Xtreme Gaming Network

Season 3 round 2: Gentrack Race Chat

Author Topic: Season 3 round 2: Gentrack Race Chat  (Read 64219 times)

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
Re: Season 3 round 2: Gentrack Race Chat
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2014, 02:05:38 PM »
Well looking good.
Just done 7-8 laps in the 240R stage 3 and had a PB of 1.44.2
I'm sure I can shave 2 seconds off that. I'm ~5 seconds off the WR

Edit.. and I have.. 1.42.9

Now Threepwood & Co. will come out and start doing 1.28s in wooden hill carts.

edit.. This track is awesome after driving something other than the 3 ton cake of soap (Cobra)
The Cobra spits in your eye!
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2014, 02:19:13 PM »
What times are people doing?

got down to a 1.42.XXX in the 240R step 3

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2014, 02:25:25 PM »

1:41.xxx in the Elise. Should be a close race!
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2014, 02:28:48 PM »

Yeah Lets hope the track is wide enough. Could be 6-7 wide in a few corners.
I was pretty consitant with my lap times. I'm going to say my race pace will be close to 1.42 with some practice tonight I know I'm making mistakes here and there.

Offline Schmittez

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2014, 02:46:12 PM »
I got a 1:42.1 in the exige 240R but It might of been a foul lap because I might of gone out the lines on the bus stop double chicane bit.

Edit: I have also yet to get another lap like that but I've only done about 20 or so laps around the track.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 02:58:49 PM by Schmittez »

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2014, 03:01:22 PM »

Yeah Lets hope the track is wide enough. Could be 6-7 wide in a few corners.
I was pretty consitant with my lap times. I'm going to say my race pace will be close to 1.42 with some practice tonight I know I'm making mistakes here and there.

I will jump on later tonight and run some laps, Im sure following a few guys around Dick you will be able to knock a second off those laps too.

Been pretty close racing with the elise guys when there was a few around. I havent seen anyone in a 240r yet on the server but the 1m vs elise was interesting and fairly close. Definatly worth most guys having a bit of a practice race and the server is setup for 5 laps to get an idea of how to handle the car making passes. The performance difference between cars will make you get a good run on some cars but most of the slower cars are much better under brakes and into the corner so those that are faster need to brake earlier and corner slower, should make for an interesting nights racing. Was good fun last round but now some of the others will get to join the fun, running 3 races with no contact will be quite a challenge I think.

I can imagine 4 wide into t1 happening at some point during the race and I think we tried that somewhere the other day. Surprisingly nobody hit another car but also nobody made the corner.  ;D

T1 is an interesting passing spot as you can pass on the inside or outside there and with 2 drivers giving eachother racing room you can be side by side for half a lap but t3 is hard enough on your own so side by side is much slower. The chicane is possible to get alongside someone but making a pass there will be very tricky and youd be better off just getting in close and getting a good run out passing into t1 next lap.

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2014, 03:02:27 PM »
I got a 1:42.1 in the exige 240R but It might of been a foul lap because I might of gone out the lines on the bus stop double chicane bit.

Edit: I have also yet to get another lap like that but I've only done about 20 or so laps around the track.

yeah that bus stop gets me. don't know if i should break early, late or if at all.
I notice I can smash into any curb here and no spin.

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2014, 03:08:27 PM »

I can imagine 4 wide into t1 happening at some point during the race and I think we tried that somewhere the other day. Surprisingly nobody hit another car but also nobody made the corner.  ;D

T1 is an interesting passing spot as you can pass on the inside or outside there and with 2 drivers giving eachother racing room you can be side by side for half a lap but t3 is hard enough on your own so side by side is much slower. The chicane is possible to get alongside someone but making a pass there will be very tricky and youd be better off just getting in close and getting a good run out passing into t1 next lap.

Thanks Marty! Hope to see you tonight then.

T1 here is kinda user friendly I think. Not too sharp. Should be fine... till about turn 4.. the hairpin?
But yep I predict a lot of "oh sorry" over TS.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2014, 06:30:46 PM »
The rule of thumb in T1 on the opening lap will be stay on your side of the track and give racing room!
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2014, 07:01:08 PM »

T1 here is kinda user friendly I think. Not too sharp. Should be fine... till about turn 4.. the hairpin?

User friendly?  To take it fast I had to double-apex it...not sure if you'd call that user friendly. :)

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2014, 07:15:08 PM »
Easy to take but hard to do well.

I can't actually remember what was quickest for me in taking T1.

Offline Schmittez

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2014, 01:29:58 AM »
I must be getting better at this racing this if I can do a 1:42.0 in the 240R not s3 and the fastest people are hitting 1:41.*** when I was at about the same time difference in the 240R s3 on blackwood in the trial race.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2014, 07:41:03 AM »
I must be getting better at this racing this if I can do a 1:42.0 in the 240R not s3 and the fastest people are hitting 1:41.*** when I was at about the same time difference in the 240R s3 on blackwood in the trial race.
Good to hear! It sounds like there will be a lot of close racing. I'm looking forward to seeing how it pans out.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2014, 09:07:40 AM »
That's great Schmittez, I put in some laps last night in my ride and down to 43s, so I'll be on early tonight to practice.  As Wally said, it should be close racing,  8)
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2014, 09:08:29 AM »

User friendly?  To take it fast I had to double-apex it...not sure if you'd call that user friendly. :)

I meant user friendly as in a bit safer to get around on lap 1 with a lot of cars.. I imagine anyway.
Last night had a lot of fun with 5-6 of us. There will be some shunts tonight... Not from me, but from Marty. That Edwood fella need to watch out for him too.

So I'm sorry Vipergod I have no doubt I'll take you out, maybe Gratulin and GW too.. They seem to be my bunnies..

And word has it, Insommniac (Dave) hates the 240R! even though he can do a low 1.39

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal