Xtreme Gaming Network

S21 R2 - Auto di Mores - 07-05-2020

Author Topic: S21 R2 - Auto di Mores - 07-05-2020  (Read 7680 times)

Offline Phil.8

• Δ8
    • View Profile
S21 R2 - Auto di Mores - 07-05-2020
« on: April 30, 2020, 06:54:20 PM »
R2  - Auto di Mores

More Info with links to cars and track downloads
http://xgn.com.au/index.php?topic=2851.0

http://52.63.217.129:50041/championship?cs_id=14

http://52.63.217.129:50041/sessionstat

Discord
https://discord.gg/fWYBSxp

"Don't let the tough Thursday lads intimidate you!"
Bruce Rook
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Jarmel

• View Profile
Re: S21 R2 - Auto di Mores - 07-05-2020
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2020, 01:15:06 PM »
I will work on a specific setup for this track over the weekend and post on here for the Fezza.

However in the mean time if you want to tinker here few things about the ferrari to help with your setup.

The Setup in this post is my best so far  http://xgn.com.au/index.php?topic=2852.msg53071#msg53071 .   For di mores you may need to adjust tyre pressures .

I am confident the camber and toe settings are pretty good, but does not mean its perfect. When you adjust toe you may need to adjust camber as well.
Undecided whether a neutral toe or slight negative toe is best both seem to turn in alot better than a positive toe , however if you get it to turn in to well the rear end grip can't cope with it and will try to snap alot. Its about getting that balance between the two (recurring theme alert). It is a pity there is no way to adjust the rear end wheels.

Use ride height to adjust the balance of the car between front and rear. Its about getting the balance you like between the power on oversteer or power off understeer
The car is notorious for power off understeer,  stiffening the front roll bar may help,  lower the front ride height (at the expense of rear end grip )
Also agree with bacc that stiffer springs seem the best way to go with these cars.

Brake bias is something i havn't touched and may well help things ?

I thought this car would be easy to setup as there isn't alot of options but almost every option you adjust affects the other options.

Adjust roll bar camber needs changing, adjust springs camber needs changing etc :

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2020, 08:17:31 AM »
I am sure all the time you are putting into this is appreciated by all Jarmel, but I hope it has not become too onerous a task that you would not like to repeat it :'(.
social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2020, 08:21:24 AM »
Another set of sets (for those who don't use pTracker). 8)

2+2=√16

Offline Jarmel

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2020, 11:39:24 AM »
I am sure all the time you are putting into this is appreciated by all Jarmel, but I hope it has not become too onerous a task that you would not like to repeat it :'(.

Yeah I have burnt out a bit doing this. No regrets though as was having fun at the time. But now I havn't driven any racing sim since Thursday and opted not to race last Tuesday also. I've also stopped the acc league racing for now but that's more to do with not wanting to drive the aston.
If I found another good combo of cars would do it again and 2nd time around it would be much easier and quicker to do.
For this series I have balanced the cars at each track three times due to finding better ways to do it.
They are all done and will only require small adjustments for the next 4 tracks which is an easy 15 minutes fix.

All though for the last round was thinking of unleashing all the cars and have a stock series of 4x6 laps single make races.

Offline Phil.8

• Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2020, 06:05:36 PM »
Bump

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2020, 07:54:25 AM »
You know when something is a once in a lifetime event, this is one of them :o ;D

http://52.63.217.129:50041/lapstat
social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2020, 10:19:30 AM »
Nice work Roo, only 1 lap more than Phil so legit, too. 8) ;D

2+2=√16

Offline ab156

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2020, 01:57:46 PM »

Yeah I have burnt out a bit doing this. No regrets though as was having fun at the time. But now I havn't driven any racing sim since Thursday and opted not to race last Tuesday also. I've also stopped the acc league racing for now but that's more to do with not wanting to drive the aston.

Mate, I think we have all been here at some stage, that is why it is great to have new people join with fresh ideas and a willingness to contribute.  Your efforts are appreciated (and you get a "pass" card for running another season until you want to)!

Offline Phil.8

• Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2020, 07:19:06 PM »

Mate, I think we have all been here at some stage, that is why it is great to have new people join with fresh ideas and a willingness to contribute.  Your efforts are appreciated (and you get a "pass" card for running another season until you want to)!

+1

Offline Phil.8

• Δ8
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 09:37:01 PM by Phil.8 »

Offline imperious

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2020, 10:11:04 PM »
My Apologies to all for that unnecessary Rant at the end of race 2.
Whatever was going through my mind was rubbish.

Great racing all. 

Offline Jarmel

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2020, 06:34:32 PM »

Thanks ,
Might need to clarify , it wasn't doing this season burnt me out , it was practising alot for ACC and I tried so hard and put so much time into the RSS formula season. Doing this season, while has taken alot of time to do it was a nice change from the constant practising i was doing.

Allready have some ideas on what to do for another season.

Offline Jarmel

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2020, 06:45:27 PM »
My Apologies to all for that unnecessary Rant at the end of race 2.
Whatever was going through my mind was rubbish.

Great racing all.

In all my gaming life, sim racing has to be the number one thing to get the emotions going the highs and lows are far greater than in any other type of gaming I have experienced.

I can fully understand your thought process.
I was behind you both times when the things you mentioned happened and you did get the effected both times and with out knowing what the truth was it was a reasonable thing to mention if what you thought happened actually happened. At the time I thought the same thing did they slow on purpose .
This is why replays are good to actually see what happened, alltho it sucks when you think someone has crashed into you and looking at the replay you think oh shit that was my fault. :( .

Was good racing  !

Offline imperious

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2020, 05:39:24 PM »
Thanks Jarmel.  I was in a bit of a ratty mood last Thursday and Friday, no idea why but won't be tonight   :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal