Xtreme Gaming Network

Inbetween season Nordschleife enduro 1hr or 1.5hr interest.

Author Topic: Inbetween season Nordschleife enduro 1hr or 1.5hr interest.  (Read 30179 times)

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
Inbetween season Nordschleife enduro 1hr or 1.5hr interest.
« on: April 20, 2017, 12:16:34 AM »
I'd like to do an enduro race at the Nordschleife for 1hr or 1.5hr.  I'm in the process of testing the Porsche RSR 2017 vs the Lotus 72d.. or just a 1 make Porsche RSR race. Qualifying would have to be at least 30-40mins to allow at least 1-2 laps to qualify.

Unfkn, Kcender and myself will be testing the lotus 72d vs the RSR on a private server but so far it appears that if the faster guys are in the 72d and the slower guys the RSR its pretty even so far... will no more with further longer testing.

If Wally is ok with this maybe a poll to gather who's interested.  I'm also up for a full grid GT3 class and even multiclass GT2, GT3 and one other slower class. GTC or GTE? But I would prefer to use the RSR as I haven't raced it yet.

--- A quitter never races and a Racer never quits. ---

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Inbetween season Nordschleife enduro 1hr or 1.5hr interest.
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 12:53:23 PM »
I'd be interested in a longer enduro, like 1.5 hrs at Nords. Probably some kind of GT mix.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 02:31:08 PM »
I agree with Wally I think a gt mix would be good, mixing an old open wheel f1 and gt I don't think is the best idea for a longer race there.

A while back I ran a race like this at Nords, it was open to all gt cars and people could just chose one they are comfortable with. I haven't really ran gt cars in latest builds so not sure how the new 2017 rsr is compared to older gt2 and gte but even with gt3 its likely they are all within a few seconds at Nords.

Idea for qualy. Set the server for qualy as soon as it's up for the night, i.e skip practice. Run this right up to the start time. Halcyon days.

I think this is the best idea, just have it start as qualy and people can set a qualy lap at any time from when server opens around 6pm until the start of the race. For this to work if people want to keep times if leaving the server it would need to be a preset entry list for the server so they could set a lap early and it will still be there if they jump back in later. All that would be needed is people to nominate which car they want to run and whoever is running the server would just need to set an entry list with GUID's. Using an OSRW version of whichever Nords layout there should be 32 or more grid spots that should easily accommodate anyone possibly interested in running on the night.

I would prefer a race with no forced stops, but if its an hour and a half it would open up strategy and people can stop or not but likely most gt cars wouldn't run that long on a tank of fuel anyway.

Offline Shayne

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 02:46:34 PM »
Yeah I'd be interested.

Nords is all about mixed class racing. So why don't add the MX5 into the mix.... OK I'll find my way out now :D

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2017, 02:53:20 PM »
Yeah I'd be interested.

Nords is all about mixed class racing. So why don't add the MX5 into the mix.... OK I'll find my way out now :D

Completely up to what people want, it could be run as a VLN race with people choosing what class they want to run in, but it would need a reasonable turnout to make at least 3 people in most classes if there was to be GT2/GTE/GT3/GT4 etc.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2017, 02:57:52 PM »
I'm keen also. Would life to see multiple stops with no restrictions to add greater strategy aspect to the race.   GT cars please...

Offline kcender87

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2017, 03:25:04 PM »
yep im in I reckon GT field on VLN or endurance layout?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2017, 04:04:17 PM »
Some thoughts:

Mixed, comparable GT cars

Maybe slightly increased fuel consumption just to enforce the need for a few more stops (not sure how long a car can go on one tank at Nords, although tyres may be the limiting factor). Needs some experimentation.

Make the race finish about 5:00 pm game time for evening lightning (using a timed race)
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2017, 04:37:24 PM »
Some thoughts:

Mixed, comparable GT cars

Maybe slightly increased fuel consumption just to enforce the need for a few more stops (not sure how long a car can go on one tank at Nords, although tyres may be the limiting factor). Needs some experimentation.

Make the race finish about 5:00 pm game time for evening lightning (using a timed race)

My thoughts on an enduro is actually having the option to run a long stint on one set of tyres, raising multipliers to force more stops just means you will go softer tyres and run multiple sprints instead of a longer run on one set. Its likely cars will need to stop for fuel anyway and many may want to change tyres plus probably fix damage  ;D it would be nice to run at least a single enduro stint but all our longer races tend to have forced shorter stints with higher multipliers.  ;)

If people really like lots of stops we can do a 3 hour race. :)

Another possible option for qualifying could be running the practice server all week as a qualifying server if people dont want to do both a long race and qualifying on the one night, you could maybe stretch the race to 2 hours this way if you take away the 30 minutes most would use for qualifying.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 04:39:47 PM by marty »

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2017, 05:22:07 PM »
I'd be interested in a longer enduro, like 1.5 hrs at Nords. Probably some kind of GT mix.

yeah I think GT mix would work best.. but the RSR 2017 wouldn't fit in with any of the classes? and 1.5hrs would be better.

Proper race with no forced number of pit stops.. early morning start so there is sun glare would be a good challenge :)

And yes the lotus 72d was too fast for the RSR anyway.

Marty or Wally.. is there enough cars in gte? or gtc?  i see the lotus evora has 2 different race cars, a GX and GTC and they arent exactly slow like the mx-5 so I think they have a place in the field

Please add to or edit the list.. but this is what I can see is the cars list of Assetto.. and could the porsche RSR 2017 fit at all?

Audi R8 LMS Ultra
BMW M235i
BMW M3 GT2
BMW Z4 GT3
Chev Corvette C7R
Ferrari 488 GT3
Ferrari 458 GT2
Lamborghini Huracan GT3
Lamborghini Huracan ST ?
Lotus Evora GTC
Lotus Evora GX
Maserati GC GT4
Mclaren 650s GT3
Mercedes-Benz AMG GT3 and the SLS GT3?
Nissan GT-R GT3
Porsche 911 GT3 R
Porsche Cayman GT4
p4/5 Competzione 2011
SGC 003

« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 05:28:50 PM by Shameless_1 »
--- A quitter never races and a Racer never quits. ---

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2017, 05:25:42 PM »
I think more stops is better for a long enduro. Not to go ridiculous with it, but preferably more than one stop. That's the only reason I'd bump up a fuel multiplier, if needed. More stops will mix the field up more. I'm thinking 2 or 3 stops only, over 1.5 hrs.

I reckon a long qualifying session on the night will be good enough. The longer the race, the less important qualifying is.

Cold temps might be good, so that people coming out from a pit stop are a bit vulnerable for half a lap or so.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2017, 05:29:25 PM »
Car-wise, I'd look at these, from my favourite list here http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/car-time-ranking.22389/  ;)

Code: [Select]
Porsche 911 RSR 2017,              0.14,     254
Ferrari 488 GT3,                   0.07,     352
Ferrari 458 GT2,                   0.17,     492
Lamborghini Huracan GT3,           0.17,     211
McLaren 650S GT3,                  0.12,     192
Chevrolet Corvette C7R,            0.05,     201
Nissan GT-R GT3,                   0.06,     193
BMW Z4 GT3,                        0.01,     283
Audi R8 LMS Ultra,                 0.07,     211
SCG 003C,                          0.08,     139
Porsche 911 GT3 R 2016,            0.01,     369
Mercedes-Benz AMG GT3,             0.02,     179
BMW M3 GT2,                        0.54,     294
McLaren MP4-12C GT3,               0.30,     308
Lamborghini Huracan ST,            0.01
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 05:32:01 PM by Wally »

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2017, 06:07:19 PM »
I think more stops is better for a long enduro. Not to go ridiculous with it, but preferably more than one stop. That's the only reason I'd bump up a fuel multiplier, if needed. More stops will mix the field up more. I'm thinking 2 or 3 stops only, over 1.5 hrs.

I reckon a long qualifying session on the night will be good enough. The longer the race, the less important qualifying is.

Cold temps might be good, so that people coming out from a pit stop are a bit vulnerable for half a lap or so.

2 or 3 stops in an hour and a half race your just doing multiple 30 minutes sprints like our current season sprint races, also stopping every 3 or 4 laps which really doesnt seem much of an enduro. If there is no forced stops and people want to stop 3 times then good on them but if someone wants to stop once or if possible no times it would be nice to have the multiple options rather then forcing everyone to stop at pretty much the same laps with forced fuel burn taking away any actual strategic options.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2017, 06:12:22 PM »
Yeah, I think you're right.

Offline UnFknBLievable

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2017, 06:34:06 PM »
give it 2 hour race, no mandatory pit stop. Chances are people will pit for damage and tyres anyway. done.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal