Xtreme Gaming Network

Season 5 - Round 1: Thursday 21stJuly

Author Topic: Season 5 - Round 1: Thursday 21stJuly  (Read 14608 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Season 5 - Round 1: Thursday 21stJuly
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2016, 10:11:03 AM »
I had a couple of slip ups at turn 1 too, spinning once because if the outside kerb, giving Rob a chance to catch up.

I  fiddled with the gearing, bit it didn't feel quite right.  I used the new Race Essentials app which wanted me to shift at 6000 rpm, at peak power.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2016, 12:06:54 PM »
Pretty challenging circuit. Spins seemed to mix up the order a bit. The top three seemed to be in the 55s mostly. Too fast for most of us.

Offline rob

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2016, 01:32:27 PM »
I  fiddled with the gearing, bit it didn't feel quite right.  I used the new Race Essentials app which wanted me to shift at 6000 rpm, at peak power.

Wally, I was changing at 7000 rpm. According to the car specification page max torque was at 5K and max power at 6k. I changed the gearing so that changing at 7k was right in the range of max torque. It didn't help much as you were still faster than me on the night, but I had some great (albeit lonely) fun.

Its nice not to be at the rear of the field as is my usual style.

I think that as ppl get used to the car it will tighten up the field for some close racing.

rob

Offline Ley Ying Lo

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2016, 02:33:19 PM »
Qualified 5th and finished 7th. Really happy I managed to complete my first endurance race without major incident. I had two silly spin outs after clipping the inside curb.

Last six laps were really intense, trying to put some pressure on AJ.

Great race.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2016, 02:35:30 PM »

Wally, I was changing at 7000 rpm. According to the car specification page max torque was at 5K and max power at 6k. I changed the gearing so that changing at 7k was right in the range of max torque. It didn't help much as you were still faster than me on the night, but I had some great (albeit lonely) fun.

I think that as ppl get used to the car it will tighten up the field for some close racing.

rob

But Max torque was 5k, not 7k?
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2016, 04:10:53 PM »
Thanks for the result  Phil,
Well I didn't do any practice thinking that there was a week to go...  hmm who's fault it that?

Great car,  enjoyed driving it although was out of the mix with the jump start.  I had never had the lights missing before, and then twice in one night.  Cool with it as it was isolated, and restarting would have been too disruptive and no guarantee that it wouldn't happen again.

I see Hornbag and myself were about the same lap times, although as has proven in the past, newbies get better and I still stay about the same heheh.  Good night Hornbag, well done, new car, new track, new to online and having to put in an enduro first off!

see you all next week.

"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2016, 04:42:19 PM »
Good to be back!

Had about 15 minutes practice once I got my mic/speakers setup properly.  Made some changes to the setup before the race without testing, which felt OK but didn't seem that quick (it is never the driver!).

I had to pull over and take a phone call a few laps into the race, and then afterwards I realised I still had the mic around my neck so apologies to those that were subject to a random conversation with a luggage courier (bloody airline lost my luggage).

Thanks for the night.  They seem like fun cars.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2016, 06:59:25 PM »
Good to be back!

Had about 15 minutes practice once I got my mic/speakers setup properly.  Made some changes to the setup before the race without testing, which felt OK but didn't seem that quick (it is never the driver!).

I had to pull over and take a phone call a few laps into the race, and then afterwards I realised I still had the mic around my neck so apologies to those that were subject to a random conversation with a luggage courier (bloody airline lost my luggage).

Thanks for the night.  They seem like fun cars.

I asked you to read out your credit card number, but you must not have heard.

Offline rob

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2016, 08:34:49 PM »

rob

But Max torque was 5k, not 7k?

Sorry Wally, I meant that by changing at 7k it dropped the revs back to 5k which is in the max torque range.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2016, 08:47:28 PM »
I guess that's the optimal shifting, huh? Taking power and torque into consideration?

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2016, 12:58:37 AM »
Qualified 5th and finished 7th. Really happy I managed to complete my first endurance race without major incident. I had two silly spin outs after clipping the inside curb.

Great race.

There were a few points there where I was sure you had me! Good racing mate :)

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2016, 08:34:06 AM »

Great race.
You had a good night, pleased to see you, not when you lap me though  :D.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2016, 08:36:21 AM »
Sorry to Andrew I had a fade   both mentally and driving. I had been watching the blue flag/mirror to intensely and stuffed that turn. It pushed you well back, big apology.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2016, 08:40:55 AM »
Sorry to Andrew I had a fade   both mentally and driving. I had been watching the blue flag/mirror to intensely and stuffed that turn. It pushed you well back, big apology.
Haha. Part of the fun. I was sitting back watching you fishtail out of the last corner and picked the wrong direction to go. Then I fishtailed myself into the wall  ;D It put me back behind Joe again so had some fun chasing him down a second time. Joe then kindly spun on T1 for me  :D

I had created my own havoc on lap 1 by not sticking to my side through T1 (accidentally!!) so apologies for whoever I took out there.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal