Xtreme Gaming Network

S27R5: Tsukuba Race Chat

Author Topic: S27R5: Tsukuba Race Chat  (Read 9890 times)

Offline RussG

• View Profile
Re: S27R5: Tsukuba Race Chat
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2019, 10:54:23 PM »
Good night but couldn't match Russ' pace.

Race 1 got a better start; he was stuck behind Wally and I was behind Mael. After I saw Russ was ahead of Wally I knew I had to make a move on Mael pretty soon before he closed the gap which fortunately I did then managed a 2.5 sec gap to Russ till the end.

Race 2 got away ahead again, but with Russ literally on my ass for 11 or 12 laps I finally made a mistake and went on to the grass letting him pass.

Race 3 Russ got away in front and just pulled ahead I couldn't match the pace.

Seemed like maybe having some wing was the way to go and I was a lot looser in the corners. If I parked it on the apex I could block and pull away on the straights but that meant not making a single mistake which was too much for last night.
Yeah Joe, I must say it was a good night for me too. It made such a change to NOT be punted out on lap 1 or 2 (as in most races this series) and then to have some great close racing without contact was the highlight for me.

Race 1: Wally got in front and I must say he put up a great fight while I was trying to find a way past. By the time my opportunity came, you and Mael had pulled a good gap. I hauled in Mael and not sure what happened, but it seemed like he just let me past. Then I started to haul you in but in the latter stages I think the tyres were going off a bit and I could only keep the gap. I think it was about 1.5 secs at the flag?

Race 2: I had Wally coming up the inside at the start where i was sure there wasn't a cars width. Maybe there wasn't quite as Wally touched me and he was spat out to the other side of the track.
Then we (the mighty Abarth's) managed to get away in front and as you said I was on your ass. I just followed for some laps, then started throwing it inside, outside etc but couldn't make a pass. Eventually I figured you succumbed to the pressure and had a little off letting me past. Then you were hassling me from behind for some laps. I think I got it by about 1 sec?

Race 3: I think I finally learned how to get the Abarth off the line and got away in the lead. As you said, I pulled away, but it was by small margins at first. Then I thought you may have relaxed and accepted second as I was building a bigger gap and finished something like 6.5 secs ahead?

Best nights racing for me for a while  ;D ;D
Some days you're the pigeon,
Some days you're the statue ...

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2019, 08:38:42 AM »
I think it was about 1.5 secs at the flag?

Something like that. It was around 2.5 for most of the race but I got a bit scappy on the last couple of laps.

Then I thought you may have relaxed and accepted second as I was building a bigger gap and finished something like 6.5 secs ahead?

I was pushing too hard to try and catch you which resulted in me going slower as I was loosing grip in the corners and getting shitty exits, so yeah when I realized it wasn't going to happen I happily took 2nd knowing it would push me up in the season leaderboard anyway :)

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2019, 10:55:02 AM »
I hauled in Mael and not sure what happened, but it seemed like he just let me past.

Did not want Joe to get away from you as my only hope was that you and Joe might take each other out while battling  ;D

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2019, 11:11:55 AM »
I hauled in Mael and not sure what happened, but it seemed like he just let me past.

Did not want Joe to get away from you as my only hope was that you and Joe might take each other out while battling  ;D

Knew it!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal