Xtreme Gaming Network

Round 5 - Eastern Creek (Gardener) Thursday 23rd June

Author Topic: Round 5 - Eastern Creek (Gardener) Thursday 23rd June  (Read 32169 times)

Offline Phil.8

• Δ8
    • View Profile
Re: Round 5 - Eastern Creek (Gardener) Thursday 23rd June
« Reply #60 on: June 23, 2016, 10:21:29 PM »
That was an awesome night's racing. Race 1 was great to get a win but race 2 was the most intense fun I've had on track for a while. Gratulin almost pulled off the drive of the night though. Great racing everyone.... ;)

Was an awesome nights racing,  and the more I drive the gt40 and play with setup the more I like it, would make a good season sometime I think
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 23, 2016, 10:51:19 PM »
Yes. That turned out pretty good fun. Race 1 was turning out to be a hot lap session for me until AJ decided to pit and ended up behind me. I managed to hold him off for the last few laps. All I remember of Race 2 is slideways headlights in my rear mirrors!!!!

It was pretty interesting between the BMW and Porsche. The Porsche had to brake early and gently but could power out of the corners faster than the BMW due to the ballast in the BMW. So I could hold off the Beemers but once they were ahead the Porsche couldn't keep up.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 24, 2016, 07:58:25 AM »
Race 1 ended up a bit of a lonely hotlapping session, but still fun in the GT40.

In race 2 I got turned around from behind, when someone else was starting to spin in front of me. That put me to the back of the pack, but I eventually caught up with the GT40's of Phil and Rob, and I think it was Humper in front of them. I managed to get on the end of the train, but only passed Rob after he spun.

I certainly wouldn't mind a season of the GT40's. It was one of the options I put up for the Tuesday night poll.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2016, 08:25:49 AM »
Just my F***ing  luck, halfway through qualify my internet went down, not to return till this morning!!!  It really pleases when at least a few people really enjoy the racing, which is the intention of the car and track selection in the first place.

Congratulations to Slideways on the wins and the other podium finishers, it looks like I missed a pretty good night :'(

See you next week for the final round.
social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline slideways

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 24, 2016, 08:45:16 AM »
Well that sucks mate. Wondered where you disappeared to. Was a great night. Hate it when your ISP decides the outcome.... :-\ >:(

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #65 on: June 24, 2016, 09:03:33 AM »
I had a ball, with Wally in.front and Rob behind, there were always chance for the the 3 of us, but came home in that order.
Like the porsche, a good selection for the track, and once again great to have a mixed field.
Bad luck roo, crap timing.
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Phil.8

• Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 24, 2016, 11:19:38 AM »
Yeah that sux rooshooter, I was wondering where you went

Offline humper

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 24, 2016, 12:37:48 PM »
Yeah that sux rooshooter, I was wondering where you went

It's ture Roo. Phil was on radio so much in race 2 trying to work out if anyone knew what had happened to you, he forgot about driving the car. Right up until the last lap flag where he decided drop the hammer.

Also noticed in the results Phil seems to be everyones rival! It's Phil vs. the world  ;)

Offline Phil.8

• Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 24, 2016, 01:50:24 PM »
lol

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 24, 2016, 05:03:12 PM »
Just my F***ing  luck, halfway through qualify my internet went down, not to return till this morning!!!  It really pleases when at least a few people really enjoy the racing, which is the intention of the car and track selection in the first place.

Congratulations to Slideways on the wins and the other podium finishers, it looks like I missed a pretty good night :'(

See you next week for the final round.
Don't worry mate. Both political parties have promised to fix the NBN.

WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #70 on: June 24, 2016, 07:46:41 PM »
Just watched the footage for race one, Humper was pushing me for the first 7 laps, he and I had maintained the same gap, not sure why you didn't get passed me, you were getting the apex on just about every corner... I think if you hadn't caught the edge mid race,, we would have still be in the same position at the flag.

Offline humper

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 25, 2016, 12:41:44 PM »
Just watched the footage for race one, Humper was pushing me for the first 7 laps, he and I had maintained the same gap, not sure why you didn't get passed me, you were getting the apex on just about every corner... I think if you hadn't caught the edge mid race,, we would have still be in the same position at the flag.

Yeah don't think I was ever getting past you Bruce as you had a much better handle on the 906's sensitive brake pedal. I may have been on the apex but it was probably only through early braking and low corner speed in fear of getting it catastrophically wrong. I do remember seeing you with a locked brake mid corner and wondering how you were able to get away with it. Good work anyway I thought you drove it well.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #72 on: June 28, 2016, 02:12:20 PM »
I do remember seeing you with a locked brake mid corner and wondering how you were able to get away with it. Good work anyway I thought you drove it well.
thanks Humper, and I took the gamma out of the brakes to direct linear, with the gamma set I just locked the front or the rear no matter where is set the brake balance, so a last minute desperation change between qual and race worked.
I did like seeing the the lockup smoke mid corner, the trail braking made a huge difference, removing the "Fear Factor" :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal