Xtreme Gaming Network

S32R6 - Imola

Author Topic: S32R6 - Imola  (Read 8886 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S32R6 - Imola
« on: March 31, 2020, 10:52:58 PM »
Another dominant round win by Joe. Wally and ab156 move up 2 places each, with Mael, Phil and Joe taking out the fastest laps over the three races.

RACE 1 RESULTS
RACE 2 RESULTS
RACE 3 RESULTS
SEASON STANDINGS
SEASON STATS

Round Points
Joe   81
Wally   54
killagorilla   42
ab156   34
Freezer   33
Phil.8   21
bradc   13
Mael   10
AGK   8
JamieP   8
Rob   7
DaveReid   7
Bacchulum   1

Penalties
Race 1
Mael hit the rear of AGK coming into a corner, spinning him – 25 kg penalty.

Race 2
A tough one to call. Killa, Freezer and Bradc were three wide, with Brad going wide to the right to pass a slow starting Freezer. Freezer was pretty much on the normal racing line, and it looked to me like he was surprised by Brad appearing to the right. Freezer had a little wobble, and touched wheels with Brad, starting a collision. I’m calling this a racing incident.

Season Standings
1. Joe, 396
2. killagorilla, 242
3. Wally, 175 (up from 5th).

Krahl Racing maintain their lead in the teams standings over Maki Engineering.

It's going to be fairly cold: 9, 11 and 11 degrees.

11 lap races.

[youtube]7FR0-bZpyrQ[/youtube]
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 10:47:22 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: S32R6 - Imola
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2020, 12:54:30 AM »
For posterity, before Joe's cheating takes effect   :P

Offline Jarmel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2020, 02:07:41 PM »
Unfortunately won't be able to make it tonight, have to be up again at 3.30 for stocktaking.  :(

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2020, 06:02:27 PM »
Server's up.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline davereid

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2020, 10:29:42 PM »
race 2 incident - it all started in front and then you can see in my mirrors the carnage

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2020, 10:46:17 PM »
Race two incident!  As I got away I saw that Brad behind had jumped fast and was coming up my right and it was to late to do anything so I held my line.  As Brad started to go by I had
Killa to my left and the gap seemed to be getting smaller from my view.  I jinked left a bit then slightly right and Brad and I touched wheels.  From there the spinning cars
caused a lot of chaos behind as people attempted to avoid things.  Don't think Brad did anything wrong.  I moved slightly and a small touch cause a big mess.....

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2020, 10:48:08 PM »
That was some spectacular crash, and the video in VR looks great.

Results are up in the 1st post.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2020, 11:48:25 PM »
My night went like Rick's simulator built, when you pull out a chainsaw you know it's going wrong   ;D

Offline davereid

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2020, 08:37:26 AM »
That was some spectacular crash, and the video in VR looks great.

I do love my VR its great.  what you see there isn't a very accurate reflection though of what its like inside it.  When in VR, you computer displays a single eye version which is essentially a 2d version without depth.  same as normal gaming I guess.

what you don't really appreciate I guess until you get your head in one, is how little head movements become natural and while triple screening is great - if I raise or lower my head, my whole perception changes and same with turning.   it just feels very natural. 

That being said, I'm on an oculus rift s, and the graphics that are outputted to monitors are far better than what is inside the headset.  headsets just don't have the resolution or clarity yet.  However, you very quickly get over that and suffer the lesser res/quality for greater immersion.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2020, 09:50:25 AM »
Great result for me, with three 2nd places after qualifying 5th. I think the soft tyres gave me good enough pace in the opening laps to make some early moves and then make them stick. I was quick off the line with the softs.

Offline ab156

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2020, 11:58:39 AM »
Really solid night of racing.  Was surprised to get on the front row in quali, so much so I forgot to load race setup - sorry guys.

Spent most of the night in battles with Killa it seemed...  Race 1 was especially good.  Really close racing, and overtaking, for all 11 laps with zero contacts.

Dave inspired me to put a video together over morning coffee.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 01:13:39 PM by ab156 »

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2020, 04:51:24 PM »
Great videos...thanks. Yeah, lots of close battles with ab156 and Wally. I only had to shoot Wally off once to let him know he's too slow...otherwise he's been fast...too fast actually  ;)
Didn't manage to work out what tyres were better, but I think the mediums worked well.
Cheers

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2020, 06:11:03 PM »
Really solid night of racing.  Was surprised to get on the front row in quali, so much so I forgot to load race setup - sorry guys.

Spent most of the night in battles with Killa it seemed...  Race 1 was especially good.  Really close racing, and overtaking, for all 11 laps with zero contacts.

Dave inspired me to put a video together over morning coffee.

Nicely done AB - nice editing.

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2020, 06:17:42 PM »
Nice AB  :) 8).
social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2020, 09:29:07 PM »
Race two incident!  As I got away I saw that Brad behind had jumped fast and was coming up my right and it was to late to do anything so I held my line.  As Brad started to go by I had
Killa to my left and the gap seemed to be getting smaller from my view.  I jinked left a bit then slightly right and Brad and I touched wheels.  From there the spinning cars
caused a lot of chaos behind as people attempted to avoid things.  Don't think Brad did anything wrong.  I moved slightly and a small touch cause a big mess.....

The replay tends to suggest that what I had thought happened at the time didn’t match reality. I know I got a great start but at the time I had thought I’d moved a little too much to the left as the road started to bend and caused everything. Just one of those things I guess, it’s a really hard call as three into one just doesn’t fit.

To be honest this really didn’t bother me as I was rather pissed off after race 1 where I finished 5th. Now normally a top 5 finish is something I would be celebrating but after a mega start I was sitting pretty in 3rd behind Wally and catching him around 4 tenths a lap until Phil who was a lap down in 12th decided to unlap himself on the run into turn 1. To be honest I didn’t see this coming and it was rather messy, compounded by his slow exit of the chicane saw me lose two seconds on Wally in this first sector alone. Normally this wasn’t much of a deal as I expected Phil to blast off into the distance as that’s what usually happens, but tonight was different. For the next couple of laps my frustration levels mounted as everywhere I was fast Phil was slow and vice versa. In the end, with so much dirty air and compromised corner speed I had several big understeer moments and cooked my front tyres trying to make a pass on the 12th place car, all the while losing time to 2nd place Wally. Several laps later Phil moved over, but the damage was done and I should have settled for 3rd, but with the red mist running on overboost in my efforts to try and bridge the gap back to Wally I managed to catch a curb and spin, resulting in a 5th place finish.....

Race 3 was another disappointment as I’m sure frustration and anger from the previous two races were getting to me. I made more mistakes and came home last. One thing I did noticed about Imola was how I made my speed was pretty much the opposite to everyone else. Last week at Snetterton I found a set up which game me great mid corner grip and off corner acceleration. At Imola I thought by tweaking what I had last night would have helped by running big downforce hoping for massive corner speed where as the field seemed to have a much lower down force and higher top speed. Lessons learnt for another night.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal