Xtreme Gaming Network

S32R4 - Eastern Creek (Gardner)

Author Topic: S32R4 - Eastern Creek (Gardner)  (Read 10708 times)

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: S32R4 - Eastern Creek (Gardner)
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2020, 11:23:35 AM »
I'm just going to blame mael for my bad night after that dodgy ass pass.

I thought you were letting me through by taking that wide entry  ;D

My only regret of the night was not getting a sub 18 lap. Got close a number of times, were on a quick lap that was going to be well below 1:18 in the third race but in my excitement I touched the grass on the last corner. After a long trip in 1st gear along the wall checking for Killa and Bradc I accepted Joe probably had the pure pace on this track. But not the win :)

It was a good one for Maki Engineering, we almost made the magic 1,2 in all three races.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2020, 11:45:25 AM »
Was a great night for Maki.  Mael have me his set up which for the first time made me a lot more confident in the car. An early spin in race three saw me last but charging back and many people spinning was able to get back to fourth.
Excellent effort by mael with three wins.
Did my quickest laps at the end of each race so the hard tyres held up well.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 01:33:45 PM by Freezer »

Offline Jarmel

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2020, 12:16:11 PM »
Well done Mael

Was saying to a few of the guys how much quicker you are since last winter when i was last racing with you all, great improvement gratz.

Personally I was chasing my tail from the get go, off the pace again and tried desperately to find that 1 more second needed to be competitive in the midfield.
Overall another shocker , found it hard to put in consistent lap times under 1.21 , did manage a few in the high 19's after getting a damaged car in the first race. So that got me thinking maybe i was running too much downforce.

So for race 2 i dropped down to 17/14 aero and was a total disaster not due to the changes but due to my controller settings stuffing up . Went off at t2 3 laps in a row. I exited the game and re calibrated my controls joined the race again and that solved the controller issues (hence why i was 9 laps down in race 2). Thought this issue had been solved by pushing the brake pedal as far as possible whenever a new session starts. This time it also changed the controller preset out to something else.

Race 3 was more of the same held it for the first half dozen laps from memory then started having offs everywhere again . Overall disappointed but not dispirited bring on snetterton . :)

Maybe playing alot off ACC in the past few weeks isn't helping as since starting ACC my times have gone down and my never great consistency is even worse but still having fun nonetheless.

edit: probably coming to the realisation that i am a gamer not a racer
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 12:18:22 PM by Jarmel »

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2020, 01:29:02 PM »
....Did my quickest laps at the end of each race so the hard tyres held up well.

I must admit it was taking me 4 to 5 laps to get enough heat in the tyres to get a sub 1m20 lap time! I've no idea what I was doing but my starting pressure was 15psi all round

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2020, 01:35:02 PM »
....Did my quickest laps at the end of each race so the hard tyres held up well.

I must admit it was taking me 4 to 5 laps to get enough heat in the tyres to get a sub 1m20 lap time! I've no idea what I was doing but my starting pressure was 15psi all round
Think I was more like 11 from memory.

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2020, 08:10:05 PM »

Race 3, I got the best start of my night jumping the row in front of my before turn 1 and then it was a matter of missing the spinner in turn 2-3 and hoping I would come out the other side going in the right direction. The air at the front was rather thin and not used to being up there I was getting oxygen sickness! I managed to get up close to killa and the cars in front of us kept making mistakes and falling off until killa did and I was in the shock position of 2nd! By then Mael was almost 10seconds down the road so it wasn't a matter of catching him, more holding my nerve and not making a mistake for the remaining 6 laps or so......sadly the final double left hander onto the straight was my kyrponite and I managed to understeer wide enough for killa to take back his 2nd place. For the rest of the race I simply couldn't get past killa. He drove a very good race and the only places I were quicker than him were where it was impossible to actually pass....I must admit my 6th gear was 1 click too tall as I just couldn't get close enough down the straight and turn 1 to have a hope, but kudos to him.

Bloody hell...you're closing in on me in the last couple of laps really fast. Funny, we're changing position twice at the same spot for the same reason :)
Yeah, the races went a lot better than I was expecting to. I was in the high 20's before I joined the server on Tuesday...and still didn't know whether the coming turn was a left or right one at some spots.
Cheers Jarmel for your help finding a better line. Did you notice, the first lap after that got me about 1.2s? Not too shabby I thought.
Glad to see someone else winning for a change.
Was fun racing...cheers.

Offline doobs

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2020, 09:13:20 PM »
I forgot sorry.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2020, 08:39:38 AM »
I forgot sorry.
It felt like quite a tough round, really.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal