Xtreme Gaming Network

S241R4 - Feldbergring Race Chat

Author Topic: S241R4 - Feldbergring Race Chat  (Read 19764 times)

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: S241R4 - Feldbergring Race Chat
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2018, 11:30:08 AM »
Hey Wally. Nothing against Freezer of course but just wondering how the scoring works when he missed last round. was surprised the points were still so close with a missed round so looked back and he picked up 37 points at imola without being there?

edit: actually looks like it's the drop round thing?
Yeah, don't forget that everyone's worst round is dropped.

Yep I figured that out afterwards. I usually don't pay much attention to the points as I'm way down. Got lucky this season so far.
I'm coming for you Joe!!  I've never been this far up either :) :) :)

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2018, 12:34:59 PM »
Hey Wally. Nothing against Freezer of course but just wondering how the scoring works when he missed last round. was surprised the points were still so close with a missed round so looked back and he picked up 37 points at imola without being there?

edit: actually looks like it's the drop round thing?
Yeah, don't forget that everyone's worst round is dropped.

Yep I figured that out afterwards. I usually don't pay much attention to the points as I'm way down. Got lucky this season so far.
I'm coming for you Joe!!  I've never been this far up either :) :) :)

Race 1 of the season surprised me and I really didn't expect to still be on top after round 2 let alone round 4. No Matthew, Jeremy or Grat has helped, and Phil and Kcender blowing up parts of their car or crashing.

Offline doobs

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2018, 04:53:32 PM »
I reckon I did nearly 50 laps and I didn't do one clean timed lap in practice, qual, or race.

I had an awful race, on a really good track.

The End.

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2018, 05:11:33 PM »
wow that was fun! Like a lot of people I could barely put together two laps in a row without crashing, however i did learn that the old beetle could take quite a beating and not lose a lot of speed. In the race i ran around at 90% pace and it was a rather lonesome drive as I couldn't catch anyone in front and those behind never got near me. I did have some close laps with Able early on until he ran wide in the town. Overall it was a really quiet night, but a thoroughly enjoyable track. If only i knew how to set up a car.....

Offline ab156

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2018, 06:27:06 PM »
Fun race. 

Unlike many it seems I was reasonably comfortable coming into the server.  Knew i couldn't get below the 10s but figured I had enough pace and car conservation to get through the race.

Had my fuel numbers and predicted tyre wear sorted. Setup saved... good to go.

Ballsed up qualifying like an amateur,  sorry to make everyone wait another 4 min as I crossed the line without a representative time with fees seconds to go. Managed to at least get near the front.

The race itself was pretty cool.  I can't deny I was cursing buller after he pushed pretty hard in the first few corners of a long race, decided to give it up before the hairpin which w as d both a good and bad option. Good because it meant we had an epic battle for several laps before he had issues, bad because it gave the lead pack a small break.

Closed onto the back of the pack as Keith, freezer and Joe raced hard.  Was cool to see side by side clean racing. 

Joe made the mistake of pitting so closed onto freezer for a great series of laps. I think I was technically past him 3 times, cleared him once but had a very small rub on the fence and he was past again.  Great racing as I was way quicker in the first sector, he was quicker in the second and we were about even in the last.  Ultimately meant we raced within a second and a half for the last part of the race.

Bit annoyed to miss the podium but also glad to have had a great race.

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2018, 03:02:38 PM »
Embarassing race!  :o :o :o :( :(

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2018, 02:58:13 PM »
......and for anyone who thought that was too easy: