Xtreme Gaming Network

Jumping cars and third party apps

Author Topic: Jumping cars and third party apps  (Read 8723 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Jumping cars and third party apps
« on: September 19, 2014, 10:40:19 PM »
On the AC forums, the devs are blaming the jumping cars we sometimes see on "badly written" third party apps. I wonder what third party apps guys who are seen jumping use? I've seen Grubbet's car jumping back and forth a bit, as well as Rob's. I'll check some replays when I have a chance.

In the meantine, Grubbet and Rob, do you use any third party apps while racing?

Has anyone else noticed who's cars seem to jump a bit?
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
Re: Jumping cars and third party apps
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2014, 07:42:09 AM »
On the AC forums, the devs are blaming the jumping cars we sometimes see on "badly written" third party apps. I wonder what third party apps guys who are seen jumping use? I've seen Grubbet's car jumping back and forth a bit, as well as Rob's. I'll check some replays when I have a chance.

In the meantine, Grubbet and Rob, do you use any third party apps while racing?

They might be onto something. But I'd say it was modded track code. maybe?
I also notice it's towards the end of the night that the warping get's noticed the most.
On more than one occasion I've heard "There is no warping everything looks great" in the 1st race and it is very smooth.
I'm wondering if there is some kinda cache file that needs to be emptied.

3rd party apps for me are:
RSR
map_dispaly
OV1info - Tyre app only.
and occasionally Ka0sleaderboard.

I'm wondering if us guys with older systems have issues. I think i got the CPU warning once on Tuesday. The week before it was on on 99% of the time.
But what could it be with our older systems? could it be old DDR2 ram?
My CPU is 4 cores screaming at 2.3ghz...............  ok shut up...
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 07:46:52 AM by Dick Forrest »

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2014, 10:26:53 AM »
App wise I only run RSR, map, mini app and Dashmeter pro. None of these are causing any issues for me and I also checked my log file with nothing bringing up lots of errors.

For people with the odd issues check your log file, if an app is loading your log full of errors best to turn it off. Still the worst case of warping ive seen so far was Dick at Mid Ohio when we did the first season 3 test.

I dont know if that was app related or poor track maybe using too much ram and vram bogging down lower spec setups.

It does seem all forward and back warping is when the users computer is stuttering or out of time sync due to cpu issues and the weird way AC deals with this. If people are getting more warping later in the session the only thing I can imagine causing this would be ram related as the replay file gets larger and so the game has less ram to use. In that case it may be worth setting replay size to min and see if that helps along with turning of all 3rd party apps. If that still doesnt help its tike to upgrade the potatoes both the users computer and some Kunos code which are both likely pre digital age.

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2014, 08:08:01 AM »
App wise I only run RSR, map, mini app and Dashmeter pro. None of these are causing any issues for me and I also checked my log file with nothing bringing up lots of errors.

For people with the odd issues check your log file, if an app is loading your log full of errors best to turn it off. Still the worst case of warping ive seen so far was Dick at Mid Ohio when we did the first season 3 test.

I dont know if that was app related or poor track maybe using too much ram and vram bogging down lower spec setups.

It does seem all forward and back warping is when the users computer is stuttering or out of time sync due to cpu issues and the weird way AC deals with this. If people are getting more warping later in the session the only thing I can imagine causing this would be ram related as the replay file gets larger and so the game has less ram to use. In that case it may be worth setting replay size to min and see if that helps along with turning of all 3rd party apps. If that still doesnt help its tike to upgrade the potatoes both the users computer and some Kunos code which are both likely pre digital age.

come on Marty. Don't you remember this case of severe warping?
[youtube]CPZagswOSI0?list=UU3lQW63Yzqh0QoHgQZomBuQ[/youtube]

Offline Grubbet

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2014, 10:08:18 PM »
All i use is that mini app one

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2014, 08:59:04 AM »
All i use is that mini app one

You're PC is kinda new though Grubbsy?
I think Grubbets warping issue is people hogging his bandwidth while he's having a race :)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2014, 12:12:39 PM »

The other day Ed Wood was getting random warping but most likely due to others using the net so his pings were spiking. We were on the practice server at one point and I saw him get to 2000 ping but then noticed mine also went to 1000 and it was only us on there at that point, quite likely the server just farted then.

It may be a bit hazardous on the next league race with also 29 cars on a mod track as there may be a combination of lag from shared net connections and also some peoples computers struggling with the load.

In the last league race I didnt see any warping other then the one where Guybrush hit someone on the main straight. I dont remember exactly the race maybe race 3 in around lap 5 or 6.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal