Xtreme Gaming Network

Thu June 5: Monza Time Travel

Author Topic: Thu June 5: Monza Time Travel  (Read 54141 times)

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: Thu June 5: Monza Time Travel
« Reply #45 on: June 04, 2014, 09:17:14 PM »
Fark me I hate that 312T.  I just can't keep it on the road, snappy, too much power...and understeer into the corner.  Plus the stupid wings.  I hate it.
It'll be a challenge, that's for sure. What a pity AC doesn't have rain yet.
Oh yeah!
312T+Nordschleiffe+rain= ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D 8)

Hopefully one day.....

2+2=√16

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2014, 09:26:17 PM »
Fark me I hate that 312T.  I just can't keep it on the road, snappy, too much power...and understeer into the corner.  Plus the stupid wings.  I hate it.

Really? I love it.  You can wrestle it around... just be sure to change gears in a straight line!  Coming out of the second chicane at Monza always gets me.  Actually the curbs at Monza are a real bugger, always seem to be spinning on them compared to other tracks.

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2014, 08:46:00 AM »
Managed to throw down a high 1:32 in the Lotus. I'm not very consistent though. 1st time I've really had a good go in the old Lotus or the 312T.
Didn't fair as well in the 312T. 1:54.5 Straight out of the box, no adjustments what so ever....
Not that it would help my lead foot and over aggressive steering.

Rolz

« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2014, 08:53:48 AM »
Won't be able to make tonight fellas... have a friend in town visiting... enjoy the track !  :)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 05, 2014, 02:54:21 PM »
Will be intersting to see the pace, Im not huge on the old monza combo had a little play the other day only a handful of laps can get mid 29's but it just feels off. Probably find some time lime last week as I found about a second from my practice laps.

The 312T I havent driven at Monza yet so will try get some laps in after work but Im thinking mid pack for me this time on both probably. 312T is fun just Monza has always been a bit broing for me so I dont run there much in Anything but can be fun in a race much more then hotlapping. Also no drafting will make it strange and I can imagine the first chicane being messy all race.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 05, 2014, 02:59:35 PM »
Yep, we will have to be very gentle at the first chicane. Don't want to see half the field taken out on the first corner in true Monza style.

Let's make the race last longer than T1!!!
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 05, 2014, 03:17:13 PM »
Yep, we will have to be very gentle at the first chicane. Don't want to see half the field taken out on the first corner in true Monza style.

If it's a full grid it's going to be chaos for the whole race I think! But I think it will be a lot of laughs. There is no sheep stations at risk so absolutely no reason to take it too serious these early days.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 05, 2014, 03:20:26 PM »

If it's a full grid it's going to be chaos for the whole race I think! But I think it will be a lot of laughs. There is no sheep stations at risk so absolutely no reason to take it too serious these early days.

True, but by the same token, tonight is still good practice for league behaviour. First thought into T1 should be "Cause no carnage".
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 03:23:26 PM by Bird »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 05, 2014, 03:23:47 PM »
First thought into T1 should be "Cause no carnage".

It shall be written on my car, so everyone around me can read it and adhere to it! :D

ps sorry about editing your post, I've clicked the wrong button

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 05, 2014, 03:39:25 PM »
First thought into T1 should be "Cause no carnage".

It shall be written on my car, so everyone around me can read it and adhere to it! :D

ps sorry about editing your post, I've clicked the wrong button

*As Dick Forrest approaches T1 He notices something written on Bird's car...
"Hmm I'll just plant it to get a closer look to see what it says..."
.....*BAMMM*

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 05, 2014, 04:55:02 PM »
I'll show up and see how we go, but if I have audio issues I'll have to miss it.
(my back-up headset hasn't arrived yet even though it was due Monday >:()

2+2=√16

Offline Phil

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 05, 2014, 05:33:40 PM »
is it too late to sign up, I thought I signed up but I might have replied to another thread  :'(

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 05, 2014, 05:45:19 PM »

Some practical advice to anyone back in the field at the starts - brake early but less!  If you get me.

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 05, 2014, 05:55:13 PM »

Some practical advice to anyone back in the field at the starts - brake early but less!  If you get me.

Don't worry, I'll be doing my best to keep out of the way.. If I look like i'm, out of control, i'll be blaming Guybrush :) it's his set-ups..

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 05, 2014, 05:56:27 PM »
I'll show up and see how we go, but if I have audio issues I'll have to miss it.
(my back-up headset hasn't arrived yet even though it was due Monday >:( )
We'll be trying a bigger server tonight, so it will be interesting to see if it's a server capacity issue.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal