Xtreme Gaming Network

Round 1: Silverstone Race Chat

Author Topic: Round 1: Silverstone Race Chat  (Read 82815 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Round 1: Silverstone Race Chat
« on: July 24, 2014, 02:37:25 PM »
Let the trash talk begin.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
Re: Round 1: Silverstone Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2014, 02:45:06 PM »
Let the trash talk begin.

Cramdick Racing will, at the very least, be the most handsome team this season.

EDIT: I am looking forward to Silverstone. it's a favorite and has some great elements that can always be taken that little bit faster it seems.
I think i'm 7 seconds off the pace but after a long team meeting (without Cramjet). Cramjet has reasured me he is sure thing for a podium finish.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 02:49:51 PM by Dick Forrest »

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2014, 03:15:53 PM »
Should be quite interesting here with the drafting I assume its the GP version we are on for this round and 10-12 laps is quite a bit for the softs, as I tried running them at Blackwood in the races and I cooked them quite badly. Last race I got a bit more slidey early and had them completely gone by lap 5 or 6 finishing on 91% I think. Setup needs some changes between qualy and race unless your going to pull away out front redbull style in years gone by where running high DF worked but in the pack you need a bit more speed to take advantage of the drafts.

Would be nice if Spa is out by the end of the season to finish off there in style too.  ;)

Rolz

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2014, 03:30:46 PM »
Booyaa! Can't wait  ;D

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2014, 03:36:30 PM »
Yep, GP version.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2014, 04:11:32 PM »
Achilles Heels has been practicing its defensive maneuvers in the off season.  Essentially, if you see a little red arrow on your screen then turn into it until you hear a thud.

Should be a fun season and interesting to see how the races pan out with all of us having the same car + slip streaming.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2014, 04:19:21 PM »
Would be nice if Spa is out by the end of the season to finish off there in style too.  ;)
It would be nice but I believe they've already said Spa won't be released on Early Access, probably with the initial release.

I guess I am slow and not driving the car hard enough, I ran softs all 3 races @ Blackwood with wear between 96% (1st race, lots of spins) and 98% (3rd race, no spins). :-\
That, or my understeering setup is tyre friendly. ;)

2+2=√16

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2014, 04:23:44 PM »
It would be nice but I believe they've already said Spa won't be released on Early Access, probably with the initial release.

I guess I am slow and not driving the car hard enough, I ran softs all 3 races @ Blackwood with wear between 96% (1st race, lots of spins) and 98% (3rd race, no spins). :-\

You may have been using a setup that had very little toe, camber and soft damper settings.  Possibly higher tyre pressures also.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2014, 04:41:41 PM »
Achilles Heels has been practicing its defensive maneuvers in the off season.  Essentially, if you see a little red arrow on your screen then turn into it until you hear a thud.

I thought it was Mario kart and the red arrow is where the bonus points were.  Extra points if the car has the same skin as yours ;D

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2014, 04:45:21 PM »

Driving style and setup will have a fair effect on wear but also blackwood laps were in the low 1's Silverstone will be in the low 2's so nearly twice the distance per lap with much higher load corners at Silverstone also. The wear you got after 10 laps at Blackwood would be about half race distance at Silverstone.

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2014, 04:56:00 PM »
Is there a chance that, cause Blackwood is a port, that tyre ware might be a bit dodgy? And we will get different results on AC tracks?

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2014, 05:31:13 PM »
Yes, all those things Guy, done intentionally. ;)
And yes Marty, Silverstone will be a completely different beast, it's always a test for tyres on the edge. :D

2+2=√16

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2014, 05:59:35 PM »
Yes, all those things Guy, done intentionally. ;)
And yes Marty, Silverstone will be a completely different beast, it's always a test for tyres on the edge. :D

Not really surface friction is still the same or close to most default tracks, ita more down to the tyres then anything else and I think you will get more benefit practicing race runs then qualy laps. If you get good consistant pace over a race distance it wont be too hard for you to make some minor setup changes and put on soft tyres to get good qualy pace.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2014, 06:18:16 PM »
Silverstone's challenge (for the tyres) is the amount of fast corners where the temps really rise.
(especially Copse into Maggots/Becketts/Chapell as there's no time to cool down)
And I only ever practice race setups, qually is just my first flying lap pace. :-[

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2014, 08:07:22 AM »
Now that the server can enforce the damage setting, damage will be ON. All this means at this stage is that you can blow your engine. You won't get damage from hitting walls etc.

I've also enabled dynamic grip. This means that at the start of practice, the track will have 90% grip and grip up as more laps are put down. Then qually will keep half the grip gained in practice, I.e. start from 95% and grip up. So there will be more grip at the end of the qually session. Then race will start from 97.5% grip.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal