Xtreme Gaming Network

S7 R4 -Silverstone International - 02-02-2017

Author Topic: S7 R4 -Silverstone International - 02-02-2017  (Read 20627 times)

Offline Phil.8

• Δ8
    • View Profile
Re: S7 R4 -Silverstone International - 02-02-2017
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2017, 09:35:18 AM »
How many laps are you thinking of making the race on Thursday Phil, and will there be compulsory pit stops ?
Average seems to be about 1m 40s a lap.

I'll be there!
I did a full race run and found that the tires were shagged after about 20 laps which made the last 5 laps lots of sliding fun, but terribly slow....now to work out this pitstop plugin....

its really handy, just set for what you want and drive into the pits :)
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2017, 02:10:42 PM »
How many laps are you thinking of making the race on Thursday Phil, and will there be compulsory pit stops ?
Average seems to be about 1m 40s a lap.

I'll be there!
I did a full race run and found that the tires were shagged after about 20 laps which made the last 5 laps lots of sliding fun, but terribly slow....now to work out this pitstop plugin....

correct me Phil et al where I ere...
on the Thursday runs, the damage is set to 0 and the tyres are everlasting!  (unless you loose a wheel through an extreme "incident")
but the pitstop plus is an easy tool to use, you have 3 or 4 options, preset, and you can use a single click on the entering the pits for the desired strategy.
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2017, 04:31:09 PM »
I am having no end of trouble getting the pitstop display to stay visible long enough to make it work !!! I can spend 10 mins  trying to get the car in exactly the right spot to do a pitstop, I have to keep going back and forth till I hit the sweet spot.I thought it might be the TrackIR but after disabling it still no joy. Any ideas how to fix greatly appreciated.

Also my MR rating was dropped down to C in the middle of doing practice on my own !!!
social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline Seanus

• ∞+1|ℵ₀ Seanus
    • View Profile
    • GzeroD's output
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2017, 05:43:34 PM »
...my MR rating was dropped down to C in the middle of doing practice on my own !!!

I'm having that happen again and again myself. I would have thought a simple rule to prevent a drop in rating would be in place. Because we seem to be doing most of our racing only at XGN we end up with 1000km and no contacts so for some reason that counts as a C rating???
The quick way to get back to an A rating is to go on to a server and promptly run into someone, thus getting a contact point and raising your ranking ???
I always knew the Sun shone out of my arse. Sean's bum is an anagram of Sunbeams.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2017, 05:51:18 PM »
...my MR rating was dropped down to C in the middle of doing practice on my own !!!

I'm having that happen again and again myself. I would have thought a simple rule to prevent a drop in rating would be in place. Because we seem to be doing most of our racing only at XGN we end up with 1000km and no contacts so for some reason that counts as a C rating???
The quick way to get back to an A rating is to go on to a server and promptly run into someone, thus getting a contact point and raising your ranking ???

Marty may correct me in this but as far as I know minorating takes contacts and racing into account. So if you drive on your own, not crashing but also not racing other drivers you can only achieve a C rating. You actually need to be driving in close proximity to other cars to gain a higher rating.

Offline Phil.8

• Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2017, 09:25:14 PM »
I am having no end of trouble getting the pitstop display to stay visible long enough to make it work !!! I can spend 10 mins  trying to get the car in exactly the right spot to do a pitstop, I have to keep going back and forth till I hit the sweet spot.I thought it might be the TrackIR but after disabling it still no joy. Any ideas how to fix greatly appreciated.

Also my MR rating was dropped down to C in the middle of doing practice on my own !!!

I have not had that, i just drive in and it does it, sometime i overshoot and just reverse back a little,  but the pits seems generous in space
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2017, 09:41:51 PM »
Was not sure about the time delayed start but the race turned out to be excellent. The F40 was the fastest but I kept on getting into traffic just as the tires was giving up the ghost. Shout out to Seanus for a great recovery drive  :)

Offline rob

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2017, 09:49:25 PM »
Sorry Guys. On the start grid, red lights turn off, drop the clutch, and ................... the phone rings. Bah.

I pulled over so as to not ruin anybodies race, rejoined after phone call but forgot to load setup and wondered why I could not get into 5th down Hangar straight. I had already lost 4 laps so decided to call it a night.

Hope everyone had a good race.

Offline Seanus

• ∞+1|ℵ₀ Seanus
    • View Profile
    • GzeroD's output
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2017, 09:57:32 PM »
Binned it twice, without which I may, just maybe have been able to catch Wally. First spin I came out of the previous corner too! well and ruined my line, the second one I was distracted looking at others' gaps and times and missed my brake point. I have a bad habit of still bashing down the gears even when I've overshot my brake marker and lends me to spin. I noticed this fault in my spins and later in the race kept my wheels in line during the ding dong battle for second place.
I always knew the Sun shone out of my arse. Sean's bum is an anagram of Sunbeams.

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2017, 10:07:49 PM »
Had a great battle up the front with Wally and GW. I had the pace to keep with the front runners but not enough pace to pull off a safe pass so settled into a rythem in the hope mistakes might be made. All was working gangbusters until the pit stops when Ray Charles was manning the fuel rig and under filled the car for the second part of the race. I'm not sure what happened with the pit app, however I thought I had asked for 11 laps of fuel and was given just over 7ltrs which was weird seeing I was burning 1.9lt/lap so even if it was 11ltrs and not laps then I should have received more than the 9.?ltrs I left pit lane with. Sadly a 2nd pitstop for a super short fill was required and this time I asked for 5 thinking it might be 5ltrs and sadly it was not which meant I puffed over the finishline last with ml's of fuel left. Sadly a great race ruined......

Apologies GW for the mic, I've got no idea what is going on with team speak, so if it hurt your ears I am sorry. I replaced my broken mic with a new Cosair one last week and ever time I open team speak I need to reset stuff to make the mic work and it's never the same setting which work twice in a row. Believe it or not I'd not touched any settings between others telling me things was fine at the start of the night to your screaming....I'll investigate further but I'm not sure if it's a team speak problem or if the new headset of dodgy...cheers.

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2017, 10:23:55 PM »
The session details shows several people did not pit?

Plagued with sinusitis with this crappy weather we're having, it's really affecting my racing. I managed a 1:37.0 in practise but couldn't get close to it in qualifying or in race.  I started off slow and made a up a few positions as the gt40s in front of me were having trouble in the corners with grip.  I dropped back but came back again with 2 more GT40s in middle pack in front of me battling for position bruce got loose and spun in front of me and I had no time to avoid it. got pushed off the track but managed to keep it going but lost ground and struggled for the rest of the race. Stopped pushing the car, had a spin and a few brake locks ups and offs from lack of concentration. Everyone behind me appeared to quit. I passed humper after sitting behind him for 2 laps. He seemed to have given up so I made up 1 position.
--- A quitter never races and a Racer never quits. ---

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2017, 11:43:18 PM »
Everyone behind me appeared to quit.

Don't you just hate it when people do that!  Anyhow just be glad you not driving the GT40 at the next race! Even just a few laps testing was quite an experience  ;D

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2017, 02:38:46 AM »
Everyone behind me appeared to quit.

Don't you just hate it when people do that!  Anyhow just be glad you not driving the GT40 at the next race! Even just a few laps testing was quite an experience  ;D

I'd love to drive either the gt40 or the f40 but it's just pointless with joystick, far too hard to control. The 908 floats left and right in the steering for me but I can at least control the car pretty well compared to the rest. It has cornering but just doesn't have the grunt.
--- A quitter never races and a Racer never quits. ---

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2017, 07:33:03 AM »
I had some really good racing with GW, Brad, and rooshooter for a bit too. I backed off the corners just a little (I always feel like I have to nurse the GT40 through a slow corner) and managed to put in really consistent lap times without any spins or incidents.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal