Xtreme Gaming Network

S16R3: Monza Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S16R3: Monza Post-Race Chat  (Read 10453 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S16R3: Monza Post-Race Chat
« on: April 04, 2017, 08:22:13 PM »
RACE RESULTS
SEASON STATS

Round Points
Jeremy   65
Grat   62
Phil.8   62
Diehard   56
Marty   56
Mael   55
Joe   53
Shayne   48
Bird   45
Seanus   45
RussG   40
UnFknBLievable   39
Freezer   38
Bacchulum   34
Slow_As   34
Doobs   29
Simone   25
Kcender87   24
Gratulin   19
ab156   18
Wally   15
Bafs17   14
AJ   12
Chap111   0

(Remember that you have to finish 75% of the race distance to be classified as a finisher and get any points)

Congratulations to Jeremy on pole, the two race wins, and the overall round win.

Lap 1 Penalties
None.

Season Leaders
1. Marty, 130
2. Phil.8, 128
3. Jeremy, 119

Thanks to consistently good results by Phil and Joe, Krahl Racing have powered away in the team standings, with Maki Racing and Infinity + 1 close together in 2nd and 3rd.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 10:48:41 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: S16R3: Monza Post-Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 10:43:48 PM »
Was some fun racing not my best night results wise but good to try battle a few guys. I didnt understand why I was losing so much time in qualy as I pushed as hard as I could but just had no pace about 8 tenths off the practice pace with grip not that low at the end. In the race I got a slight bump in the rear t1 and I noticed I was nearly losing 1 second per lap about 2 tenths each straight. Then I noticed my rpm wobbling a bit and realized the clutch was spiking and kicking in. It did make for a fun chase of Mael and Diehard, I gave it all I had but kept losing out in the straights so never really had a look at a pass. They both drove solid and clean to keep me in my spot so congrats to them and those ahead.

Race 2 starting 6th I think, I added some big deadzones to my clutch and brake. Brake felt a little odd but I wasnt losing any time so was all good, shows the quality of the field as making passes reallly was not hard. Kcender got me early as I was trying to get past Mael, then a few laps later I finally got past Mael. There was a bit of a gap to the next gap and they were running a solid pace, kcender did get up to Phil and Grat then once he started battling them I was able to also catch that pack. Jeremey was already long gone and I was on Phils tail, tried all I could and the few small errors he made I couldnt get into position to make a pass.

I then saw Kcenders car stuck half way in the track pas the pits, bad luck there with his connection as it played up both races and cost him some good results.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 10:46:38 PM by marty »

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2017, 10:51:05 PM »
Had to bail, connection was going mental. Sorry to ab and anybody else I might have inconvenienced. Gonna have to get onto Optus and ask them wtf is going on methinks. Every night from about 5:30pm my connection just goes to shit until about 11:30.

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2017, 10:55:50 PM »
Had to bail, connection was going mental. Sorry to ab and anybody else I might have inconvenienced. Gonna have to get onto Optus and ask them wtf is going on methinks. Every night from about 5:30pm my connection just goes to shit until about 11:30.

congestion at its finest. Definitely worthy of a complaint to Optus
--- A quitter never races and a Racer never quits. ---

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2017, 10:57:17 PM »
Looking at the contacts in results Wally it seems lap 1 is showing all the pre starts as I only got a tap from Joe on the actual race. The other hits are when I didnt move off the line on the practice start.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2017, 11:10:41 PM »
Fun raced. In both races I found myself a bit out of position. Race one gave me a good start and a bit of luck to get by Diehard. Every lap felt like a qualifying lap, tempting the walls at every corner! The end of the race could not come soon enough with a very satisfying fourth place.

Race 2 followed a similar pattern with a good start and bit of luck. Unfortunately I could not keep Phil, Kcender Marty and Diehard behind me. A visit to the local panel beater allowed Joe past. Still quite satisfied with seventh.

Freezer appeared to have a incident filled race, the next race is a terrible track so the point scoring is all up to you  ;D  We have to keep DA Racing behind us!

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2017, 11:13:12 PM »
Did a pb is practice nearly hitting a 50. Qually was going okay till I got diatracted by a stationary car and mistimed a turn hitting the barrier. Had to go to pits and back out so missed out on 2 or 3 fast laps. Fortunately put in my best just before time.

R1 mael got me early on. I think I'm still a lot more cautious than I need to be on cold tyres but better safe tham sorry. Marty was off at T1 but got me a few laps later. I kept up with the mael, diehard, marty train until lap 12 where I got my 3rd cut warning and with 3 or 4 cars behind in the 10 second window I backed off a bit to avoid a cut penalty.

R2 had some good laps behind diehard and mael until they pulled ahead after i made a couple of mistakes. I could see them starting to battle side by sidr ahead so knew it was a chance to catch up. Diehard took mael ans i got right on his tail. After a lap or so like that i gave him a bump coming into the second chicane and redressed but was then a bit far back. Fortunately for me mael spun it through the second lesmo and i took the spot. Diehard was too far to catch by that point.

Think i got 7th and 6th so happy with that considering thosr who were ahead.

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2017, 11:16:52 PM »

Yeah there's no coincidence that it started and has been getting worse ever since Netflix launched in Australia. Like, literally the week it launched.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2017, 12:19:06 AM »

Yeah there's no coincidence that it started and has been getting worse ever since Netflix launched in Australia. Like, literally the week it launched.

Maybe time for an isp change?

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2017, 12:20:42 AM »
I had decent pace in practice but didn't quite string a good lap together in qual so started 13th.
Race One was a good start and was chasing the front group when I over corrected a slide at the parabolica and was off loosing a bunch of spots.
Pushed hard for the rest of the race but another bump later on with unfknbelievable when I dropped a wheel on the grass under brakes and turned into him (sorry!).
A poor result meant starting from 17th for race two.  A good jump and I was up to 13 on lap 1.  However I felt like I had lost braking ability so took a few laps to amend
my driving and work around it.  Pushed hard but didn't see to much action after that.

Despite my shitty round, Maki has jumped to 2nd on the leaderboard.  Unfortunately I won't be here next week due to school holidays so going to have to leave it you to
you Mael to carry the team . . :)  :)  (sry)  but will be back for the rest!!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2017, 07:29:52 AM »
Looking at the contacts in results Wally it seems lap 1 is showing all the pre starts as I only got a tap from Joe on the actual race. The other hits are when I didnt move off the line on the practice start.

Thanks, I'll look into it.

Not a great round for me, let down by mechanical problems. Near the end of qually, my pedal inputs just went really random, like brake half on and throttle engaging all by itself. I had to sit the first race out, trying to replug all my usb devices into different ports. I rejoined in pits and my pedals seemed to be ok. I watched the Mael/Diehard/Marty pack which was pretty close.

In race 2 I started way down the grid (physically) but that was probably a good start because I could easily catch up to the pack at the chicane and slowly weave my way through some spun cars. I passed a few guys when they had spins and eventually caught up to Slow_As. We were matched for pace and stuck to each other. We traded places a couple of times after he made a little mistake, but then he was able to re-pass with a draft at the end of the straight. But then on lap 12, still chasing, my brake pedal would only come on about 25%, which made it impossible to continue, so I had to retire from the race. I limped around on the final lap just to cross the 75% lap mark to qualify as a finisher and get some points at least.

Now my brake pedal seems fine after I removed the additional foam/spring at the end of the travel - it seems to be keeping it's calibration OK. Touch wood...
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2017, 08:23:37 AM »
It was a fun evening for me, with lots of side-by-side action. But, contrary to Marty's prediction, I saw very few passes. I tried a couple of times to pass Jeremy in race 1, but to no avail. Then both kcender and Phil tried repeatedly to pass me, but it never completely worked out for them. In fact, it ended pretty much as it started---I could not get a good lap on quali, as otherwise I really felt I could have an edge over the others on the single lap (my problem last night seemed to be consistency and tyres after lap 12 or so).

But it was really good fun. And indeed, I'd like to spend a few words in favour of our field. I often hear we are not good enough, too many crashes, and so on. But yesterday at least the top 5 or 6 were amazing! I mean: kcender, Jeremy, and I are not the "polite" driver type. But we always kept it within the rules and manage to survive a few side-by-side actions through the whole chicanes (all three, indeed). I have also seen Marty and Phil battling in my mirrors, and again: it was tough but right where it should be. It really feels nice to know that I can race hard and trust completely the other guys, even when they are shutting the door (Jeremy) or trying to find a minimal gap (kcender) as much as they can think of doing. We are not perfect, of course, but it looks like we are better than many professional fields. I mean: we survived 32 laps at Monza with minimal contacts. That's quite a result.

Offline diehard

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2017, 08:45:41 AM »
Was good racing last night, with the times so close to one another you had to be super consistent or else a tiny mistake costs a lot of time and a position.

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2017, 08:49:34 AM »

It may prove fruitful if you run through this exercise to eliminate any problems past the NBN connection
https://iihelp.iinet.net.au/Troubleshooting_NBN_FTTP_for_speed_issues
I was having similar issues and discovered that the connections on my AC Wired setup had corroded and reduced the speed substaintially,
you also need to confirm your connection speed with a LAN cable from the NBN box if possible, after going through this exercise I am now reasonably happy with my ISP which is iinet. Also run the speed test regularly to see what is happening with your speed and check the logs. Hope this helps find any problems.
NB. I was initially sceptical  but was worth the effort which I carried out several months ago.

social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2017, 09:17:04 AM »
It may prove fruitful if you run through this exercise to eliminate any problems past the NBN connection
https://iihelp.iinet.net.au/Troubleshooting_NBN_FTTP_for_speed_issues
I was having similar issues and discovered that the connections on my AC Wired setup had corroded and reduced the speed substaintially,
you also need to confirm your connection speed with a LAN cable from the NBN box if possible, after going through this exercise I am now reasonably happy with my ISP which is iinet. Also run the speed test regularly to see what is happening with your speed and check the logs. Hope this helps find any problems.
NB. I was initially sceptical  but was worth the effort which I carried out several months ago.

Outside of those hours the connection is perfectly fine, so it's not an issue with my LAN. I'm also not on NBN.

Maybe time for an isp change?

I literally have 0 other options apart from Wireless where I am.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal