Xtreme Gaming Network

S20R6: Okayama Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S20R6: Okayama Post-Race Chat  (Read 13179 times)

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
Re: S20R6: Okayama Post-Race Chat
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2018, 04:28:43 PM »
Really enjoyed that track good pick :) Car worked really well around here, felt easy to get the lap together for pole.

Race 1: from pole i managed to control the race and gaps from start to finish so nice and clean.

Race 2: I was super careful letting everyone battle it out and make mistakes in front of me and slowly get to the front, i was probably too careful though as kcender managed to clear a lot more cars than me and put him in a good position for race 3 while i was 8th, had some god battles along the way though.

Race 3: Nice clean start, was behind freezer and ab having a good battle, after a few laps i managed to get by them and try and hunt down grat and kcender for the lead but they were too far up the road, but i did manage to grab grat on the last lap in a nice dice for p2 :)
do you even motorsports?

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2018, 07:07:50 PM »
Very sorry bacchulum for turning you around in race 2, I saw you and Godzilla bouncing off each other quite hard down the bendy straight, it had slowed both of you down a fair bit which meant I came up on you quickly but I took a heavy inside line into the hairpin and did not have a lot of grip there and slid toward as you went for the apex. Sorry.
No problems, apology accepted. ;)
Mistakes happen.
Although, a redress would've quelled my complaints on the night. ;)

2+2=√16

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2018, 12:17:30 AM »
Qualified in the top 10 which was a bit of a surprise.
Race 1 was going well in 5th until Grat rear ended me around mid race.  He redressed but it didn't give me back the 10 spots I lost.
More precisely, I spun you around with an horrible corner-exit t-bone (I know it does not seem to make sense, but that's what it was). I still have to figure out what the hell I was thinking (I do not have a replay). Nothing good for sure. Really sorry.

For the rest: I think I have got all I could, given Wally's invitation for my wife to enjoy the night as my passenger. ;) It was mostly safe and nice, with much much much less stuttering than last time---not perfect, but surely drivable all the time. Could do nothing the defend from Matthew on the last lap.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2018, 12:42:19 AM »
Highlights of the reverse grid race 2. Watch this, and then tell me that the racing was bad!

[youtube]QyXIucaTLX4[/youtube]
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2018, 12:48:14 AM »
Qualified in the top 10 which was a bit of a surprise.
Race 1 was going well in 5th until Grat rear ended me around mid race.  He redressed but it didn't give me back the 10 spots I lost.
More precisely, I spun you around with an horrible corner-exit t-bone (I know it does not seem to make sense, but that's what it was). I still have to figure out what the hell I was thinking (I do not have a replay). Nothing good for sure. Really sorry.

For the rest: I think I have got all I could, given Wally's invitation for my wife to enjoy the night as my passenger. ;) It was mostly safe and nice, with much much much less stuttering than last time---not perfect, but surely drivable all the time. Could do nothing the defend from Matthew on the last lap.
All good Grat..

Offline Phil

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2018, 07:57:09 AM »
Great couple of races once again.

@ killagorilla, Sorry that was my fault for not paying good attention. I try to always give room but you're correct that wasn't enough room.

I don't know who but I also hit someone at hairpin corner and turned them around, sorry about that as well. I went in a little too fast expecting brakes to work better.

Overall great race. My PB all week was 1:41:5xxx.
During race one I either beat or equalled my PB finishing 1:41:2xxx.

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2018, 06:36:01 PM »
Highlights of the reverse grid race 2. Watch this, and then tell me that the racing was bad!

[youtube]QyXIucaTLX4[/youtube]
Not ALL bad, a few of us made mistakes. Cool movie you made there  8)

Offline RussG

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2018, 11:26:01 PM »

Thanks for the vid Wally. It was great to see a bit of the action that took place while I wasn't there  :D :D ;D ;D
Some days you're the pigeon,
Some days you're the statue ...

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2018, 11:31:52 AM »
No worries. I liked how the video turned out. Fade transitions, how fancy.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline ab156

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2018, 09:21:03 PM »
Late update, been a busy week.

Don't remember all the details but all the guys I raced with were fair and hard.  With the way the races run you tend to get into the same'sh pack after about 1/2 of race 1.  I had some great multi corner battles with multiple people without any serious damage.  Bit bummed to give up a spot on the last lap of the last race but it wasn't worth throwing a good night away just for ego.

The video Wally put up pretty much covers my night, lots of battles, a few scars but lots of smiles.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal