Xtreme Gaming Network

S10R8: Barcelona GP Pre-Race Chat

Author Topic: S10R8: Barcelona GP Pre-Race Chat  (Read 24934 times)

Offline christopheraser

• View Profile
Re: S10R8: Barcelona GP Pre-Race Chat
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2016, 01:32:45 PM »
Thanks for the series Wally, unfortunately I still find many aspects of this game frustrating when compared to RF2. I will keep an eye out for one off events as I'm keen to see how they develop it especially alongside what I can only assume will be a doomed console release, but I'm not going to be buying any more content from Kunos.

Quite funny you had to throw in the rf2 comment, also a doomed console release whats the point of saying that lol.

Because it's the truth. I do find a lot of little frustrating things that add up to make a big difference to me. I also think that releasing the game on console is pointless and a waste of resources on behalf of Kunos and I don't plan on funding it any more.

Whats funny about it? I think they have misread the console landscape if they think people will drop Forza or Project Cars to play AC on their Xbone or PS4. I would never have purchased AC if I thought they were going to spend time and resources developing it for consoles when they haven't even finished the PC version of the game.

It's also important to note that I am not leaving the league due to anything other than me not liking the title. I think it's ran really well and from that stand point I would race here again in the future if AC gets better or if we were racing another title.

Answer your question did I marty? Lol
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 02:10:50 PM by christopheraser »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2016, 02:18:34 PM »
No worries, Chris, thanks for racing with us, and have a good birthday.

The console release makes sense from a business point of view. It will make them lots of money, and maybe fund AC2, who knows. I would prefer that they polish up some of the race elements on the PC first, but what I want won't necessarily be the same as their business goals.

KS have said that there are some improvements and optimisations that will find their way into the PC release.

Apparently we might be getting MP time progression in 1.5, which would be nice for a little more immersion, to drive on a track where the lighting conditions are changing.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline christopheraser

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2016, 02:33:01 PM »
The console release makes sense from a business point of view. It will make them lots of money, and maybe fund AC2, who knows. I would prefer that they polish up some of the race elements on the PC first, but what I want won't necessarily be the same as their business goals.

Apparently we might be getting MP time progression in 1.5, which would be nice for a little more immersion, to drive on a track where the lighting conditions are changing.

I obviously don't share your optimism, but as an owner of the AC I hope you are right.

That's the kind of thing I want to hear! Hopefully the track temps will change too. 

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2016, 03:24:14 PM »
Hey guys...more drama here,yesterday i left the pc on to download fifa16 and when i came back i found win10 on the monitor,saying:  we have update the pc for you.!!!   knoth!!!
Well dunno how that thing happened but assetto corsa is not working together with my pedals. ..furk ye!!!

I have uninstalled AC  and i will try to install it again and see what happen but the pedals are working off and on with iracing as well

.....and i am way too busy at work to be haraSSED by this crap

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2016, 03:31:25 PM »
read this thread, Simone:
https://www.reddit.com/r/technology/comments/4a0asv/warning_windows_7_computers_are_being_reported_as/

You can revert back to win7/8, luckily.  But yeah, this is nasty what microsoft is doing lately.

It's strongly recommended to switch off the recommended updates, and only allow the critical ones - and only manually. Also; running one of the win10 switch-off scripts maybe a prudent step (although too late for you at this point, Simone)

Best of luck in any case!

p.s. if you have a legit windows, call them and pour out your heart to them.  They need to hear about it.  The way they push this garbage on people is not funny.  There must be something utterly nefarious about win10 - more than the already documented spying.  They really-really want everyone on it...
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 03:39:58 PM by Bird »

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2016, 05:08:54 PM »
Yea thx bird for the advice,i went back to 7 and the pedals are working like a charm,but all this is incredible!!!

Unfortunately in the panic i have uninstalled AC and i will download it tonight again!!    dunno very sneaky way to make businness this microsoft

« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 05:12:56 PM by Simone »

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2016, 07:30:17 PM »
 >:(...............................the pc is telling me i got 59 min before the update to win10 starts....i mean...i would not mind to instal win10 but not now,especially when my racing sim and pedals arre not working with it.I also uninstalled the kb3035583 update and now the icon on the trau has disappeared......i am scared!!!    i wonder what they can put in my pc????!!!!!! :-\

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2016, 07:33:45 PM »
Keep reading.  They've actually put some of the anon back-reporting stuff into win7 updates.   The actual list to disable to get rid of all of it is quite long.  Attached is a bat file which disables all updates that are not welcome.  Look into it how long it is.

But first, reject the win10 update or revert it.

There are programs around that may go even deeper wrt removing the garbage. (one recommendation is in the reddit thread's op I've given you earlier)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 07:35:27 PM by Bird »

Offline trackmeister

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2016, 09:46:55 PM »
Hi Guys
Is the practice server an accurate gauge of fuel use and tyre wear? Not sure where to look to find that info.
Thanks
Ben

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2016, 09:52:48 PM »
yeah the praccy server should be exact same as race server for tyre wear and fuel x
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2016, 12:43:01 PM »
I've just checked the practice server. It had the wrong fuel rate, 1.5x. It should be 2.5x, which I've fixed now.

If you've done any fuel calcs based on the prac server, multiply your fuel by 1.7. E.g. if you thought a stint needed 80l, make it 80 * 1.7 = 136.

Tyre rate was too low as well.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 01:26:25 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2016, 01:18:31 PM »
Hey guys!!

Sorry but i cant be there tonight i have a large amount of work,plus by the time i get home it will be 7.30(Sydney time) and i really need a shower and have a peaceful dinner,you understand guys.

Have fun and will see you soon...sorry not a very lucky season this one!!!

« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 01:20:06 PM by Simone »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2016, 01:22:24 PM »
Hey guys!!

Sorry but i cant be there tonight i have a large amount of work,plus by the time i get home it will be 7.30(Sydney time) and i really need a shower and have a peaceful dinner,you understand guys.

Have fun and will see you soon...sorry not a very lucky season this one!!!

Tomorrow night?

Rolz

« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2016, 01:36:08 PM »
I'll be putting in a few hours praccy tonight... only just got back last night from a week away so no track time at all for current conditions.  :o

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2016, 02:12:23 PM »
I'll be putting in a few hours praccy tonight... only just got back last night from a week away so no track time at all for current conditions.  :o
Well you'll be right on the practice server.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal