removed the sticky walls and added working Pitlane. Not tested much, but hope it should all work now.
;) It's not me who needs to update.  ;)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Aintree Fixed
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2019, 07:37:26 AM »
...I downloaded the track from RD tonight, then I got a mismatch on Phil's server. I updated the server, then I could join. The track was updated in March. Maybe you need to re-download the track?
Aintree

Physics mesh was merely a copy of the visible mesh and thus redundant, worse, it had been smoothed without being stitched back together so all the seams got separated and most of the bumps you felt were actually holes in the mesh.

Tweaked a few shader values, removed the sticky walls and added working Pitlane. Not tested much, but hope it should all work now.
;) It's not me who needs to update.  ;)
Thanks, fixed.

Offline Phil.8

• Δ8
    • View Profile

Offline Phil.8

• Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2019, 08:37:06 PM »
Should I change to a shorter easier less bumpy track ? or of those who have tried happy with it ?

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2019, 09:51:55 PM »
Should I change to a shorter easier less bumpy track ? or of those who have tried happy with it ?
I thought it was ok phil, you get used to bumps after a few laps and I like the location , it is very atmospheric.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal