Xtreme Gaming Network

S26R3: Monza

Author Topic: S26R3: Monza  (Read 14340 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S26R3: Monza
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2019, 11:07:36 PM »
Results are up. Well done Bird on the round win.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2019, 12:28:06 AM »
I could have purchased the Cayman as well, but as I didn't have time to to prepare I went for the Carrera S again. At least I've got a setup for this one.
It's a great car. Turns in very well and oversteer is nicely controllable.
So, considering I had just this one our of practise before the race I'm pretty happy with the way it went. Good to be faster than Wally for a change :-)
Cheers

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2019, 12:54:31 AM »
Fun if at times a bit lonely race. For race 1 I just concentrated to get consistent pace and a good result for a change, helped by Bird having gotten a case of Bird-flu  :P.

Race 2 it quickly became apparent that Bird meant business and there was no way of competing with him, waited for AB who got delayed at the start by Killa to have a good race.

Race 3  went for an alternative strategy to keep it interesting, with only two 911 R's in the field it can be a bit lonely. An early start combined with a pit drive through should be close with Monza''s short pitlane. I was also hoping Killa would get ahead of AB again to delay him and make it a close race. However AB got away clean while I lost about 3 seconds in the first two laps through over-driving on cold tires. (The first lap's time is a bit weird since the clock only start when the lights go out, a false PB in my case). Luckily for me Ab touched the grass on the last lap while going for a PB laptime otherwise I would not have caught up with him! Again the Bird drove without fault for a good win, your laptime consistency in race 2 and three was impressive Bird!

ps. The loneliest award in race 2 for me can't be right? The gap between me and AB was always close.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2019, 07:37:15 AM »

ps. The loneliest award in race 2 for me can't be right? The gap between me and AB was always close.
Yeah, that looks a bit odd, doesn't it. Loneliest looks at your total gap, front and back, and you had a big gap to Bird in front. I should change it to be the driver who's furthest away from any car.
My race 3 was made difficult by missing the start while watching Mael drive off into the sunset. I was about second last, but then spent some laps battling grat and Freezer. Freezer and I had an interesting race, with some drafting and a few passes (including one when I nearly spun on that damn Lesmo 2 outer kerb).
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2019, 08:02:25 AM »
Hi Wally: question---strictly only for curiosity. Doesn't the cut penalty kick in at the 4th cut? I have 3 cuts and a penalty in race 3.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2019, 08:29:56 AM »
The first race was fun, even if I've fecked up every time I went past AB (apart from the original effup). 
The second was fun because I've got a pb and finally won a race.
The third was much like the second - I was half thinking of going from the back, but thought you guys may not appreciate me waving through the field...

I gotta say, it's still nicer to be alone at the front than at the back :D

Also: the GT3RS is a very nice & easy car to drive, all the spins were solely my fault.  In better hands, I'm pretty sure it could fly a few seconds faster.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 08:34:24 AM by Bird »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2019, 09:49:47 AM »
Hi Wally: question---strictly only for curiosity. Doesn't the cut penalty kick in at the 4th cut? I have 3 cuts and a penalty in race 3.
Yes. I was running around on 3 warnings in one race, for example. I noticed your penalty came up very late in the race. Maybe the last cut was after the race finished? I'll have to check the server log file.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2019, 10:47:21 PM »
Yes. I was running around on 3 warnings in one race, for example. I noticed your penalty came up very late in the race. Maybe the last cut was after the race finished? I'll have to check the server log file.
Yes, I think you got the 4th cut (and hence the penalty) after the race end. It's not supposed to do that... I'll have to investigate.

What do you want, one extra point and less cash, or take the cash? :)

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2019, 08:50:12 AM »
Yes, I think you got the 4th cut (and hence the penalty) after the race end. It's not supposed to do that... I'll have to investigate.

What do you want, one extra point and less cash, or take the cash? :)
Ahahahah. It does not matter, I guess. I mean: I have not checked whether I am close to be able to buy a better car, as it all depends on that...

But yes, I confirm that I did cut the chicane in the cool-down lap. I'll try not to do it in the future to avoid this issue.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal