Xtreme Gaming Network

AC News

Author Topic: AC News  (Read 763197 times)

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
Re: AC News
« Reply #1320 on: May 19, 2017, 10:29:18 PM »
From Aris:

"Now we have 2 BOP options. One is the usual ballast. The other one is engine restrictor. It realistically simulates an intake restrictor, giving less torque/horsepower at higher revs"

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: May 19, 2017, 10:40:23 PM »
From Aris:

"Now we have 2 BOP options. One is the usual ballast. The other one is engine restrictor. It realistically simulates an intake restrictor, giving less torque/horsepower at higher revs"
I think this will be a great tool for balancing different cars which are close in performance, more so than ballast which is probably better in a slowing people down with success ballast sense.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: May 19, 2017, 11:03:35 PM »
I mush prefer the restrictor ,  in the little test i did with gratulin at zandvoort in the new lotus,  80%  restrictor made my times same as his and the car felt the same still, slowed me down 13kmh on the main straight, I could still brake late and drive normal, car was just a little down on power that was not noticeable, unlike ballast which seems to make different cars feel horrible.
 I hope to be able to mostly slow people down with restrictor and add ballast only if needed for Thursdays.
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: May 19, 2017, 11:28:12 PM »
Yes, I'd prefer to use the restrictor too wherever possible.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: May 20, 2017, 10:38:57 AM »
I tested the AI and wow I am amazed, good pace in them now and multiclass they are better then we are likely to get here.  ;D Here is a 5 lap race onboard and with static cams.
[youtube]Q8wVhyOeefk[/youtube]
[youtube]0CP68nw8q-w[/youtube]

They can actually be used for good race practice now, even the 98t at silverstone 67 they give a proper challenge as long as you dont use high boost which I dont think they use.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: May 20, 2017, 11:06:54 AM »
Yeah the AI has improved by leaps and bounds.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: May 20, 2017, 11:23:00 AM »
Yeah the AI has improved by leaps and bounds.

Supposedly they are not very good in slow cars but do quite well in the faster ones, kind of opposite to MP mostly.  ;)

Latest patch also shows a wind relative to car icon in realtime app, shame this is the only app that shows this as ptracker does most things I need. It doesn't show track grip level and now also wind direction meaning you kind od need to have this app up for side info not its main purpose.

I have tested the limits of the AWS server and have currently 8 servers with stracker and MR running but as its been mostly a ghost town in mp anyway I don't think they will ever get overloaded. By the popularity of the pub servers I dont think I will bother running them again once the current year is over, raising the MR limits gets more in then those in complain about crappy driving. Keeping it AB most just don't join because its empty so it really seems pub servers are a waste of time in AC now no matter what you do.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: May 20, 2017, 11:31:04 AM »
What looks really good with the AI now is the multiple lines they take.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: May 20, 2017, 12:36:59 PM »
The thing that impressed me most is how they hold lines and defend leaving racing room but not conceding the corner making you complete the move in attack or defence. In multiclass they are able to cleanly and efficiently get through the field in a way not many seem to be able to do in mp.

I think the video can show how to let cars past in multiclass or under blue flags where some here could learn something.  ;) will our wec season be at this same level? If nothing else it should teach people better to race in traffic and forcing a multiclass race at a short track with lots of traffic should show where the league is at.

The only way it will improve is by getting stuck in the situation, its why I liked the reverse grid series and I think that improved the general awareness of many here with some good driving by most.

Could we do a fun run in multiclass with the faster cars at the back, will a race here like that be better then the AI races in such a format?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: May 20, 2017, 12:56:42 PM »
Yep we'll do a fun run prior to the WEC season. There might be some restrictor testing for you to do prior to then, Marty :)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: May 20, 2017, 03:18:52 PM »
Yep we'll do a fun run prior to the WEC season. There might be some restrictor testing for you to do prior to then, Marty :)

I dont know if there is much need to change the LMP1 cars, possibly the Porsche 919 will be quicker but how you drive the cars and use the kers can be 2 or 3 seconds per lap and having a run with Cherno in the toyota me in the Audi was quite close at Highlands circuit. I will keep up a WEC server with the older 919 and the other GT2 and GTE cars with possibly some restrictor usage needed for the newer cars to the older ones mostly as 2017 gte is a bit quicker then the old m3 gt2 and people hated the ballast in that last time.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: May 21, 2017, 10:17:38 AM »
Yesterday is the first time I had a proper go at setting a lap in the 3 lmp cars and the 2015 919 will need a bit of power restriction it seems if we want it to stay competitive with the other 2 which are pretty close. Running at highlands circuit which I never really drove before but is quite surprising more like an old school circuit then anything modern. Its very fast and some tricky corners plus wind in these cars made it even trickier. I set some laps in static conditions and the 919 was just under 1:50 there while the toyota and audi are in the 1:53s all on medium tyres and pretty solid laps.

I havent tried the restrictor yet and will need to see how it can be used to test and how it effects these cars. Quite likely restricting the engine will mean you also need to shift up at lower rpm as it will change the output at higher rpm. All 3 cars are good fun to race with the boost games you can play to attack or defend making it fun between the audi and toyota at least as they are a bit down on power to the porsche atm. Its kind of like the 98t with its turbo boost but that one if you run out the car stops. In the lmp1 cars you get more boost to play each lap and only the audi can blow an engine if you use too high rpm but as you should shift at 4300 engine damage is well past tbis point at about 5600 where you shouldnt be getting to anyway.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: May 21, 2017, 12:42:01 PM »
Looking at the server FAQ not sure if anyone had noticed this earlier. http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?faq/dedicated-server-manual.28/

Shared GUID: each car in the entry list can feature multiple GUIDs, sperated by a ';' . Players can share that car (one at once). The name inserted in the entry list is used as driver name.

GUID=76561197983XXXXXX;76561197983YYYYYY;76561197983ZZZZZZ;76561197983WWWWWW

This can also be used as partial driver swap and it's the 1st step to a more complete functionality: in fact setup will not be shared (can be solved using server fixed setup system), the new player will have a brand new car and mandatory pit will not work (yet).

Also regarding restrictor command
/restrictor: cut engine power to the CAR_ID. To add 50% restrictor to the CAR_15:  /restrictor 15 50

------ UPDATE ------
RESTRICTOR=0      ; from 0 to 100, it cuts engine power.
------------------------

I assume 0 cuts all power.  ;)

Wind
; Be aware the session wind is static for all its duration; speed and direction is random related to the values below

WIND_BASE_SPEED_MIN=3     ; Min speed of the session possible
WIND_BASE_SPEED_MAX=15     ; Max speed of session possible (max 40)
WIND_BASE_DIRECTION=30      ; base direction of the wind (wind is pointing at); 0 = North, 90 = East etc
WIND_VARIATION_DIRECTION=15   ; variation (+ or -) of the base direction

; so in this example the then wind speed can be between 3 and 15 and direction between 15 and 45
------------------------

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: May 21, 2017, 01:09:26 PM »
/restrictor: cut engine power to the CAR_ID. To add 50% restrictor to the CAR_15:  /restrictor 15 50
------ UPDATE ------
RESTRICTOR=0      ; from 0 to 100, it cuts engine power.
------------------------
I assume 0 cuts all power.  ;)
very bad choice for an example, as you can't know what's 0 and what's 100 if you use 50%. But I guess it's easy to check...

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: May 21, 2017, 01:15:47 PM »
I would assume 0 is no restrictor, therefore full power, if 0 is default.

2+2=√16

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal