Xtreme Gaming Network

S33R1: Slovakiaring

Author Topic: S33R1: Slovakiaring  (Read 7478 times)

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: S33R1: Slovakiaring
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2020, 10:48:42 AM »
These things are really tough to race. I can’t remember the last time I felt so tired after a couple of shortish sim races....When everyone was spinning off the track at the start of race 1 I was just waiting of them hit me as well, but they didn’t and I managed to go from 9th to 4th in one lap! Had the race been called at the end of lap 4 I would have been really excited but as expected the faster guys managed to recover and eventually made their way around me. Mael, I don’t know how you could get your car to stick on the outside of turn 1 and still overtake, because I was struggling just to make the corner,  but kudos to you.

Race 2 I got a so, so start and managed to catch up to Wally for a bit until I got a bit of a hip and shoulder  bump at the last corner which sent me heading off into the pits at warp factor 9. I managed to avoid entering the pits at race speed (& the speeding penalty) but I still managed to get a curb strike....hmmmmm. As we discussed post race, there really wasn’t much in it but it became apparent that these cars have a fairly large blind spots when running side by side. Whilst I run triples and even when using my look right/left buttons I was struggling to see cars level with my b-pillar and Wally didn’t know I was there. I’m not sure how we address this but it’s certainly something to be mindful of during close battles as the season progresses. After my recovery I managed to catch up to AGK and Simone and had some of the closest racing I’ve ever been part of. For many, many laps the three of us were nose to tail and it was only in the last lap or two that due to various mistakes we were able to pass one another. I then followed Simone home as we were lapping within a couple of thousands of a second the whole race but I never really could get close enough to try a pass.

Race 3 was more of the same, super close battles with Simone which was made even more stressful by Freezer and Mael taking each other out meaning we were battling for a top 5 finish. Due to the nature of these cars my brain space was empty by races end and I think I managed to over cook my front tyres which forced me to run wide at turn 1 and lose 4th...never the less a top 5 finish is like a win for me!

I think this is going to be a season of inches and it will be interesting to see what effect the weight penalties will have on next weeks racing. 

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2020, 02:25:55 PM »
A racing accident after a few mt and a disco put my racing noight in the gully.Turned out my 16 years old son was downloading cod patch+watching netflix!!!! After that i never recoverd and i knew it. But i had a ball regardless fighting Bradc  and AGK ...good stuff!!I I am a bit disappointed after qual 4th i was expecting more but i am already sharping the knife for the next encounter.
A big thx to VOLTAREN for making it all possible!!!!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 02:35:06 PM by Simone »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2020, 05:19:11 PM »
A big thx to VOLTAREN for making it all possible!!!!
I think you need a custom skin with a prominent sponsor:
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal