Xtreme Gaming Network

DRM Revival preview

Author Topic: DRM Revival preview  (Read 34913 times)

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: DRM Revival preview
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2018, 12:20:03 AM »
I think I am going to disagree here.  Just did a number of laps in a bunch of the cars.
First thing, use the wheel setup suggestions!  They are worth it.
Secondly whilst the sound isn't fantastic, what car is in AC . . its probably the biggest failing of the game all round ( and I've got good speakers ).
Handling wise, the cars have brakes that need warming, tyres that need heat and a turbo that wants to spin you around . . . . like a car from the 70's.
I found running 50% turbo for the first few laps was a big help trying to keep it on the track.  It definitely improves as you get into the laps.
Once you adjust your driving to this era, then I had no issues with it!

Cost:  As I sit here at a $2000 PC with triple screens, wheel, nice speakers . . . hardly can complain about given some blokes $25 bucks to drive cars I otherwise wouldn't have!
RF1: you might be surprised if you went back and drove that these days :)

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2018, 06:51:59 AM »
This is a very positive review using a Direct Drive Wheel.

social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2018, 11:12:50 AM »
Not driven it enough to comment on the physics. It's the resolution of the textures and models that piss me off. The sound, I think most people don't turn up the volume enough or use headphones as I have no complaints.
Took me 31/2 minutes to change one of the tachos so it could be seen clearly. But I'm limited in what I can do.

n.b. @rooshooter et all, The modders have NO* control over the force feedback so credit nor blame should be given for it.
*the suspension geometry and tyres affect the FFB but they should dictated by the car you are modelling.
My major problem with this mod is that it was sold as being 3 years in the making by a "group" of modders working as a "group" that had created the original Rf1 mod. I reasonably expected it to be Kunos standard and was only too happy to pay for it, and I did pay 20 euro. I now believe it is a collection of mods from various sources by a bunch of " individuals", which would explain the big differences in the graphics quality between different cars.
The problem I have with FFB is that I can no longer drive using high levels of FFB, without causing physical discomfort to my shoulders or elbows, and every other car I drive in AC I am very happy with FFB at lower levels.
Seanus could the choice of tyre that has been used for these cars necessitated  the need for a high level of FFB to get the desired result?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 11:25:55 AM by rooshooter »

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2018, 02:11:52 PM »
FFB has suffered the internet palsy for ages now. Everyone seems to complain about FFB being too light ( and rF1 ended up with multipliers of up to 9X ) and yet, until the advent of DD wheels, every wheel on the market suffered from clipping. FFB has become so subjective and mostly placebo. For any given Sim with any given car, as long as the FFB doesn't lie to you then just relax for a few laps and you get used to it.

That said I haven't driven this mod with FFB in mind yet, when my 'carset' is done I might do some comparisons. Tyres will be one of the things I change.
I have driven the Marod for quite a few laps around Spa in a 20 car AI race, and after turning up the FFB to highest I could ,with just with minor discomfort , I was more than happy with feel of the car.
I may have to start backtracking on some of my initial thoughts regarding this mod and the FFB ( I have a lot of respect for Freezer and his opinions) so thought I should give it another try, especially as he mentioned using the wheel setup suggestions.
I also found setting track ambient temp to high 20s deg. means brakes and tyres warm up very quickly.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 03:09:36 PM by rooshooter »

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2018, 06:53:35 AM »
From F1 Classic Site.

Bazza

PostSubject: Re: DRM Revival. Please read before buying (and dont buy at all)   Yesterday at 6:36 pm   Reply with quote
One of my all times favourites from rF to AC, finally! The mod has a lot of potential, but physics wise feels a bit of a mixed bag to me....

Regarding the physics, to me it felt some cars were having chewing gum sidewalls, whilst others felt way more believable.

Looked into the Lardo Monastir:
The amount of extra turn in needed is due to the fact the LINEAR_STEER_ROD_RATIO isn't properly set. The ratio in the car.ini doesn't match the value's I get in the suspension dev app. Secondly, the steering ratio's look way too high, I refuse to believe that any race car driver would accept a ratio of 1:19, he would be way too late to catch the car.

The slip angles set in the tyrefiles are in the GPL regions. with 10 degrees. Really? A seventies slick is way more sharper than that. Besides that there's a huge drop of of 12%. Wich means you loose the car instantly, as mentioned by others the digital under / oversteer.

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2018, 08:04:32 AM »
After having a brief test last night I found it to be a "good" mod, not excellent. Agree with most of the criticism and with most of the positives. More so I definitely don't think it is worth the $25 cost, well done to these guys for the effort they've put in though

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2018, 11:19:28 PM »
Update, might be some stuff in there for G0D
https://drive.google.com/file/d/10YfmpNC2LPWVU5Rw1Ya7C8DgtfhPFgtS/view?usp=sharing
CHANGE LOG V1.11
ALL CARS

PHYSICS: more brake power for cold brakes under 150 degree Celsuis
PHYSICS: more tire grip at temperatures less than 60 degree celsius
PHYSICS: new tire called "endurance" with less wear rate and more heating stability.
PHYSICS: the advanced suspension setup to adjust the bump and rebound of the damper is now enabled
PHYSICS: KI improvements and a new ai_tyres.ini for the pit stop   
GRAPHICS: backfire with reworked animation and textures
GRAPHICS: wobbling mirror deactived
GRAPHICS: reworked shift and fuel lights
GRAPHICS: driver view camera positon fixed, please check you camera position
GRAPHICS: correct mirror aspect ratio
GRAPHICS: brighter gauge lights
UI:       corrected car information and technical data
SOUNDS:   tweaked Turbo sounds 
SOUNDS:   surround sounds enabled
MANUAL:   updated the information about new "Endurance" tire and brake temps.

RMT 1001

GRAPHICS: completely new cockpit (models, textures and materials)
GRAPHICS: new RPM/TURBO gauge textures
GRAPHICS: new steering wheel texture/material and some 3dmodel adjustments
GRAPHICS: template fix
GRAPHICS: body map texture fix
GRAPHICS: hood vents fix
GRAPHICS: driver door uv/model fix
GRAPHICS: rear wings smoothed and some hard edges eliminated (both wings)

RMT  120

PHYSICS:  modified lag for the turbo
PHYSICS:  modified power less 5.000 U/min for better KI starting
SOUNDS:   new internal and external sounds  for RMT 120_1
SOUNDS:   new internal and external sounds  for RMT 120_2

YAMAMOTO DELIKATA

GRAPHICS: new door handles (period correct from the celica ra28)
GRAPHICS: added hood vents (because reasons, also from the ra28)
GRAPHICS: fix the showroom issue for the delikata
SOUNDS:   tweaked external and internal sounds

PURIANO 1H

GRAPHICS: smoothed the dash light models
GRAPHICS: new gauge textures

PURIANO 3H

GRAPHICS: fixed the internal windshield banner
GRAPHICS: smoothed dash lights
GRAPHICS: new dash light textures
GRAPHICS: fixed reflection in the window frame
GRAPHICS: added new dashpad material/textures/shader
GRAPHICS: revised cockpit shaders with new effects and some textures
GRAPHICS: closed the gaps in the door internal panels
GRAPHICS: revised steering wheel shader/textures
GRAPHICS: fixed shifter animations timing
GRAPHICS: fixed car body map file
PHYSICS:  modified lag for both turbos
SOUNDS:   new internal sounds

MAROD SCREAM

GRAPHICS: new shift light

Marod Aero

PHYSICS:  little more power over 8.000 rpm
PHYSICS:  modified 5th gear
SOUNDS:   tweaked internal sounds

LARDO MONASTIR

PHYSICS: fixed issues with a LUT-files, no more errors will be written into the log files
PHYSICS: reducing the number of objects with the same material. Should help with performance.

CARMA 308 FF

PHYSICS: modified front suspension. It will be change the FFB, please check the FFB value ingame.
GRAPHICS: added shift and fuel lights

RMT 1N

PHYSICS: modified front suspension. It will be change the FFB, please check the FFB value ingame.
PHYSICS: modified lag for both turbos
PHYSICS: power less 4.000 U/min for better KI starting
PHYSICS: fixed wastegate at rpm limiter
SOUNDS:  tweaked internal sounds

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal