Xtreme Gaming Network

Tue Jul 28 Fun Run - ATCC Group A & C @ Mugello

Author Topic: Tue Jul 28 Fun Run - ATCC Group A & C @ Mugello  (Read 5061 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Tue Jul 28 Fun Run - ATCC Group A & C @ Mugello
« on: July 22, 2020, 07:44:01 PM »
We'll try both the Group A and C ATCC cars at Mugello, to see how group A and C compares. Cars are up on the practice server.

A few 7 lap sprints.

So I can make more cars available, you will have to download and install the OSRW extra pits mod [DOWNLOAD].
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Tue Jul 28 Fun Run - ATCC Group A & C @ Mugello
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2020, 07:24:13 AM »
Looks like the group A's are faster than the group C's.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2020, 11:27:15 PM »
Looks like the group A's are faster than the group C's.
Group C RX7 is quick . . . its way more nimble than the other cars.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2020, 07:29:25 PM »
We'll try both the Group A and C ATCC cars at Mugello, to see how group A and C compares. Cars are up on the practice server.

A few 7 lap sprints.

So I can make more cars available, you will have to download and install the OSRW extra pits mod [DOWNLOAD].
That link goes to V1.16
Somehow, I have a V1.7!?!? ???
It's from an old XGN folder, so maybe other alterations in the distant past?

I ask because did the 1.7 fix something, and should I share it?

2+2=√16

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2020, 07:44:52 PM »
I think the server broke. :'(

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2020, 09:51:38 PM »
Here are the average of the top 3 times in each car at Mugello. A fairly even spread, except the Mazda stands out a bit at the front.

Offline ab156

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2020, 12:58:52 PM »
Great data Wally.  Will be interesting to see the results post Winton (fully expecting the RX7 to dominate there).  Hopefully it will adjust the midfield standings which should confirm car strength variability across tracks which would make for a good season.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2020, 03:13:25 PM »
Great data Wally.  Will be interesting to see the results post Winton (fully expecting the RX7 to dominate there).  Hopefully it will adjust the midfield standings which should confirm car strength variability across tracks which would make for a good season.
I think the Supra will go well also, I was all over the BMW and Commodore in the bends last night but got smashed on the straights

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2020, 04:42:30 PM »
There is variance in the cars/track, extreme example., the XB is untouchable at Daytona oval (unless you get a draft off an XB).
It will be interesting to see the variance over 2 more conventional circuits.

2+2=√16

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2020, 09:37:04 PM »
It was a lot of fun last night, shame we only had 2 races....In the first race I got a blinding start in the Jag and was 3rd out of turn 1 until I promptly forgot about the cold tyres and fell off at turn 2 allowing myself to be dead last by turn 3  :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[  Race 2 was a lot better. Got a ripper of a start in the VK and then had a great run until I'd cooked the medium tyres by lap 5 and then spent the last two laps sliding around (and backwards) as they were near on impossibly to control.

I feel this mod with both Group C & A is going to be great but perhaps we need to test a couple more different types of tracks before simply the season proper. Mugello has been good for the high speed, Winton will be good for the slow speed, but I wonder if there are a couple of low-2-medium speed and medium-2- high speed tracks worth trying? Not that I know what is being considered for a series but I'd be suggesting that more 'period' tracks would suit these cars better than any of the modern Tuilk type tracks. 

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2020, 10:36:14 PM »
I have a track list already selected, a mix of layouts, and nothing too Tilke like at all.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal