Xtreme Gaming Network

S28R2: Suzuka 1988

Author Topic: S28R2: Suzuka 1988  (Read 33012 times)

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
Re: S28R2: Suzuka 1988
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2019, 11:58:43 AM »
Thx a lot Phil i will give it a go tonight,also i would like to try the guybrush set he posted on ptracker......but i cant see it!!  hahahaaa   where is it?   ::)

thx again

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2019, 06:18:24 PM »
Server's up.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2019, 10:01:53 PM »
Well, it was great racing until I got disconnected.  Really annoying as I was having a great night.  But this is autosport; shit happens. ;)

R1 wasn't too eventful, there was some shuffle in the first coners, picked up a couple of spots, then stayed there between Wally and AGK the whole race.

However....

In R2 I've tapped the rear of AGK going into the hairpin - apologies - and as I've re-dressed, dropped a few spots nicely.   Then I got hit from the rear myself a few corners later, luckily not too badly - but the car felt a bit funny. 
Then as I've worked hard to catch up - it was a fantastic racing experience!
The last few laps of R2 were absolutely bonkers, overtaking, capitalising mistakes, it was all there. 
Loved it.

Many tanks for the setup GB, as I got more used to it, I was able to make it work very nicely!

Thanks for all the racing, gents!

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2019, 10:31:25 PM »
Great racing thanks guys. Very sorry to killa for the tap into hairpin on qualifying and r2. Hope I didn't cause any other drama during the races.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2019, 10:37:48 PM »
Well each race for me tonight was pretty much, get a clean start, fall in behind the front few guys and try
and keep it on track!   I had a few wide moments here and there but survived them.  I didn't have the pace to catch
the front guys but seemed to be able to hold a gap to the rest of the pack.
Only tangle was with Killa near the end of the last race when I think he missed his brake marker at T1 and
sailed up the inside of me taking us both to the sand.  Luckily I was able to get going without dropping
as spot but in my panic I was a bit out of control and let Beuller through in the dying bends!
Car went from feeling really tricky in r1, to feeling really good in the last one . . was a good night!

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2019, 10:51:57 PM »
I had good pace tonight qualifying 3rd but a few minor mistakes lost quite a few positions.

R1 tapping gb through t1/t2 turned me around and lost 10 or so places. Sorry if anyone else was caught up in that.

R2 was pretty decent I think I came 6th chasing bacculum at the end for a photo finish.

R3 I ran into bacculum. Not quite sure how it happened but he seemed to slow more than i expected in front of me and I was already back on the power and couldn't do much. That lost me a few positions then a  bit later fighting with Mael I caught the grass on the I inside of the final turn pushing me out and into the wall.

Awesome racing all round though.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2019, 11:04:27 PM »
Results are up in the 1st post.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2019, 11:20:02 PM »
Not a biggy, but are the +/- change numbers out in the standings.  I was 10th after the first round, and now with this
round being better (5th), first round dropped.  But shows -1 change, not +5.

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2019, 11:27:04 PM »
Well each race for me tonight was pretty much, get a clean start, fall in behind the front few guys and try
and keep it on track!   I had a few wide moments here and there but survived them.  I didn't have the pace to catch
Only tangle was with Killa near the end of the last race when I think he missed his brake marker at T1 and
sailed up the inside of me taking us both to the sand.  Luckily I was able to get going without dropping
as spot but in my panic I was a bit out of control and let Beuller through in the dying bends!
Car went from feeling really tricky in r1, to feeling really good in the last one . . was a good night!
Yeah, I didn't intend to pass you...dunno, maybe I was surprised about you braking a bit earlier than expected...guess I then braked too hard in panic, locked up of course and that made it worse. The right guy got punished...me idiot...the only race where I didn't get taken out and I, a good result in sight, f** it up in the last round :-(
Sorry

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2019, 11:34:54 PM »
Yeah, I didn't intend to pass you...dunno, maybe I was surprised about you braking a bit earlier than expected...guess I then braked too hard in panic, locked up of course and that made it worse. The right guy got punished...me idiot...the only race where I didn't get taken out and I, a good result in sight, f** it up in the last round :-(
Sorry
All good Killa . . . it happens!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2019, 11:35:05 PM »
Not a biggy, but are the +/- change numbers out in the standings.  I was 10th after the first round, and now with this
round being better (5th), first round dropped.  But shows -1 change, not +5.
It was a test to see if anybody looked at that ;)
Fixed - thanks.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2019, 11:38:36 PM »
First couple of races, I made too many stupid unforced errors to throw away several positions each time. Dunno... maybe my concentration wasn't quite up to it tonight. The last race was better. All races had lots of action though, and some nice close finishes (0.013 behind AB in race 2, and then again 0.164 in race 3). Like Freezer noted, the car seemed to feel better in the later races (or I was just getting more used to it).

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2019, 06:49:08 AM »
Mixed bag for me, R1 I realised I really should have done more practice. R2  CM would not show Race Server had to join through Steam and forgot to load Controls setup , pitted and watched some very entertaining racing onboard with quite a few people :) 8). R3 I also felt much more comfortable in the car and realised that I could relax a bit and still drive just as fast.
Still a very good night.

NB. Thanks to all the people who helped get my FPS up, it was 65 at start from the back of grid and 75 to 90 during the race.
social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline ab156

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2019, 08:40:40 AM »
Bad results, good racing.

Messed up qualifying so started few positions further back than hoped.

R1 - innocent party in the T2 mess.  Looking ahead, could see the incident, took a safe line, got ploughed into from the inside.  Back to 15th or something.  Made it to T9, was well inside Joe leaving plenty of room, got ploughed into.  On the replay it was clearly a combination of Joe trying to recover the car after a slight excursion and the collision box issue.  Not intentional so race on.  Now last, by a margin.  Had fun coming back through the pack, pretty hard to set up a pass so a few multi-lap efforts required.

R2 - a bit cleaner, a few own goals due to pushing too hard to try and get a good starting position for R3.  Had my first encounter with Mael and his bloody Honda :) finally spooked him into going off at the hairpin after about 4 laps of racing with Joe adding further entertainment.  Caught Wally with 1/2 a lap to go, timed the slipstream perfectly (my story) to make the most of the long nose on the Eagle and beat him by about 2cm.  Good racing all around.

R3 - again, just trying to make it up the field, made it to Freezer then went off losing a few positions.  Pretty annoyed by this stage.  Got some clear track on the last lap and was going for it, I was over 1 second up on my best time when I went off at spoon and let a few people back past.  Would have been a high 1:05, what the hell had I been doing the rest of the night.  More time in the seat required with these cars to really get comfortable and get close to the limit.

It is good racing, hoping the more open layout at Spa will bring better fortune. 
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 08:43:11 AM by ab156 »

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2019, 08:44:44 AM »
Great racing with these cars,this time i put some laps and definately i had more fun with some more competitive pace,also in race 2 i had my pb. Hey Brad sorry for the hit,,,,,WOW!!    cant believe i am still doing these sort of things   lol    my bad.   

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal