Xtreme Gaming Network

S25R2: Coca-Cola Classic 12 Hours of Sebring

Author Topic: S25R2: Coca-Cola Classic 12 Hours of Sebring  (Read 31209 times)

Offline grat

• View Profile
Re: S25R2: Coca-Cola Classic 12 Hours of Sebring
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2018, 09:42:27 AM »
Ok night for me.

The start procedure was quite confusing. I said I was going after the start of the long straight. So I put the turbo to 100%, shouted "go", and floored the throttle. But I think matthew did not hear me. So he lost some ground. I did the whole first lap wondering whether I should have slowed down (I probably did, uncounsciously). Then I realized he lost some 3 seconds and I had a 15 seconds penalty and so in almost no case it would have mattered. So I just went on.

The rest of the race was pretty regular. The new "radio" button is pretty much the same that controls pit strategy, so I involuntarily did a 1st pit with no refuelling that obliged me to a very short 2nd stint. After the hugely long 2nd stop, I was some 14 seconds behind matthew. But I had my engine in great shape, so I pushed the turbo up and started grinding on the hard tires. I almost got to him (though with 15 seconds penalty it was not for the actual win) when we both got stuck in traffic for the last 3 laps.

Even with the 3 seconds weird start, it's impressive we ended up so close (.5 of a sec) with such different strategies. Good stuff, I think.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2018, 11:54:21 AM »
Some investigation required for my engineers to find out why I was over 2 sec/lap slower than anyone else. :-\
In-game telemetry trace shows I was getting full throttle, I suspect I had some clutch engaged at all times.
Either that or my setup is utterly crap. :-[

Either way, it meant a night of hotlapping. :(

2+2=√16

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2018, 12:00:24 PM »
Some investigation required for my engineers to find out why I was over 2 sec/lap slower than anyone else. :-\
In-game telemetry trace shows I was getting full throttle, I suspect I had some clutch engaged at all times.
Either that or my setup is utterly crap. :-[

Either way, it meant a night of hotlapping. :(
I recently added a new potentiometer to my throttle but briefly last night I got stuttering acceleration, so I wonder if the clutch is a problem also!

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2018, 01:41:40 PM »
I tried to setup my pits on the fly to do a bodywork repair but accidently repaired engine damage which I damaged when missing a gear allowing Joe past while scrapping with Freezer :( which cost me a minute or 2 in the pits,  would of finished 4th or 5th if not for that I reckon, maybe even third :(
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2018, 02:02:04 PM »
I tried to setup my pits on the fly to do a bodywork repair but accidently repaired engine damage which I damaged when missing a gear allowing Joe past while scrapping with Freezer :( which cost me a minute or 2 in the pits,  would of finished 4th or 5th if not for that I reckon, maybe even third :(
That's it. Sack your crew.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2018, 02:47:33 PM »
That's it. Sack your crew.

I feel that I should, but unfortunately Krahl racing is missing a sponsor atm and I have to actually get out of the car during the pits and fuel and change tyres myself, while trying to look at telemetry on the laptops in the garage and make adjustments/decisions before strapping myself in again, its true I can make changes while driving, but I find that is a great way to at worse hit the barrier or at best lose a few seconds a lap or like last night change the wrong setting

I wish AC let you make changes while in the pits and also allowed you to cancel or stop a repair
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2018, 04:30:42 PM »
missing a gear allowing Joe past while scrapping with Freezer

Wondered what happened there. Was a good few laps there with Seanus slowing us up in the corners bunching us up again,.

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2018, 05:42:44 PM »
had a good time in the porsche was handling good around here, disappointed i went a bit wide at 1 turn on my good lap which cost me pole but no big deal.

The race start was awkward i wasnt on discord so didnt expect grat to go on the back straight so i was on the back foot by 4 secs for the whole first stint, but i was happy with the pace so managed to keep the gap 4 secs until i pitted and then turned the power up on the fresh tyres, i was surprised to be so far behind grat when he pitted so i pushed some more to try close the gap but seeing as he didnt take on fuel it made sense especially when i came out 15 secs in front after the 2nd stop lol. The gap was more than enough for me to cruise to the finish and turn the power down to manage fuel, it was all going to plan until i came up too a group of lapped cars racing for position which is fair enough but it became very awkward for me trying to get past lol had a few close calls with some contact so i played safe and stayed put as i couldnt really turn the boost up as i was close on fuel so i was trying to drive quick in the turns to make the time but i couldnt while behind the lapped cars so grat was closing on me pretty quickly, add to that i was fighting to keep my shifter on the table lol so the last few laps were pretty full on but in the end i just held on for the win with 1.6L of fuel lol
do you even motorsports?

Offline doobs

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2018, 08:28:20 PM »
I'm starting to feel like Danny Glover, I think I'm too old for this shit. I was slow and made mistakes galore.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2018, 11:27:39 PM »
I'm starting to feel like Danny Glover, I think I'm too old for this shit. I was slow and made mistakes galore.

I suspect if you slightly off on the setup you have no chance. Normally I would suggest Bacchulum to steal a setup off but he was in the same (sinking) boat last night :)

Offline Shayne

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2018, 12:43:33 AM »
I got on early in the practice session and tried to make a setup. Turned out to do well for me.

Never expected to get a podium here, not really a track I ever do well at.

For those that are interested, I will share what I did to the Mazda.
I ended up changing gearing, aero and tyre pressures. Everything else I left alone, I probably could of got something better working but that would of cost too much time as I tend to go round in circles when making setups so I tried to keep it simple.

I took my Daytona setup and made the changes from that, not sure what the gearing is in the default but from my daytona setup I ended up going down one click in the 3rd, 4th and 5th gear. Which was giving me about 290km/h top speed. I added plenty of wing, I think it was on 12 but not sure, could of been 13. Front was on 1 I think. With the shorter gearing and extra wing I was able to get on the power earlier and reach top speed faster (I was just reaching max speed at the final corner). Tyre pressures I just followed that tyre app. I think the fronts were 28 and the rears 25 on mediums which had them average at 33 fronts and 30 rears.

I split the race into 3 equal stints. I found that's about all the mediums could do for me anyway, each time I pitted the rears were done. I started with a full tank and each stop I put on new mediums and 22L of fuel which took basically the same amount of time to complete both. Actually dropped the final stop down to 20L as I knew I didn't need it all and that would cut out about 0.5-1.0 seconds in the stop.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2018, 09:02:00 AM »

I suspect if you slightly off on the setup you have no chance. Normally I would suggest Bacchulum to steal a setup off but he was in the same (sinking) boat last night :)

I've only softened the rear a bit on the short tail, it has already helped.  But I wasn't aware these cars are *that* setup dependent.   In that case I'd kindly request faster guys to share setups, please!

Offline doobs

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2018, 09:54:41 AM »

I don't think that was the case Mael, I had a setup that should have let me race around 10th but I drove like shit.
I couldn't do a clean lap in qualifying, and didn't improve in the race. The practice all week was the same. I couldn't have posted a time about 8/10s to a second faster but I kept making an error at least once a lap in different spots.

I had a good race about 6 weeks ago and haven't driven well since.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2018, 10:09:51 AM »

I don't think that was the case Mael, I had a setup that should have let me race around 10th but I drove like shit.
I couldn't do a clean lap in qualifying, and didn't improve in the race. The practice all week was the same. I couldn't have posted a time about 8/10s to a second faster but I kept making an error at least once a lap in different spots.

A better setup might help with consistency. I made far less mistakes this round with a more stable setup.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline doobs

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2018, 10:24:25 AM »

A better setup might help with consistency. I made far less mistakes this round with a more stable setup.
Nah, the setup was fine Wally, it was a driving thing.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal